• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Song of the day.

Is there an Exorcist in the house?!

EDIT: Mayyyyybe, I could paddle that evil spirit out of her ass?!

:unsure:

That would be the best exorcism ever.

I’ve watched a ton of “first reaction” videos of vocal coaches watching that video on YouTube. They’re all hilarious, one girl almost choked on a drink of tea the first time she heard the voice change

Reactions: Thorny

So... Brandy... crazy iconic. I always wanted to "covert" that to blues. And another: Green Eyed Lady (SugarLoaf?) - Sumpthin'. Never did, wished I had, but ultimately felt it kinda creepy as on their own-they are iconic. Just did a quick search, and see I am not the only irrelevant old guy to have these thoughts....

Pat Travers, recently:

LMAO! :ROFLMAO:

OFWG's at their best?!

Reactions: acudaowner
That would be the best exorcism ever.

I’ve watched a ton of “first reaction” videos of vocal coaches watching that video on YouTube. They’re all hilarious, one girl almost choked on a drink of tea the first time she heard the voice change
I have three sons-all musically inclined. One is sitting behind me, I hit play, and he said-"oh that girl has range."

I said, "huh."

NOT what I expected. Had to look for the adam's apple-then looked at all the shit in her face (not judging, just saying), then, listened....

No words- my ex flying around the house these days on her broom is JV compared to how quick I'd leap outta bed and run into the woods upon finding one of these in the wild!

LOL-damn.

Brrrrrrrrrrr....

Reactions: The D
I have three sons-all musically inclined. One is sitting behind me, I hit play, and he said-"oh that girl has range."

I said, "huh."

NOT what I expected. Had to look for the adam's apple-then looked at all the shit in her face (not judging, just saying), then, listened....

No words- my ex flying around the house these days on her broom is JV compared to how quick I'd leap outta bed and run into the woods upon finding one of these in the wild!

LOL-damn.

Brrrrrrrrrrr....
Lol, that would be weird for sure. I think it’s be hilarious to hear her yell like that at random annoying situations during the day. Like getting a Starbucks order a tiny bit wrong or being told you can’t return something at a store

Lol, that would be weird for sure. I think it’s be hilarious to hear her yell like that at random annoying situations during the day. Like getting a Starbucks order a tiny bit wrong or being told you can’t return something at a store
So after a very, very long week... I come in here to hide, and find this stuff. :LOL:

I'm with you on the energy. It's also funny how shit like this gets me thinking.

I remember when rap and rock kinda melded with Aerosmith and Run DMC. Mid-80's ish. I was initially horrified, but then realized, DAMN, this was kinda funky on several levels. Loved me some early Aerosmith, rap was kinda unknown then, and aside from the rough shit by way of NWA (which I loved), basically "black punk" IMO, I ignored it. "Blondie?!" WTF?! :unsure:

Anyhoo... that all said, if you are old enough to remember the Police when they started in the 80's, it was kinda a similar "mashup." Pasty white dudes from the UK doing Jamaican vibes over Pop shit-but was just enough to catch your ear and go: "Huh?...." Not typical rhythms one would expect back then.

So that is the wormhole of my brains with this stuff. In hindsight-very cool in so many ways.

And, in the world we live today, those thoughts all lead me here, now, from NonPoint. And I still laugh like I first saw it:

Jamaica, meets pop in the 80's:

When music crosses barriers. (y)

still reminds me of cats being tortured in a bag .

You Sir, have balls to post that stuff IMO.

I could do the whole litany I just did above about the direction of my brain cells, but, I'll try to cut cut it short.

In Kosovo, first wave in that mess, I got bored and did several things: buy the entire Beatles catalogue on CD, and order Best of from Neil Diamond. This stemmed from a very odd conversation which led to comments of:

"The (American) Jewish version of Tom Jones" ("obviously, the Welsh version of Neil.") Many odd people commented about Neil Sadaka. The Everly Brothers and so on.... Elvis-this list can easily go on.

