• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Soon - Elite Tactical 3

Well i am waiting for the XRS 3, you even got me to sign up for the first responders program... and i had my heart set on a Burris XTR 3 5-30, but me being the bargain shopper that i am. I will be watching here and checking the website.

^Doing the same - I was going to get a 2nd XTR3, but want to try this. Will compare them as well as give some color compared to a ZCO 527.

Reactions: want2ride
It's looking like it'll be a few months for XRS3. We'll try to get get some pre-orders going before then though. Either way it's looking like they'll be on doorsteps well before the end of the year. We'll try to keep you all updated on timelines for both DMR3 and XRS3. With the supply chains what they are it's hard to predict things with absolutes. If we open up pre-orders and/or get some inventory on XRS3 we may make a new thread for it to get the word out faster.

We should be getting just a few more DMR3 here the first week of August. GA Precision should also be receiving a small number of them around that same time.

I received my DMR3 today and my initial viewing is very nice! Extremely clear and I like the turret size. Will mount it up to my 6GT later today.

Thanks to @Team RCBS & Bushnell for the heads up! Many thanks to Bushnell for offering the military and LEO discount! It was a very nice discount and I’m very appreciative of Bushnell’s support for military and LEO! Very easy to sign up on their website too.
Jim

For the most part, if your order's before 10AM CST we ship it that day. Exceptions happen, but that's the norm.
I got time so I'm waiting for that XRS3 but this is good to know. I guess I will have to be stalking your posts for the announcement of when the XRS3 is available. I have a feeling they are going to sell MUCH faster than the DRM3.

Here’s my DMR3 mated up to my Defiance 6GT in a KRG Whiskey3 stock. Scope is in Vortex PMR rings (Seekins) 34mm 1.26”. Hopefully get to shoot this weekend. Scope is incredibly clear to me and I’m impressed so far.
Jim

Attachments

• 5C61F793-0F7A-4D24-B71E-862A3A157E88.jpeg
    5C61F793-0F7A-4D24-B71E-862A3A157E88.jpeg
    549.7 KB · Views: 291
Man these DMR3s are checking all the boxes for me except the reticle, I would place an order for 3 scopes today if they still had the G2 or G3 reticle. I dont like the floating dot for true precision shooting. But with all the other features of this scope I may have to make an exception.

JimmyH,

it looks like your rings are mounted fairly high. Is that because of personal preference or something else? I’m mounting this on a Tikka CTR but eventually I want to mount this in a KRG X-Ray. I was going to use the penny method to figure out my ring height after the scope got here tomorrow. I thought the ring height would be closer to 1” or under.

@Dobermann thanks for sharing the video, I don’t ever remember seeing it. Great explanation @lowlight. Im sure this video has and should help many shooters.

@ORbuick67 I’ve found for me it helps to not aggravate my neck issues if I run higher rings. Also, I haven’t seen any negative accuracy results out to distance. 👍

Reactions: lash
Thanks Guys! That was really helpful. I’m working my way through Cleckners intro book and haven’t got to the scope mounting part yet. It will be interesting to see the various points of view.

Man these DMR3s are checking all the boxes for me except the reticle, I would place an order for 3 scopes today if they still had the G2 or G3 reticle. I dont like the floating dot for true precision shooting. But with all the other features of this scope I may have to make an exception.

Take a look at the Bushnell in person if you get a chance. I think you'll change your mind on the center dot when you do - I certainly did.

Reactions: lash
Take a look at the Bushnell in person if you get a chance. I think you'll change your mind on the center dot when you do - I certainly did.
I will more than likely order one, but I have shot many different floating dot style reticles. I just prefer a regular cross in the center.

Reactions: supercorndogs
Mine arrived in the mail today. I used a deck of cards to figure out the ring height. I ended up ordering 1.1” height to give a comfortable head position sitting at the table. It was way more than needed to clear the barrel but I also wanted some extra space if I ever move to a heavier contour.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
I was skeptical of floating dots until I started using our Deploy MIL with it. My favorite reticle has been the G3 for a long time. Once I got behind a G4P I was sold.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
Anybody got through-scope pics of the G4 to post up yet?

