• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Soon - Elite Tactical 3

Will the XRS3 fit in the Spuhr 4011 mount or would I have to bump up to the Spuhr 4001 mount?

I cant find the thread pitch for the Leupold Alumina caps but will it work on the objective/sunshade? Is the ocular lens threaded too?

Will the XRS3 fit in the Spuhr 4011 mount or would I have to bump up to the Spuhr 4001 mount?

I cant find the thread pitch for the Leupold Alumina caps but will it work on the objective/sunshade? Is the ocular lens threaded too?

I can double check, but I *THINK* the turret to tube clearance on the 3 is the same as it was on the XRS2, and I ran 4011s with my XRS2s no problem. I switched to Hawkins mounts a while back, so I didn't get a chance to check if it fit a 4011.

I can double check, but I *THINK* the turret to tube clearance on the 3 is the same as it was on the XRS2, and I ran 4011s with my XRS2s no problem. I switched to Hawkins mounts a while back, so I didn't get a chance to check if it fit a 4011.
Does the arc 1 peice work too?

As far as I know the only people with them are still running prototypes. I've been hearing whispers on availability, but nothing I can comment on for sure.
Just really looking forward to glass comparison to see how well these stack up. Even the dmr3 glass

Just really looking forward to glass comparison to see how well these stack up. Even the dmr3 glass
What do you want it compared to? On page 6 I have my impressions/comparisons of my dmr3 to a couple scopes (strike eagle 5x25, mk5 3.6x18 , kahles k624i).

Lack of illumination on these is a deal killer for me personally. Can't argue with Bushnell's marketing research if they feel it's not a feature that is worth including to the general market. That said I'm sure it's probably a clever marketing tactic to convince consumers they don't need a feature and hold the product price point the same to increase profits. Price is the #1 thing consumers notice, it's why food companies reduce the weight/amount of food, while keeping the package size and price the same.

I don't use it much, but it definitely helps in certain conditions. Bottom line is for me if I'm going to drop $1000+ on an optic, those without illumination won't even make the list. It's unfortunate because I really think Bushnell is making some great optics these days for the price point. The LHRSi's were spectacular at their price point.

I have to ask how much $ does it really cost to add illumination.....Leupold has always had ridiculous upcharge for illumination, but for example the Bushnell Match Pro is only a $50 upcharge. If I remember right the LHRSi were around $50-$100 more for illumination. The XRS-II was only $100 more street price for illumination. I guess I'm in the minority because for $100 on a $1700 optic, I'll always take the illuminated model.

Last edited:
I'm really hoping the xrs3 is able to use all the power. Seems like the xrs2 lost alot after 25 powder and after that wasn't usable for me. Hopefully the 3 is fixed

Reactions: Nathan11B
Any plans for a 6-24/5-25x56 version (hopefully at a lower price-point)..?

The DMR3 is kind of a bum out, seems like it was knee-capped on-purpose going with a 50mm objective instead of 56mm (guessing y'all did it to avoid cannibalizing XRS sales)... and don't need/want 36x with the XRS3 (and not sure who does, and I shoot past 1200yrds regularly).

Those 6mm on the objective really make THAT big of a difference?

Yes and no: performance-wise they're similar, I get it. But 50mmm is the "old" industry standard, while 56mm is the "new" one.

Unless it's purposely for hunting (and I don't know any hunters looking for 30oz+ scopes with x-mas tree reticles) there's no reason NOT to go with the larger objective.

Any plans for a 6-24/5-25x56 version (hopefully at a lower price-point)..?

The DMR3 is kind of a bum out, seems like it was knee-capped on-purpose going with a 50mm objective instead of 56mm (guessing y'all did it to avoid cannibalizing XRS sales)... and don't need/want 36x with the XRS3 (and not sure who does, and I shoot past 1200yrds regularly).
I dont think it’s about needing the 36x power on a 36x power optic. The higher the max mag, the better the optimum optical clarity is on the middle of mag range. For example , the nightforce atacr 5-25’s optimum clarity is at 7x I think. The 7-35 atacr optimum clarity is at about 12x. Most people shoot from 12x-16x so that’s where it’s gonna have the best clarity. And you’ll be able to shoot some awesome groups and use it for 22LR on tiny targets. But I may be totally wrong

I just broke another diopter on my Forge 4.5-27..... Do i even bother getting them to replace it with a DMR\XRS or just write off Bushnell all together. I've had nothing but poor products from them. 4 scopes so far. Useless..... No one here in Florida at our PRS scene shoots Bushnell. No one. I think I'm starting to see why.

