• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

South Carolina Now Set to Conduct Firing Squad Executions of Death Row Inmates

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

"The Capital Punishment Facility at Broad River Correctional Institution has been renovated to include the capacity to perform an execution by firing squad. Protocols have been written, and the department is ready to carry out an order of execution by firing squad if the inmate chooses this method."

22LR, start at the feet and work up until they expire .

I would agree with the above of it is the same way you killed someone. As a man who has sent 90 amps through my chest once I can tell you that I would not want to do that to anyone. I'll let God take care of the punishment. I would volunteer as a shooter if the state provided the ammo though.

I think we should allow the punishment to fit the crime. Die how you killed.
Well, the Constitution clearly prohibits Cruel and Unusual Punishment... dating back to the things the British did to Colonials. So we wanted to be better than King-driven sociopaths.

So as much as they should suffer, at least we won't stoop to the level of murderers and scumbags... when we punish murderers and scumbags.

We should be better than the murderers and scumbags.

While having no qualms about sentencing every one of them to the maximum they deserve. Including a humane an quick death. Meh, belay that. ESPECIALLY a humane and quick death.

Sirhr

"And a man who injures his countryman – as he has done, so it shall be done to him [namely,] fracture under/for fracture, eye under/for eye, tooth under/for tooth. Just as another person has received injury from him, so it will be given to him." (Lev. 24:19–21).

Reactions: gigamortis
The problem of firing squads is the trauma suffered by the executioners, not that it can't be done you either get some psycho or you end up with a bunch of folks suffering from mental issues down the line. Considering Great Reset is about to get much more authoritarian tones i wouldn't trust the state with much use of lethal force, you might just end up on the receiving end.

This will not be a popular opinion, but it’s mine and I have given it a great deal of thought.

While I have seen news stories about depraved killers (especially of children and seniors) that make me feel like I’d pull the trigger on them myself, I nonetheless do not support state sanctioned executions.

This is for the simple fact that far too many death penalty convictions turned out over time to be in error as shown by more modern technology such as DNA testing.

And there are no “oopsies” after you killed an innocent person.

The problem of firing squads is the trauma suffered by the executioners, not that it can't be done you either get some psycho or you end up with a bunch of folks suffering from mental issues down the line. Considering Great Reset is about to get much more authoritarian tones i wouldn't trust the state with much use of lethal force, you might just end up on the receiving end.

I used to date a vet student when I was younger that worked as a vet tech while in school. She'd bring home abandoned stray dogs and kittens that I would feed with syringes throughout the night. Sometimes I'd go weeks on end without a good nights sleep and I still have one of those cats 18 years later even though I'm allergic. I'd even massage their asses with wet towels so that they'd go to the bathroom when constipated.

Anyone that knows me would confirm that I'd give the shirt off my back to anyone that deserved it, and yet I have zero reservations about picking up a rifle in this situation.

Does that make me a psycho?

Automate it. One shot one kill by robot.

1647730648223.jpeg

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
I say let the victim's family members pull the trigger. That way, the state is mostly out of it other than the conviction part. That way, the surviving family has a sense of real justice.

As an alternative, you could dress the death row inmate up like a dog and just let a normal beat cop do what comes natural to them.

I used to date a vet student when I was younger that worked as a vet tech while in school. She'd bring home abandoned stray dogs and kittens that I would feed with syringes throughout the night. Sometimes I'd go weeks on end without a good nights sleep and I still have one of those cats 18 years later even though I'm allergic. I'd even massage their asses with wet towels so that they'd go to the bathroom when constipated.

Anyone that knows me would confirm that I'd give the shirt off my back to anyone that deserved it, and yet I have zero reservations about picking up a rifle in this situation.

Does that make me a psycho?
Nope, makes us kindred spirits!

Sirhr

Reactions: vinniedelpino
Humane is not in mine mind set, someone rapes and kills women and children. I'm not worrying about if they feel pain when they are put to death, I want to instill the fear and then some that they did to the victims before they died.

Reactions: AMGtuned
I'm not sure what their problem is, we seem to have piles of fentanyl all over the streets thanks to the Chinese.
Just give the inmate a pile of that and problem solved without a whole lot of problem.

But here is something to think about, so you want to kill someone as punishment for killing somebody else, okay fine.
Well, what then happens when it's discovered they were innocent and were railroaded by power driven politicians and prosecutors?

Can the avenger of their blood go after everybody that had a hand in killing them and get blood for blood all the way up and down the chain in proper eye for an eye fashion? Or are they supposed to just say oops tough well sorry about that, but we can't have justice be equal for the state and its employees as it is for the common serf.

Because if not, well then...

With as corrupt and evil as our justice system is these days, in many cases it's hard to say if someone was actually guilty when the case is in a bit of doubt.