Having been raised by a family much older than me ( a kid of the 70s) I heard SO much crazy good music, I was spoiled. From MoTown to Blues, to Bluegrass, to Folk, Punk and Metal.... I was a convert. Shit is Universal and I understand why we communicated with Aliens in musical tones in the 70s (Spielberg anyone?!). You get it, or you do not. Aliens aren't exempted.

Anyhoo-again, I came here to escape the reality of this week, so I will leave another brave dropping for y'all to digest. Another insane slice of America IMO.

This dude got so big, he could do no wrong. And for those alive back then I present example #1.

Dude was topping the charts and beloved by Grandma's everywhere. Made it to People Magazine in the 70's and said: I like hoeing the garden naked while stoned. And got published and no backlash! In the 70's. Made it to the fuckin' Muppets and died, on his own terms. LMAO! (Alice Copper should be mentioned here-as a reference.)

Happy Thanksgiving boys! America is truly an amazing thing, here is the evidence (wait for it-it's worth it):

So after a very, very long week... I come in here to hide, and find this stuff. :LOL:

I'm with you on the energy. It's also funny how shit like this gets me thinking.

I remember when rap and rock kinda melded with Aerosmith and Run DMC. Mid-80's ish. I was initially horrified, but then realized, DAMN, this was kinda funky on several levels. Loved me some early Aerosmith, rap was kinda unknown then, and aside from the rough shit by way of NWA (which I loved), basically "black punk" IMO, I ignored it. "Blondie?!" WTF?! :unsure:

Anyhoo... that all said, if you are old enough to remember the Police when they started in the 80's, it was kinda a similar "mashup." Pasty white dudes from the UK doing Jamaican vibes over Pop shit-but was just enough to catch your ear and go: "Huh?...." Not typical rhythms one would expect back then.

So that is the wormhole of my brains with this stuff. In hindsight-very cool in so many ways.

And, in the world we live today, those thoughts all lead me here, now, from NonPoint. And I still laugh like I first saw it:

Jamaica, meets pop in the 80's:

When music crosses barriers. (y)

Heh, AFAIK Blondie was the first crossover act to do rap and something else with "Rapture" in 1980. That was also the first rap video MTV ever played.

There was a black punk group as well (from Washington D.C. of all places); Bad Brains.

I'm adding this to my list of "fuck you songs".

It's applicable to so many situations.....and so melodic...

"hot girl bummer"

Fuck you and you, and you
I hate your friends and they hate me too

• Haha
Reactions: Not a Sniper
Waiting on the damn turkey.... LOL :LOL:

And, there can be only one source of patience music:

Dude just waits for it. Then produces. Listening to this guy is kinda like Clapton-just hop on and go for the ride. They have much to say, with little fussin'.

̤L̤y̤n̤y̤r̤d̤ ̤S̤k̤y̤n̤y̤r̤d̤ 5̤ ̤O̤r̤i̤g̤i̤n̤a̤l̤ ̤A̤l̤b̤ṳm̤s̤ Box Set Full Albums
https://invidious.snopyta.org/watch?v=RxcvyGMtOss
Gimme Back My Bullets
1-1 Gimme Back My Bullets 00:01
1-2 Every Mother' Son 03:29
1-3 Trust 08:28
1-4 I Got The Same Old Blues 12:54
1-5 Double Trouble 17:04
1-6 Roll Gypsy Roll 19:55
1-7 Searching 22:46
1-8 Cry For The Bad Man 26:05
1-9 All I Can Do Is Write About It 30:55
Bonus Tracks: Previously Unreleased On Album
1-10 Gimme Back My Bullets (Live) 35:14
1-11 Cry For The Bad Man (Live) 39:33

Nuthin' Fancy
2-1 Saturday Night Special 45:08
2-2 Cheatin' Woman 50:18
2-3 Railroad Song 54:58
2-4 I'm A Country Boy 59:13
2-5 On The Hunt 1:03:40
2-6 Am I Losin' 1:09:08
2-7 Made In The Shade 1:13:44
2-8 Whiskey Rock-A Roller 1:18:24
Bonus Tracks
2-9 Railroad Song (Live) 1:22:44
2-10 On The Hunt (LIve) 1:28:11