I just broke another diopter on my Forge 4.5-27..... Do i even bother getting them to replace it with a DMR\XRS or just write off Bushnell all together. I've had nothing but poor products from them. 4 scopes so far. Useless..... No one here in Florida at our PRS scene shoots Bushnell. No one. I think I'm starting to see why.
Go TT and move between guns. You pay for the price and pain up front instead of dealing with disappointments over time.

Replacing with XRS or DMR is definitely worth it. The elite tactical line is top notch for quality and dependability.

Reactions: drewthebrave

I'm walking proof that your statement is false. I know several other people running them for PRS and NRL22 matches in FL.

I saw quite a few guys using various models of the Bushnell Tactical Elites at matches when I lived I Prescott AZ for 25 years.

Reactions: Basher
I don't think it's fair to get too down on the Bushnell guys, their stuff has been getting better and better... the "KC mafia" of GAP>Manners>Bushnell has been bringing cool stuff to market (mostly). Though, they probably don't all have to use the exact same web designer... bouncing around between the different companies' sites is like being stuck on the same big website... lots of pics featuring Manners', Bushy's, and beards hahaha.

IMHO one of the only things that has kept Bushnell from becoming a bigger force in the scope game is their strategy, to me it almost seems like they can't figure out what market they're after: do they want the budget-scope-crowd, or are they trying to carve out a niche in mid-range-land ala Vortex, moving towards high-end stuff? (Same kind of goes for Burris too...)

For instance, the XRS3 looks like it's aimed squarely at the NF ATACR, but dudes who are set on getting an ATACR are just going to save up for the real thing... and if they can't afford that, with the XRS3 priced at ~$1700 and right up against what a Razor HDG2 (or used k624i, etc) goes for, I'd bet most of those guys would still just go with the known quantity that's already established (even if it's a choice between new or used).

To me, it's almost like the guys at Bushnell have forgotten that most shooters think of when they hear "Bushnell": the formerly-ubiquitous, cheap, but reliable, TRS25 red dots. Like it or not, that's where they are: they're "Ford", not "Land Rover".

At least for the short term, a company like Bushnell would probably be better off coming to market at a lower price-point and selling 2-3x the number of units and making their money that way, versus trying to go toe-to-toe with more established players in the market at the same prices. For me, a DMR3/XRS3 at ~$1500-1700 is solidly in the "IDK/I'll just get another Razor" category, while at ~$1000-1300 I would pretty much have to try one.

With all that said, there's an elephant in the room and its name is Arken. Now that they're on the scene, IMO there's almost no reason why a guy should spend any more beyond what they cost until they can afford exactly what they want and jump straight to alpha tier glass. The Chinese appear to have mostly cracked the "good glass = $$$" riddle that's been in place until now and have started to flip it on it's head, IDK if there will even be such a thing as "mid-priced glass" anymore in a year or so. So it's debatable if they should even mess with putting out glass at lower price-points.

Honestly, if I worked for them, I'd propose spinning off and/or creating a new separate brand, kind of like a "Lexus" to their "Toyota"... and send all the GAP guys and their resulting R&D over there to that side of the house. Keep the "good stuff" like pricey scopes and such further away from the "cheap stuff" like the disc-golf shit. I mean, dropping anything near $2K on a scope from company that's also pushing disc-golf shit feels a little wonky, a little more "brand separation" probably wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:
I'll call bullshit, they are built like tanks

Being an owner of 3 ATACR's, I can say that the XRS2 was a great add. I purchased one when Midway was blowing them out at just over $1000. I recently had it out on my 300 win mag at 1 mile and it did great. Just purchased a 300 PRC and can't wait for the XRS3 at $1700 to hit the stores. Soon I hope.

Reactions: redx
To me, it's almost like the guys at Bushnell have forgotten that most shooters think of when they hear "Bushnell": the formerly-ubiquitous, cheap, but reliable, TRS25 red dots. Like it or not, that's where they are: they're "Ford", not "Land Rover".

Honestly, if I worked for them, I'd propose spinning off and/or creating a new separate brand, kind of like a "Lexus" to their "Toyota"... and send all the GAP guys and their resulting R&D over there to that side of the house. Keep the "good stuff" like pricey scopes and such further away from the "cheap stuff" like the disc-golf shit. I mean, dropping anything near $2K on a scope from company that's also pushing disc-golf shit feels a little wonky, a little more "brand separation" probably wouldn't hurt.