Then again, just leave the state out of it and go wild west. Let people that were wronged take care of business.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
I think the death penalty should only be allowed when there is 100% undeniable evidence the person is guilty.
  • Video of person clearly committing the crime.
  • DNA evidence that can't be explained any other way. (seamen in vagina)
  • Video or audio of person admitting the crime (Not pressured by police in an interview)

Reactions: JakeM and Baron23
Automate it. One shot one kill by robot.

View attachment 7831239

No need even for that... There are plenty of people who are willing to form up the squad to take out a scumbag. Hold a lottery just like juror selections. Assemble a group of people who willingly volunteer to do firing squad duty and then pull the number needed for actual duty...

No need even for that... There are plenty of people who are willing to form up the squad to take out a scumbag. Hold a lottery just like juror selections. Assemble a group of people who willingly volunteer to do firing squad duty and then pull the number needed for actual duty...
Or a bunch of scumbags...if you know what I mean.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
I think the death penalty should only be allowed when there is 100% undeniable evidence the person is guilty.
  • Video of person clearly committing the crime.
  • DNA evidence that can't be explained any other way. (seamen in vagina)
  • Video or audio of person admitting the crime (Not pressured by police in an interview)

and the person wants to die and the family of the victim didn’t forgive him and the witch who cast bones says it’s OK

Reactions: Steel+Killer
Pretty sure there are a couple of states that “allow” firing squad as a means of death, doubt any of them will ever use it though.

Eta: Oklahoma and Utah allow it
https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/executions/methods-of-execution/authorized-methods-by-state
Utah executed Gary Gilmore by firing squad in 1977. They used four Mod. 95 Winchesters 30-06's and shot off a bench out of a deer blind like structure.

They practiced for days leading up to the actual execution on marksmanship and getting the synchronization of the shots to go off as one. One shooter flinched when the time came as I remember there was one ragged hole in the photo and a flier.

Utah executed Gary Gilmore by firing squad in 1977. They used four Mod. 95 Winchesters 30-06's and shot off a bench out of a deer blind like structure.

They practiced for days leading up to the actual execution on marksmanship and getting the synchronization of the shots to go off as one. One shooter flinched when the time came as I remember there was one ragged hole in the photo and a flier.
Four 30 ought 6 ?!?!?!? Just one would do. Sheeeeiitttt it would just need to graze him and it would be instant death......

Four 30 ought 6 ?!?!?!? Just one would do. Sheeeeiitttt it would just need to graze him and it would be instant death......
At near powder burning range of 20 ft. too.

Wikipedia says they used 30-30s but I definitely remember seeing Mod. 95 Winchesters laying on the shooting bench in a pic and 95's were predominantly chambered in '06 or 30-40 Krag. They didn't come in 30-30. Five shooters made up the firing squad, four had live ammo and one had a blank.

I personally don't care about the firing squads coming back to death penalty states. What I was focused on for awhile was the gas chamber and how they're doing away with the toxic gas (hydrogen cyanide) and replacing it with inert gas (carbon-dioxide or nitrogen). Haven't heard much about it anymore. Also heard about how lethal injections are gonna change their protocol and just use 1 drug instead of 3.

Either way it's done, I will still stand by what I've said in the past and continue to say that public executions need to be brought back not only to let the public know that justice was truly served, but to also detour anyone in the crowd who thought about a life crime.

Does the condemned get to choose if they use M0A or Mil-Dot optics ?
After they seat the condemned they need to be heard trying to explain to the members of the firing squad the basics of shooting. "...You look through this rear sight at the front sight up here and put the front sight on his chest. You've never shot a gun before have you?" and then yell at the condemned "We almost got it figured out. You doing alright? You need anything? Water?"

Last edited:
The real torture is knowing you might have been shot with a 6.5 CM wearing an MRAD scope.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandhog308
Well, the Constitution clearly prohibits Cruel and Unusual Punishment... dating back to the things the British did to Colonials. So we wanted to be better than King-driven sociopaths.

So as much as they should suffer, at least we won't stoop to the level of murderers and scumbags... when we punish murderers and scumbags.

We should be better than the murderers and scumbags.

While having no qualms about sentencing every one of them to the maximum they deserve. Including a humane an quick death. Meh, belay that. ESPECIALLY a humane and quick death.

Sirhr
It may be cruel but if done enough it wont be unusual

Member of the French Resistance smiling at a German firing squad in 1944.
I'd drink a bottle of wine or three with that guy.

Notice how they put him on the corner to prevent rics.

main-qimg-5ba15e640a7af93cd13295a282f41acf-lq

A friend of one of my good friends was just executed via government firing squad right on his front porch. He was forced out of his home with flash bangs and gas. When he come out he was executed by the king’s men. His crime was not submitting to a LEO that was wrongfully attempting to arrest him at his own home because of a false police report. While he was fortunate enough to get off a few shots of his own, unfortunately he missed his targets and was unable to bring some of these assholes with him. All he wanted was to be left the fuck alone and repeatedly said so before his murder. I wished I could have met and had a drink with this man.
Thats why the "You fight me you fight the whole trailer park" policy needs to be implemented if this country hopes to survive.

Reactions: W54/XM-388