• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Song of the day.

Drummer's are weirdos!

+1 A friend in high school was a drummer to the center of his soul. He was a good guy but fucking annoying. All the time with the fucking drumming, didn’t matter if it was with a few pens, his fingers, fish sticks , didn’t matter. Every class I had with him(he was a year behind me so blessedly it wasn’t all day) the entire class would tell him to shut the hell up.

But I digress...

I’m sure it has been posted in this thread at least once before but I have to do it again, this can’t be highlighted enough. I’m going to post the entire movie but I’ve been watching “The Weight” and “The Night They Drove Ol Dixie Down” a lot lately. Absolutely amazing

Reactions: DuneBoer
Okay, here is how my mind works.

Driving home from the Northwoods, heard a song I completely forgot. Coverdale/Page (early 90s):

Here is Plant covering Coverdale with Page (yeah, WTF?!):

And then I started thinking about various supergroups around this time (think Asia, Yes, etc).

Page jammed with the Firm (Paul Rodger from Bad Co.)

But going back further there was this Cali band called Y&T. Early 80s. Dave Meniketti reminded me of Sam Hagar with Montrose. But he made me laugh quite a bit as the early 80s was a thing.

Cannot find good audio/video of them, but I believe Meniketti is still around doing his thang. This song in particular made me laugh my teenage ass off.

Bar room boogie:

Yeah, no real point, but remembering my youthful stupidity. "Yesterday and Today" LOL.

Here is the Firm:

Tony Franklin was AWESOME on that "farty" fretless bass. Don't think most folks gave him credit for that. Just saying.

Saturday rando thought.

Reactions: BLEE and Moe Ron
Old guys 😂 Got some arthritis in the left hand. There’s now some chords I can’t get to. 😢It’s all good 😎😂

SRV. One of those guys that sounded good in the studio but just couldn’t quite pull it off live 😂😂😂😂

:oops:

Harshing my mellow. Even in jest.

SRV was beyond this world in terms of what he threw out there, IMO.

Dude was plugged into the universe. I originally thought that of Jimi, but thangs change.

Every person who has touched a guitar, and knows what people hear, MUST know what this dude brang to the table. If they are honest.

Every last fucker in this crowd was dead still....

No one ever knew what was coming from that guy. God rest his soul!

Reactions: Moe Ron
I can’t even imagine a connection with your instrument that SRV possessed. Just listening doesn’t cut it. You gotta watch him. The emotions on his face and on his body just flow out of the guitar. God D$&@ I miss him

OK I need a tissue 😅

When the "best" tell you about someone....

It holds weight.

This guy was Magick IMO.

Here is a sample-it has been posted.

When I was able to get my kids in front of BB-it was a huge win. He was still breathing.

BB fucking King.

My kids will NEVER forget that. Seated or not.

They now KNOW!

Stevie passed when I was in Germany. And I am SO close to that place. UGH!

I did it once. Cannot go back. I do not do well with : "legacy."

I file it all away for consideration in the future.

Served me well. So far.

Reactions: Davo308

Thanks for the jams guys. this is one of my favorite threads. Im buzzed and going to bed.

I absolutely don't know how he can perform this song during his concerts. The stress you see in this video is undeniable.

For those who don't know, Eric Clapton lost his son Conor in 1991. The 4 year old fell 50 stories from a high rise apartment to his death. I can't imagine the pain he must go through every time he performs this song.