• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sonic cleaner pro-tip

2aBaC̶a̶

Humans are amusing
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2019
I Da ho
For those that dont know. Fill the tub with plain water. Place your part to be cleaned in a plastic bag with the desired solution.

Now you don't need a whole tank full of solution and contains the mess in a bag.

Edit to add: Keep in mind not all plastic bags can handle any chemical so test it first.

Resized_20220301_221257.jpeg

Last edited:
For those that dont know. Fill the tub with plain water. Place your part to be cleaned in a plastic bag with the desired solution.

Now you don't need a whole tank full of solution and contains the mess in a bag.

View attachment 7819036
This (y)(y)(y) Saves on cleaning solution ;)

And, I have been told that using distilled water in the tank prevents mineral buildup on the transducer and extends the life of the machine.

This (y)(y)(y) Saves on cleaning solution ;)

And, I have been told that using distilled water in the tank prevents mineral buildup on the transducer and extends the life of the machine.
Plus it allows me to use small amounts of chemicals one would not normally use in a more controlled manner. Like acids and flammable liquids.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Thats a great tip indeed. You can also use a glass jar with or w/o a lid on it on the same principle. US waves go right through it.

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
Damn genius! But what about heated cleaners? When I take my parts out I can barely hold them they are so hot....

CM

Damn genius! But what about heated cleaners? When I take my parts out I can barely hold them they are so hot....

CM
I dunno, mine is a cheap harbor freight and doesn't get crazy hot. I'm sure there is some food type bags that can stay in high temperature.

I tried this but the plastic bags kept plugging up the drain.

I use 500ml pyrex beakers to clean my rifle brass in my ultrasonic cleaner. I can stand 40 pieces of 6.5 or .308 brass primer pockets up in the beaker and they hold each other up for the whole cleaning time. Saves a lot of solution for sure. I fill my tank up with water and just use my brass concentrate in the beakers.

Reactions: BuildingConceptsllc

CM
Turns out mine goes up to 120°F. It's too hot to put your hand in. Not enough to melt a plastic bag.

CM
FoodSaver bags or anything made to use in a Sous vide bath would take the heat. As stated above mason jars for small parts is another.

Reactions: Nik H and Aftermath
I drop whole AR10 bolt carriers In mine so a mason jar wouldn't be ideal. Great idea for small parts for sure tho!

CM