Anybody got through-scope pics of the G4 to post up yet?
I just received my DMR3 today. The rings are coming tomorrow so I haven’t had a chance to mount it, but I did check it out over a sandbag on the back porch. Pretty impressed. First scope with a floating dot for me. Reticle seems pretty thin even at max power. Seems thinner even than the G3 reticle LRTS I have (non ilum.).
Locking windage cap is way smoother and easier to engage than on the LRTS as well (LRTS locking windage turret I have is tight to pull out to adjust).
Turret markings are great, very visible. Also like the smoother turret caps on the DMR3 over the sharper LRTS. Good clicks, slight play going up in elev. where the center mark doesn’t always line up perfect with the marks.
Glass seems really nice too. I’ll get a better sense of it when I have it more solidly mounted. Might have detected a small amount of chromatic aberration, but it’s smoky and light is doing funny things in the evenings. Could just be a weird glow with the smoke from wildfires. Not a great summer for clear air in eastern Oregon.
Overall, I like it a lot and looking forward to shooting it a bunch. Caveat being all my scopes are $1,000-$1,500, so not like I’m a high end optics expert by any means. But I do own a Swarovski spotting scope and stayed at a Holliday Inn Express once.

Last edited:
I will more than likely order one, but I have shot many different floating dot style reticles. I just prefer a regular cross in the center.
I feel the same, I fell like the dot just gives more points for my to try to focus on. I don't see the advantage of the dot over the G3. You're shooting pretty tiny if you are covering your target with the center of the G3.

I feel the same, I fell like the dot just gives more points for my to try to focus on. I don't see the advantage of the dot over the G3. You're shooting pretty tiny if you are covering your target with the center of the G3.
While I’m still just beginning to play with the G4, I’d agree initial impression is that the G3 non-ilum was a good balance of thickness. The floating dot on the G4 is small at 21x, but I think I’ll grow into it. Time will tell.

^Had to be expected if the 36X scope is running the same reticle. I like them thin, though - love the XTR3 SCR2. The ZCO "3" reticle took some getting used to (much thicker lines but nice small floating dot), but I see the benefits now. Lower power it becomes very useful as the center fades away.

^Had to be expected if the 36X scope is running the same reticle. I like them thin, though - love the XTR3 SCR2. The ZCO "3" reticle took some getting used to (much thicker lines but nice small floating dot), but I see the benefits now. Lower power it becomes very useful as the center fades away.
The thing I like about the XTR3 is the reticle is different in the 3.3-18 vs the 5-30. Leupold didn't do that with the MK5 and the 7-35 looked super fat.

My problem with a dot is that I will occasionally lose it in some targets due to color of the target. With a full cross from the vertical and horizontal stadia lines I have an easier time finding exact center if that occurs.

I just don’t see what the benefits of a floating dot are vs a standard continuous cross of some sort.

Reactions: supercorndogs
While I like the dot a lot I'm just not a fan of the GAP reticle in general. @Team RCBS & Bushnell Will there be other reticle options coming later on? As much as people love to hate on the H59 it's still my favorite reticle you guys have offered which is why I picked up one of the HDMR CRs.

While I like the dot a lot I'm just not a fan of the GAP reticle in general. @Team RCBS & Bushnell Will there be other reticle options coming later on? As much as people love to hate on the H59 it's still my favorite reticle you guys have offered which is why I picked up one of the HDMR CRs.
Can't say yet. I know the answer, I just can't say anything now.