I agree with this. When I bought my first Elite Tactical XRS I struggled to do so because of the previous cheap "Bushnell" scopes I had growing up from walmart/etc. Since then, I've been very happy with the DMR, XRS, and LRHS that I have owned and when asked I've said to make sure to buy an Elite. Elite's are like the Hyundai to the Kias and you don't want a Kia (Forge, etc). Now, Bushnell just kinda hosed that up with these cheaper "Elite" Hunt scopes so now I need to be specific to DMR/XRS/LRHS2 when asked my opinion. Vortex has always seemed the same to me. Same brand for both cheap chinesium as well as solid Razers.

Looking forward to more on the XRS3. Kinda miss my XRS2 except for the eyebox was a little too tight for the rifle it was on. Will probably buy a DMR3 when we see under MAP deals later on.

Last edited:
I don't think it's fair to get too down on the Bushnell guys, their stuff has been getting better and better... the "KC mafia" of GAP>Manners>Bushnell has been bringing cool stuff to market (mostly). Though, they probably don't all have to use the exact same web designer... bouncing around between the different companies' sites is like being stuck on the same big website... lots of pics featuring Manners', Bushy's, and beards hahaha.

IMHO one of the only things that has kept Bushnell from becoming a bigger force in the scope game is their strategy, to me it almost seems like they can't figure out what market they're after: do they want the budget-scope-crowd, or are they trying to carve out a niche in mid-range-land ala Vortex, moving towards high-end stuff? (Same kind of goes for Burris too...)

For instance, the XRS3 looks like it's aimed squarely at the NF ATACR, but dudes who are set on getting an ATACR are just going to save up for the real thing... and if they can't afford that, with the XRS3 priced at ~$1700 and right up against what a Razor HDG2 (or used k624i, etc) goes for, I'd bet most of those guys would still just go with the known quantity that's already established (even if it's a choice between new or used).

At least for the short term, a company like Bushnell would probably be better off coming to market at a lower price-point and selling 2-3x the number of units and making their money that way, versus trying to go toe-to-toe with more established players in the market at the same prices. For me, a DMR3/XRS3 at ~$1500-1700 is solidly in the "IDK/I'll just get another Razor" category, while at ~$1000-1300 I would pretty much have to try one.

With all that said, there's an elephant in the room and its name is Arken. Now that they're on the scene, IMO there's almost no reason why a guy should spend any more beyond what they cost until they can afford exactly what they want and jump straight to alpha tier glass. The Chinese appear to have mostly cracked the "good glass = $$$" riddle that's been in place until now and have started to flip it on it's head, IDK if there will even be such a thing as "mid-priced glass" anymore in a year or so. So it's debatable if they should even mess with putting out glass at lower price-points.

So a Lexus type brand would work?
Maybe call the company Bausch & Lomb...
🙂

That's where I shoot.
Was there today.
Depending on how the gator hunt goes this Friday, I might be back there Saturday evening.

I'm tempted to build a magnum next for 1 mile plus steel.
I've been watching my shooting partner @8pointer do really well at the mile with his 6.5 CM, so naturally, I want more horsepower.
I'm steadily digesting the various calibers and + - of each one.....just movin slow on it. What pill you looking at now I dun forgit?

If there a reason for .308 over 7mm? If I was going to start over, I think I would like something like a 7mm/300PRC or 7mm/300WM, or maybe even just a plain ole 7mm mag.

yeah I see them here at the volusia and JTAC matches as well.
I just shot Volusia last week. That's where I noticed it was really broke again. It was likely broken at JTAC last month as well. Still squeaked off a 10th place finish with a scope that won't hold zero.

Reactions: redx
Good news and bad news. They will let me upgrade to a XRS3 on my dime.... Bad news is there best guess is late October before they have any on hand..... And if dealing with Bushnell has taught me anything, late October might as well be next year.

I hope my Match Pro can take the beating until then.

Good news and bad news. They will let me upgrade to a XRS3 on my dime.... Bad news is there best guess is late October before they have any on hand..... And if dealing with Bushnell has taught me anything, late October might as well be next year.

I hope my Match Pro can take the beating until then.
I've beat the crap out of mine and it is still ticking. Bummer on the XRS3, I had my fingers crossed that I'd have one in time for our club finale.

Time for an update Bushy peeps! Sept is here so don't tease - please advise XRS3 timing so I can decide if I need to buy something else.

Reactions: Schw15
So a Lexus type brand would work?
Maybe call the company Bausch & Lomb...
🙂
So true. I have a pair of Bausch & Lomb 8X42 Elite binoculars I bought in the middle 1980's. Great glass then and still great today. Have never considered replacing as they continue to be fantastic binoculars. The clarity, brightness and sharpness of image is amazing.

Time moves faster when you're old. I wrote that 3 weeks ago. Gotta plan ahead. :)