• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Southern Precision Rifles . Any thoughts ?

I’ve bought lots of parts from these guys. And i have only good things to say. I’ve Never had them Build anything but their customer service on the sales was excellent so I would not hesitate to go with them for a build if I didn’t build my own.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
Great place easy and fast to deal with. Barrel shoot lights out good prices. Had the barrel nut barrel not shoulder from them.

Good folks that do good work. I've gotten prefits from them in the past and they will be getting my business for the project I have in the works.

You will be totally happy.
Greg and team do excellent work.
They are shooters and they make sure everything with the SPR/Bugholes name on it is impeccable.

./
Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond. Decisions like this is almost as nerve-wracking as deciding to marry someone 🤔 😆

I have bought multiple barrels and three actions from them. They are super helpful, communication is excellent, and they deliver on time or early. I would recommend without hesitation.

Reactions: parshal
I have 4 or is it 5? SPR built guns, Greg does outstanding work in my opinion

Have never had bugholes build a rifle but they are the first place I go to get parts, actions, barrels just about anything, extremely helpful would not hesitate to have them build a rifle.

Greg and his crew are first rate.
Don’t fret that decision. Go forward with confidence.

I have friend who bought a Bartlein from them. They are top notch.

I have been doing business with Greg for nearly 10 years. Excellent service and excellent builds. You cannot go wrong ! They built this .300PRC for me.... After sight in, the first 3 shots at 600 yard at Talladega marksmanship park.

Attachments

• IMG_0768.JPG
    IMG_0768.JPG
    618.2 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0775.JPG
    IMG_0775.JPG
    414.3 KB · Views: 280
9-10 barrels spun, couple barreled actions built…Greg is a Tier 1 gunsmith who provides excellent customer service! You won’t be disappointed…

Greg and Russ completed a barreled action (in 6.5 CM) for me earlier this year. It was my first precision rifle project and it’s a shooter! I’ll be a repeat customer to SPR/Bugholes. The team answered all my questions, and the project was completed on-cost and on-schedule. What more do you want? Get your project gun started with them!

Greg spun up a 25 CM prefit for my Impact action. Quick turn around and shoots lights out…

Needed a 6GT pre-fit for the new ATX, called me back twice and got the project going. Comes recommended from people I trust.

Because of this thread, and others like it, I reached out to Southern Precision yesterday morning. I've been sitting on an MPA Hybrid Chassis for a little while, and have been wanting to get a barreled action done.

Russ responded to my initial email in 30 minutes with a preliminary estimate. I couldn't hardly believe it. He then answered a couple of questions I had, made some suggestions and in less than 12 hours, he sent me the final invoice with the requested payment method.

Top notch customer service, and my build hasn't even started yet. Thanks to everyone for this recommendation.

This thread is at least making me feel a little better.... I'd ordered a barrel blank from them about a month ago and it shipped very quickly according to tracking. Then the tracking information kept changing and finally it turned into a "sorry for the inconvenience- start a claim" message. I contacted Southern Precision and they didn't have the same barrel in stock but said they would get one on its way to me as soon as possible.

It appears to have nothing to do with them- but a problem with the shipper- but was still making me a little nervous. Having never done business with them before I wasn't sure what to think- but now feel confident that it will get solved.

This thread is at least making me feel a little better.... I'd ordered a barrel blank from them about a month ago and it shipped very quickly according to tracking. Then the tracking information kept changing and finally it turned into a "sorry for the inconvenience- start a claim" message. I contacted Southern Precision and they didn't have the same barrel in stock but said they would get one on its way to me as soon as possible.

It appears to have nothing to do with them- but a problem with the shipper- but was still making me a little nervous. Having never done business with them before I wasn't sure what to think- but now feel confident that it will get solved.
SmartDonkey,
In the hope of offering you, even more, reassurance, let me explain how it went for me. I contacted the owner Greg Young direct at his original premises in Naples, FL. prior to him upping sticks & moving shop to Tennessee.

I requested 2 Custom builds as described. I ordered 1 stock direct from Tom Manners in Kansas & a 2nd from Stocky's Stocks in FL. Greg provided a Mullerworks & a Bartlien barrel & actions, fluted both for me & then shipped them to Karl at Kampfeld Kustom who was based in Michigan back then (2013.) Karl did some fantastic 2-tone cerakote paint jobs on them before shipping to my exporter in Maine. Greg Young is a genuine Good Guy & I doubt you will hear otherwise from anyone! I'm sure your issue will get resolved. Both my rifles were eventually exported into Ontario, Canada. All in all, it was smooth sailing & the logistics were all conducted from the UK!

Shona

Greg and Russ worked with me to get a Proof barrel blank swapped for a Bartlein barrel and all the machine work. I have bought an action and a few barrels from Bugholes, so he knew me from previous business.
The barrel was a warranty replacement from Proof I didn’t want to chamber and use. I was able to send my factory packaged barrel blank in for credit and get a Bartlein from his shop. He chambered, threaded, capped, fluted and Cerakote the barrel for a prefit Bighorn TL3. I covered the differnce. They got me out of a jam with a barrel I wasn't comfortable using. Apparently Proof doesn’t chamber their barrels in 30 Nosler because then “accuracy in testing was not acceptable”. Wish I would have known that before wasting 10 months jacking with a 30 Nosler chambered Proof barrel.
Bugholes (SPR) Bartlein barrel shoot nearly everything I feed it very well. I would highly recommend!

Greg’s built a couple rifles for me in the past. Always great to deal with and his builds are shooters. Youll be happy with whatever you get back from him

The barrels I got from Greg and Russ just hammer out the box..... Great guys to deal with and excellent communication.. Turnaround time on barrels is exactly what they state.

I may be the only one but I had a terrible experience and will not use them ever again.

I purchased and action from them. They had fast service. No complaints

Absolute Top Notch

Couldn't be happier with the quality of their work for me. 3 Rifles that are absolute hammers with a 4th on the way.

Fantastic guys to boot.

Reactions: Pinmaster
One more pile on. SPR just completed re-barrels on 3 rifles. 2 - .308win and 1 - .338LM
As with all my experiences, their work (chamber, flute, muzzle brake threading, cerakote) is the best !
Did some barrel break-in on all 3 before the weekend with factory ammo at Talladega CMP. All 3 kept it in the X-Ring.

They are fantastic !

You can’t just drop that shit here without a bit of context. Come’on Man. Spill da beans.

They probably didn't put enough tape inside the box to hold the note.
Maybe used the wrong color padding.
Could have even been a greasy fingerprint.

They probably didn't put enough tape inside the box to hold the note.
Maybe used the wrong color padding.
Could have even been a greasy fingerprint.
It was a rifle with a burr so bad that it wouldn't extract. but basically just a finger smudge.

I use Greg @ SPR. Always great work and excellent communication. I hope to see him this week to pick up another barrel.

Good people to do business with.
I wouldn't hesitate to have them build a rifle.

New to the custom world and trying to get an idea of what one should expect I cost for a build from a shop of this quality, could any of you that have been there several times over chime in with a range? Best I can figure, looking like ~15-1700 in parts for barreled action, perhaps another 4-500 for a stock if not going chassis route and maybe 3/4 that again in labor?

Have not had SPR build a rifle yet but they are the first place I go for parts, barrels, actions, triggers, everything. they always have lots of inventory and are great to work with, have two rifles that all the parts came from SPR, would not hesitate for a second to have Greg build a rifle.