So bushnell is on top of it. I currently have the scope in my hands despite ordering only yesterday morning. So for a quick initial review. I am by no means an expert but this may help others if they are curious about anything.
For this to give me a frame of reference I compared it side by side with a strike eagle 5x25 and a kahles k624i.
Initial impressions: this thing is compact. By far the most impressive bushnell I've looked through.
Fit and finish : scope arrived and as to be expected of a new scope the finish is perfect. This thing despite its shorter footprint is heavier than it looks 32-34oz if I recall correctly. It "feels" quality of that makes any sense. For example the strike eagle while a fantastic bang for the buck feels cheap when I'm holding it. This dmr3 feels like I could use it as a hammer and then put it back on the gun and it would be ok. The magnification ring and the parallax both have a nice amount of resistance to make for a nice smooth turn throughout the adjustment range.
Turrets: the knurling on the turrets is nice and grippy without being too aggressive. The hash marks line up throughout the whole range. The clicks are nice and tactile/audible, think louder than the kahles but softer than something like a razor genii. There is a tiny amount of play between the clicks if you try to but no where near anything id consider sloppy or mushy. There is a nice amount of resistance to it so I would never feel concerned about accidentally spinning the elevation turret. The locking cap on the windage pulls in and out smoothly. The parallax seems fairly forgiving with it being a bit more touchy on the low end (150 and under)
Tracking: I was able to run it through a 10mil tall tracking test and a box test and it tracked all through and returned to zero, not much more to be said about it.
Eyebox: I was concerned that with the shorter form factor it might have been tight/finicky. I'm pleased to say I didn't find it so. I was able to get it set up on the rifle and have zero issues using it at all magnification ranges off of my practice barricades /props. I will say there is a little bit of tunneling from 3.5~4.5 but nothing unusable.
Reticle: this was one of the things I was most concerned about. Reticle are so personal and for me I prefer 0.2 hashes for the first 2 mils. I will say for first impressions the 0.25 hashes appear to be fine and Im sure it won't hold me back in any way. I am usually a standard reticle guy like the skmr. I don't usually like trees because I feel like I'm looking through a net and it just distracts me. So for that I appreciate just the 0.5mil Dots for the first couple mils in the tree giving it an open feel but still a few reference points for holdover stages. The reticle is fine but usable. I will have more thoughts on this after this weekend using it at a match.
Now for the most subjective part
Glass: first and foremost no this isn't an alpha glass scope like a tangent zco S&b ect but for the price it shouldn't be. I will say to my eye this fits in right with the rest of its competitors. From the mk5s id say it's very very close it actually compares very favorably with my k624i as far as sharpness and clarity. The kahles image is a bit more cool in appearance where the dmr3 is more warm. The image is nice and crisp out to the edges. As I looked into the Mirage (95° with 68%humidity) it did a nice job handling it, on par with the k624i, the strike eagle not so much. So I'll leave it to the experts on the hide to talk about the IQ and all the technical things I don't have a way to measure of quantify. To sum it up the glass is exactly what id hope for and expect out of an optic at this price point, clear, sharp, image resolves well, no CA that I discerned.

I tried to get some pics through the scope but they never seen to turn out. The reticle will be nice and sharp but the background will seem out of focus yet when I look through it with my naked eye both are sharp and crisp. So I'll attatch a couple and just know the image is far sharper /brighter and clearer than it seems. This mostly just will give you an idea of the reticle thickness. The second two are the kahles k624i just as a reference of how bad I am at getting a good picture through scopes.
6A8C0C53-128E-4114-B0C3-2D65A0FAAC7C.jpeg
7F7B40D2-742B-4E44-8A92-F8D8A8471AD0.jpeg
4364259B-8290-4236-8178-A7F19DCD9605.jpeg
B3E7334F-68D9-47A8-BEC0-2B39B1F1C498.jpeg

One thing to note for my fellow lefties. The throw knob is far from ideal location in either spot when on lowest magnification.
C25525EB-877F-4BAA-9148-7763036533EC.jpeg

Overall I'm pleased with the initial impressions and will know more after a bit more time behind it.
3A4D99C7-6A96-474A-9743-1BC651465BF6.jpeg

So I assume the optical system in the XRS3 is a upgrade from the XRS2?
I'm being that's a pretty safe assumption since they completely redesigned it vs just tweaking the current design according to them. Glass should be pretty much what I'm seeing in the dmr3 as far as I understand

Reactions: Eric32
Press release for the XRS3 landed in my inbox today. Should have one in for review in a month or two. Here is the press release with links to the product page:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Bushnell® Unveils New Elite Tactical DMR3 and XRS3 Riflescopes

New Riflescopes Deliver Class-Leading Performance with a Propriety Reticle

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. – August 3, 2020 – Bushnell®, an industry leader in performance optics, has announced the introduction of two new Elite Tactical riflescopes – the DMR3 3.5-21x50 FFP and the XRS3 6-36x56 FFP. Tailored to meet the demands of law enforcement and military professionals as well as long-range and precision rimfire competitions, the new Elite Tactical DMR3 delivers precision to 1,000 yards and beyond in a lightweight, compact package. For those seeking extreme long-range capabilities, including military shooters and ELR competitors, the XRS3 offers the highest magnification in the Elite Tactical family along with superior tracking and reliability.

Featuring the most advanced Elite Tactical optical system ever, both the DMR3 and XRS3 come with a high magnification ED Prime objective, as well as fully multi-coated elements, EXO Barrier™ protection and a new reticle element coating. The new coating pushes the limits of the ultrawideband coating system by increasing light transmission by nearly 2% over previous designs. The culmination of these improvements deliver state-of-the-art optical performance in an already proven, durable and repeatable package.

In addition, these scopes feature a new “G” series reticle designed in conjunction with G.A. Precision. Based on the G3 reticle, the new G4P design features a floating dot center POA, floating holdover dots, refined line widths, quick acquisition bars for low magnification settings, and a more open reticle space above the horizontal stadia.

“The new Elite Tactical DMR3 is utterly reliable, tracks perfectly has a huge eye box and the field of view is everything you need,” said George Gardner, Founder of G.A. Precision and Team Captain for Elite Tactical. “With the etched glass and updated G4P reticle, it’s about as perfect as it can get. I have never had one fail me in a match.”

Each scope boasts a multi-position ThrowHammer™ magnification lever, allowing a shooter to accommodate their particular rifle without concern of manipulation interference. Additional features include Rev-limiter™ Zero Stop elevation turret, locking windage target turret, and a removable sunshade. The DMR3 riflescope shortens the minimum parallax setting over the DMRII Pro from 50 to 25 yards while the all-new XRS3 has a minimum parallax setting of 50 yards and a D-Lok locking diopter.

“The XRS3 has a lot more with 36 power and a 56mm objective, but it still delivers a sharp crisp image at every magnification from the bottom to the top,” said Bryan Sikes, Elite Tactical pro. “What you are really getting is every benefit of the DRM3 in a more magnified package.”

The XRS3 features 29 MIL elevation travel and 15 MIL windage travel, as well as an (18ft @ 100yd) field of view on 6X power and a (3ft @ 100yd) field of view on 36X power. The scope is 14.9 inches long and weighs in at 39 ounces.

The DMR3 features 32 MIL elevation travel and 20 MIL windage travel, as well as a (25ft @ 100yd) field of view on 3.5X power and a (5ft @ 100yd) field of view on 21X power. The scope is 13.2 inches long and weighs in at 35.5 ounces.

Built to last, both scopes are IP67 rated against water and dust, argon purged to reduce fogging, and built from a single-piece of aircraft-grade 34mm aluminum main-tube. Each are backed by Bushnell’s 30-year Lifetime Ironclad warranty. To learn more about these riflescopes or the rest of the Elite Tactical line, visit bushnell.com.

About Bushnell

Bushnell, a Vista Outdoor brand, has been the industry leader in high-performance sports optics for more than 70 years. Our guiding principle is to provide the highest quality, most reliable and affordable sports optics products on the market. And, our commitment to outstanding customer service and strong retailer partnerships is unmatched. Bushnell boasts leading market share in all of the sports optics categories, and our products have consistently won design and performance awards. Our product lines enhance the enjoyment of every outdoor pursuit from spectator sports, nature study, hunting, fishing and birding to stargazing. For news and information, visit www.bushnell.com or follow us on Instagram at www.instagram.com/bushnell_official/ and Facebook at www.facebook.com/bushnell.

Someone started drinking early. Please sober up or take some Midol. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Its kind of a douche move to air your dirty laundry in this thread.

I have personally had good experiences with both Burris and Bushnell C.S.

Reactions: powdahound76
Time to wash the sand out.
It aint gonna make a pearl.

good heavens.

Personally, stoked to try one of these out.
All companies have kinks to work out

Someone started drinking early. Please sober up or take some Midol. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Its kind of a douche move to air your dirty laundry in this thread.

I have personally had good experiences with both Burris and Bushnell C.S.

Time to wash the sand out.
It aint gonna make a pearl.

good heavens.

Personally, stoked to try one of these out.
All companies have kinks to work out

Did a post get nuked or something?

Reactions: screaminweasil
So as promised above here's a little update after having run the dmr3 this weekend over 3 days of match shooting.
The bad: let's just get this out of the way first. I wish this thing had illumination. At the range I was at they have an area that tends to be pretty heavily shadowed and combined with shot up small targets the reticle being as fine as it is blended more than I like in that situation making it tough to get a nice precise aim point on the 1moa and smaller targets. Also as discussed above the eye box is a bit less forgiving, to be elected with a short form factor scope. For strong side I never had any issues but on the support side stage it was a not if a struggle compared to being able to get right on behind my k624i or even the strike eagle.
The Good: I am very happy with scope despite the couple things listed above. It tracked true all weekend as expected. I want sure on how I felt about the reticle going into the weekend, mainly the 0.25 hashes. I can say I'm actually very happy with it. This match had small targets on long straps with lots of positional movement that necessitated hold overs/hold unders. I find the minimalist approach for the first 3 mills of the tree allowed me plenty fine of an aimpoint while still leaving it open feeling to spot anything through it, ie I don't feel like I'm looking through a screen door trying to spot an impact or splash. The glass never left me wanting and at a range that often seems to make CA pretty noticable i never noticed any.
Overall on a rather sporty match I was able to pull out an 8th Place finish which I'm happy with and the scope performed exactly how I had hoped.

What is the news on the new xrs3? Does anyone have them in hand playing with one