Vicious Cycle
3-1 That's How I Like It 1:34:21
3-2 Pick 'Em Up 1:38:54
3-3 Dead Man Walkin' 1:43:14
3-4 The Way 1:47:44
3-5 Red White & Blue 1:53:15
3-6 Sweet Mama 1:58:47
3-7 All Funked Up 2:02:47
3-8 Hell Or Heaven 2:06:20
3-9 Mad Hatter 2:11:33
3-10 Rockin' Little Town 2:17:11
3-11 Crawl 2:20:46
3-12 Jake 2:25:54
3-13 Life's Lessons 2:29:36
3-14 Lucky Man 2:35:35
Bonus Track
3-15 Gimme Back My Bullets 2:41:05
Featuring – Kid Rock

"Street Survivors"
4-1 What's Your Name 2:44:47
4-2 That Smell 2:48:20
4-3 One More Time 2:54:08
4-4 I Know A Little 2:59:12
4-5 You Got That Right 3:02:40
4-6 I Never Dreamed 3:06:27
4-7 Honky Tonk Night Time Man 3:11:49
4-8 Ain't No Good Life 3:15:54

Second Helping
5-1 Sweet Home Alabama 3:20:37
5-2 I Need You 3:25:21
5-3 Don't Ask Me No Questions 3:32:17
5-4 Workin' For MCA 3:35:44
5-5 The Ballad Of Curtis Loew 3:40:33
5-6 Swamp Music 3:45:25
5-7 The Needle And The Spoon 3:48:56
5-8 Call Me The Breeze 3:52:49

Last edited:
The Ballad of Curtis Loew from Second Helping is one of my favorite songs ever
Man, that is some tough calls there boys. Like, pick out a few favorite SRV or Zep songs-not much to complain about through their entire stuff. For me, only a handful of bands are like that-just ALL their stuff speaks to you.

I'll play here; Skynyrd has been on the tube a bit lately and watching that stuff is just sad as sad can be-so many tough stories in there-even after the plane went down.

Call me the breeze; Tuesday's gone, That smell. The stories they tell....

Knees in the breeze always hear this in my head. Every. Damn. Time. To this day:

Reactions: The D and Jim Out
The Ballad of Curtis Loew from Second Helping is one of my favorite songs ever
Mine too

Can't get deeper south than f l a (and fuck Neil while we're at it)

Jimi, Janis and Ronnie.....not to mention Stevie Ray

too many too soon

Opera Snapshot_2021-11-26_184353_i.pinimg.com.png

Man, that is some tough calls there boys. Like, pick out a few favorite SRV or Zep songs-not much to complain about through their entire stuff. For me, only a handful of bands are like that-just ALL their stuff speaks to you.

I'll play here; Skynyrd has been on the tube a bit lately and watching that stuff is just sad as sad can be-so many tough stories in there-even after the plane went down.

Call me the breeze; Tuesday's gone, That smell. The stories they tell....

Knees in the breeze always hear this in my head. Every. Damn. Time. To this day:

Oh yeah, I love all of Skynard but that song has just the right combination that tickles my ear buds just right
Mine too

Can't get deeper south than f l a (and fuck Neil while we're at it)

Jimi, Janis and Ronnie.....not to mention Stevie Ray

too many too soon

View attachment 7748384
Dennis Leary has a great bit about the great musicians dying early but Motley Crue still makes albums

Just listening to this to chill the fuck out this week. Had a weird conversation with my woman about this guy this weekend. LOL.

It kinda just occurred to me he is the redneck version of John Mayer. In my weird view of music. (Her brother lives/dies by acoustic guitar these days)

Anyhoo, I rated it John Mayer wins on guitar playing and composition, but Chris wins on singing and reach in his range.

What is the point?! No idea-just sayin'. :LOL:

Here is Chris on a reel to play in the background-it makes me happy. Like music should.

We can split hairs about playin' for your woman, playin' for a small group or playin' for the masses....

But music is, and should be , central always. And often IMO.

Counting the days till I leave this awful place for a place of peace. Reckon I need some peace these days. Counting them down boys.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Some of you guys watching these videos need to keep in mind that the girls dancing are old enough to be your mothers or grandmothers; just to keep things in perspective.