• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Soon - Elite Tactical 3

I appreciate the feedback. I understand this is a Bushy celebration conversation and most of the people here are excited about the new products. I like the XRS3 specs and still may purchase one when they come out. Wasn't and still am not trying to discourage anyone from buying or piss off the VSTO team, was just curious about what y'all saw that led you in that direction and what your potential customers were thinking about it. Not many glaring changes besides reticle offerings made to the new line outside of upgrades to materials and coatings (no locking turrets on this vs old gen 2 for example). Appreciate the feedback

CQD
Totally appreciate that. I'm trying to give you all the best info I can to help you out the most we can. I try to be as transparent as I can be. All feedback we get here is greatly appreciated!

That said - Illumination isn't off the table for these. We're looking at it. A lot has to go into it to make something return, and we'd have to have a good case for doing it, and we are looking at it. I just wouldn't expect anything for quite a while if we do. There's other things coming for ET that we know folks want.
Just release a Gen3 4.5x18 LRTH with illumination, keep at at about 25-28oz and all will be right with us in the tac/hunting dual use crowd. ;)

Reactions: duramaxed and NHR
Illumination is something we're finding in our research with MIL/LE that they're wanting less and less. I'll leave that at that.

Team R&B, I am surprised that you're saying you do not see much demand from the Military and LE buyers for illumination, the talks I've had with LE pretty much necessitate illumination, and if I was deployed today I would sure the heck want it (but shoot, when I was in the military in the 80's they didn't give us any optics, everything was iron).
As far as for the general market, our sales history of XRS II vs the illuminated model tells us a lot less people than you'd think are willing to pay the price difference for it. Given the choice of what the cost difference is for scopes at this level, they seem to vote for the option without illumination.
Much of that depends on what the price difference is. If you're talking about a $500 difference like Leupold charges then yes, many shooters are going to opt for non-illuminated, I am sure this is what Burris is facing as well with the XTR III. But when Nightforce, Vortex and numerous other brands offer illumination as "standard" that is the competition you are facing. If someone is strictly a competition shooter on a budget then I can see your point, but if anyone is thinking of the scope for more of a crossover design for both competition/long range steel and hunting and/or tactical, then illumination is going to weigh much more heavily into their decision. I come from the crowd that says, "better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it" and given this day and age I think a lot more are gravitating toward this.

Here's a dumb question: can you see a non illuminated reticle with an nvd? I've never used one.
Depends on which type of NV. If you're talking about a clipon like a PVS-27 (that goes in front of your day scope) then in many situations yes, you can see a non-illuminated reticle because the NV has it's own brightness that you can still see the reticle image through the day scope. On really dark nights you may have difficulty and that's where IR illumination comes into play.

Reactions: Gil P.
Team R&B, I am surprised that you're saying you do not see much demand from the Military and LE buyers for illumination, the talks I've had with LE pretty much necessitate illumination, and if I was deployed today I would sure the heck want it (but shoot, when I was in the military in the 80's they didn't give us any optics, everything was iron).

Much of that depends on what the price difference is. If you're talking about a $500 difference like Leupold charges then yes, many shooters are going to opt for non-illuminated, I am sure this is what Burris is facing as well with the XTR III. But when Nightforce, Vortex and numerous other brands offer illumination as "standard" that is the competition you are facing. If someone is strictly a competition shooter on a budget then I can see your point, but if anyone is thinking of the scope for more of a crossover design for both competition/long range steel and hunting and/or tactical, then illumination is going to weigh much more heavily into their decision. I come from the crowd that says, "better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it" and given this day and age I think a lot more are gravitating toward this.
I'm not the one going to Mil/LE and doing the research, but that's what I've been told. I have my own thoughts on it but they're my own, I wouldn't want to say it like it's a company stance. When I was in the only optic I ever used was the CCO and it was a one-time thing for pre-MOB. I was a 15T so the only NVG stuff with firearms I regularly did involved the 240H & a PEQ-2 . . .

We could bump up the prices and add illumination and do away with the non-illuminated models, then it would appear 'standard', but from the XRS II sales, most were going the cheaper route and it doesn't seem like a good way to go. At the end of the XRS II's life illumination was only $100 more. I can't recall the launch numbers, but I'm sure the upcharge on adding it on the new models wouldn't only be $100. If we can catch up on demand here and the demand seems high enough for the illuminated I'll certainly do what I can to try and push illumination as an option. I'll try to stay as involved as I can with ya'll and try to keep gauging the interest.

I'm not the one going to Mil/LE and doing the research, but that's what I've been told. I have my own thoughts on it but they're my own, I wouldn't want to say it like it's a company stance. When I was in the only optic I ever used was the CCO and it was a one-time thing for pre-MOB. I was a 15T so the only NVG stuff with firearms I regularly did involved the 240H & a PEQ-2 . . .

We could bump up the prices and add illumination and do away with the non-illuminated models, then it would appear 'standard', but from the XRS II sales, most were going the cheaper route and it doesn't seem like a good way to go. At the end of the XRS II's life illumination was only $100 more. I can't recall the launch numbers, but I'm sure the upcharge on adding it on the new models wouldn't only be $100. If we can catch up on demand here and the demand seems high enough for the illuminated I'll certainly do what I can to try and push illumination as an option. I'll try to stay as involved as I can with ya'll and try to keep gauging the interest.
Understood. I'm sure you will sell plenty especially given the price point and if illumination drives up the price quite a bit I understand the need to keep it as a non-illuminated model only.

