• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing South African Hunt #1 -- Pic Heavy

LegioX

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2009
Alaska
Hey Guys.
Just returned from a 10 day hunt and I thought I'd share a few photos with you. We flew into Kimberley and then drove 1-1/2 hrs to the camp. Just a plains game hunt we bid on in a SCI auction last year.
Tha rifle used to take all the game is my Rem 700 KS Safari in 375 H&H, shooting 235 gr Barnes TSX. Scope is Leupold 1.75x-6x with target turrets.

Sunset at Mocharagan.

Africa2010242.jpg

Early morning

Africa2010181.jpg

Entrance hole on Springbok. Funny thing is there was no exit hole and no bullet inside. It was a rear quartering shot from 243 yds. Hell if I know.

Africa2010073.jpg

Africa2010080.jpg

Eland from 260 yds.

Africa2010101.jpg

Small warthog from 20 yds, quartering shot, entrance hole

Africa2010130.jpg

Exit hole

Africa2010131.jpg

Burchell's Zebra from 240 yds. Exit hole

Africa2010255.jpg

Africa2010256.jpg

Africa2010268.jpg

Re: South African Hunt #1 -- Pic Heavy

Congrats!! And some great pics.....well placed shots on everything too!! Pretty hard to beat a .375H&H!

looks like you had a good hunt, nice pics!

Thanks for sharing.

I had a Custom KS Mountain Rifle in the H&H, and sold it for some reason.....

Very nice pics. Thanks for posting them.
June 2011 for me.

What type of mount is getting done for the Zebra(if one at all)? I don't know why, but a Zebra head would scare the shit out of me at night if I wasn't ready for it.

Never hunted Africa with a gun... we took a bunch of pictures on multiple trips when I was living in Saudi with the family
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopefully it'll look like this.
http://www.northeasttaxidermy.com/photos...icangallery.php </div></div>

Very nice. I'll tell you, that looks like one hell of a trip. Hopefully I'm fortunate enough to take a trip one day. It's such a shame 90% of that continent is a fucking shit hole. You'd think the "governments" would be smart enough to realize there is a tremendous potential for money with land and wildlife conservation, and bring in paying hunters. Use the money to fight poachers, etc., etc.

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a blast.

looks like a great trip. i'm hoping to get there when the kids get a little older. i understand once the get the the ranches or camps things are pretty safe but hows getting there once you reach africa?

Those are some beautifle animals you harvested. The Eland is impressive.

I suppose I will just have to live my African Safari vicariously through you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smboudreaux</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks like a great trip. i'm hoping to get there when the kids get a little older. i understand once the get the the ranches or camps things are pretty safe but hows getting there once you reach africa? </div></div>

We flew in to Johannesburg, then on to Kimberley. Our outfitter picked us up at the airport and drove us 1.5 hrs to the camp. We never felt uncomfortable the whole time. Every time we arrived/departed airports in SA, out came the guns to have the serial numbers checked. A pain in the ass but really no problems.

Nice photos of a hunt that I can only dream of at this stage in life. Those Barnes bullets may not be tacticool but they are crittergitters for sure.