Reactions: Blackrifle1
so I assume this is not the lightweight, FFP crossover scope you and @koshkin have been foreshadowing?

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't ;)

B6ACE8A5-42D2-4E51-8DA0-9F3CBF49F442.jpeg

If Bushnell was to illuminate the G4, what part of the reticle would you want illuminated?

That's the other aspect of illumination - figuring out what to illuminate, and hoping that you're covering as much of the user base as possible with that decision. Some people want everything, some just the X mils from center, some just want the main stadia, some only the dot....

That's the other aspect of illumination - figuring out what to illuminate, and hoping that you're covering as much of the user base as possible with that decision. Some people want everything, some just the X mils from center, some just want the main stadia, some only the dot....
Easy, just the first 2 Mils from center.

Anyone who disagrees is wrong.

Yay 25 yd parallax on the DMR. We have a rimfire winner.

Yay floating dot.

Meh on .25 Mil, but whatever.

Boo on no FDE. I know it shouldn't matter, but everyone else is f'n black, and the FDE-ish on the old Tac Elite line made them a little bit different, and nice to play mix and match with stocks and accessories. C'mon, it's our version handbags and shoes, right?

Now to hope they have the same reliability as the old Tac Elites, before some of the old tech crew left ...

Last edited:
Krylon or you are like a chick who buys a knock off handbag just to say she has a Coach or Lewis Vitton. May as well become a Gluten free vegan and never drink cheap beer too.... And get ya a Prius.

Now, I gotta polish my black Velcro shoes from Payless, so leave me alone

• Haha
Reactions: JC0352
Might have to sling my Mark 6 off and try the new DMR3! Looks promising.

FYI - We're working on getting a very limited batch of DMR3 on the site. We'll go ahead and reply to this thread when we are going to do it - It will be this week, we're just working out the final details. This will be for DMR3 only.

No word yet on if we'll be able to do something for XRS3 yet or not - If there's news on that I'll share it at that time.

1626705132414.png
_A7R8656.jpg

Last edited:
I can't decide if I want more zoom or more elevation and in my turrets. :confused: I probably wont ever shoot past 13 or 1400 yards

FYI - We're working on getting a very limited batch of DMR3 on the site. We'll go ahead and reply to this thread when we are going to do it - It will be this week, we're just working out the final details. This will be for DMR3 only.

No word yet on if we'll be able to do something for XRS3 yet or not - If there's news on that I'll share it at that time.

View attachment 7670717View attachment 7670726
The original DMR was my very first high end long range mil/mil scope (back in 2012 I believe), I had bought more expensive scopes to compare as well as some less expensive, but the DMR came in with the best price/performance that I was looking for at the time. Because of this I have always had a fondness for the design and even though the design doesn't really work for me anymore, I have enjoyed seeing the evolution of the model since its inception which really shook things up at the time.

The original DMR was my very first high end long range mil/mil scope (back in 2012 I believe), I had bought more expensive scopes to compare as well as some less expensive, but the DMR came in with the best price/performance that I was looking for at the time. Because of this I have always had a fondness for the design and even though the design doesn't really work for me anymore, I have enjoyed seeing the evolution of the model since its inception which really shook things up at the time.
I completely understand that. Mine was the original XRS with a G2 reticle which makes me lean towards the XRS3 but I also think a 6-36 might just be too much scope for a 6GT rifle.

I completely understand that. Mine was the original XRS with a G2 reticle which makes me lean towards the XRS3 but I also think a 6-36 might just be too much scope for a 6GT rifle.

It definitely wasn't too much on mine. I'm still a bit pissed I had to give it back, but hopefully I will have a production model back on my GT soon(ish).

I’m very interested in the new Bushnell scopes. I was close to buying an ATACR until I read about the upcoming Bushnell offerings.

Please add me to any list for first releases! 👍
Jim

I’m very interested in the new Bushnell scopes. I was close to buying an ATACR until I read about the upcoming Bushnell offerings.

Please add me to any list for first releases! 👍
Jim

You should probably go to the Bushnell website and sign up for notifications, then.

How often did you use the mag range 4.5-6x?
If the answer is never then 6-36 is fine.
If the answers seldom, then the 6-36 will still be fine.

Here it is. If you want a DMR3, get over to the site and get one while you can. Supply is very limited. We hope to get a few more in a week or so. The wait/timeline after that will likely be October on DMR3.

Will try to update on XRS3 when we can here.

I suggest clicking the link below as it'll clear your cache and show it in stock, provided it's not out of stock already.

https://www.bushnell.com/elite-tact...3-riflescope-g4-reticle/BU-ETDMR3G4.html?=a+b

Last edited:
Here it is. If you want a DMR3, get over to the site and get one while you can. Supply is very limited. We hope to get a few more in a week or so. The wait/timeline after that will likely be October on DMR3.

Will try to update on XRS3 when we can here.

I suggest clicking the link below as it'll clear your cache and show it in stock, provided it's not out of stock already.

https://www.bushnell.com/elite-tact...3-riflescope-g4-reticle/BU-ETDMR3G4.html?=a+b
Got mine, thanks for the update!

This small allotment is almost sold out. If you're thinking you want/need a DMR3 in the next few months now's probably the time to grab one. We're trying to get another handful in a week but I can't guarantee it.

This small allotment is almost sold out. If you're thinking you want/need a DMR3 in the next few months now's probably the time to grab one. We're trying to get another handful in a week but I can't guarantee it.

I picked one up last night......there's 2 left!!! (selling my DMR 2 Pro if anyone interested)

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm