Special Pricing on Machine Work

Deep South Tactical

Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 21, 2010
    Mississippi
    www.deepsouthtactical.com
    Well this has been great for the shop and all the customers. If you all don’t mind help me spread the word. I decided to create to small separate website to help streamline everything. www.7dayrifle.com it has a order form and a reamer list. Like always if you prefer call the shop. I just figured it might help out some. Thanks David.

TheOfficeT-Rex

Primer Minister
    Minuteman
  • May 19, 2019
    Got my barrel yesterday, I think minus shipping, DST had it for less than a week for a chamber/thread job. Won't get to screw it on and test until the end of the month, but it looks great and comms with the whole DST team were awesome.

DJL2

Talon 6
    Minuteman
    Oct 16, 2013
    Georgia
    Just a plug/bump for these guys. I ordered a blank to have sent their way a while back and promptly forgot. When I eventually got around to calling them about it, they had my blank in hand (literally) in about 30 seconds and were able to recall the conversation we had months ago to get it in the queue - invoice hit my inbox a few minutes later. They even apologized for slowing down a little (see post above).

Really solid customer service.

Deep South Tactical

Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Feb 21, 2010
    Mississippi
    Just a plug/bump for these guys. I ordered a blank to have sent their way a while back and promptly forgot. When I eventually got around to calling them about it, they had my blank in hand (literally) in about 30 seconds and were able to recall the conversation we had months ago to get it in the queue - invoice hit my inbox a few minutes later. They even apologized for slowing down a little (see post above).

Really solid customer service.
    Thanks man. We really appreciate it.

CJC73

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    May 21, 2020
    what does it cost to bed an action? turn-a-round time? does that include pillars too?

simmonzz

Private
    Minuteman
    Nov 29, 2020
    OR
    what does it cost to bed an action? turn-a-round time? does that include pillars too?
    It was $450 to chamber/thread/bed for my last rifle. Which also included mounting/leveling scope and fully assembling the rifle to verify fitment etc. it took about 3 weeks from the day they got it to getting a call it was done and pay for the return shipping. I wanna say the bedding was $150 extra because it’s $300 to chamber/thread both ends. When I sent in all my parts the pillars were included with my Hawkins dbm so idk if the $150 would include pillars from them or not if you don’t have any

Reactions: Deep South Tactical

KnowNothing256

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Jan 9, 2020
    ok so $175 plus return shipping. I don't have pillars to send. Are pillars really necessary with composite stocks?

3 weeks to do this?
    Some would argue that bedding isn’t necessary at all in a synthetic stock, but I just love the fits-like-a-glove bedding surfaces. I wouldn’t do a bedding job without metal supporting the action screws, the compression of the synthetic or wood materials is too likely to change over time. If the stock has a mini-chassis core surrounding the action screws that’s good to go.

CJC73

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    May 21, 2020
    Some would argue that bedding isn’t necessary at all in a synthetic stock, but I just love the fits-like-a-glove bedding surfaces. I wouldn’t do a bedding job without metal supporting the action screws, the compression of the synthetic or wood materials is too likely to change over time. If the stock has a mini-chassis core surrounding the action screws that’s good to go.

If the composite compresses over time, there's issues with the stock and I'd say a new stock is in order. Composite better not compress under the load created by torquing the action screws. That's the point of composites. Pillars were first used in wood stocks because wood will compress and is affected by weather conditions.

Deep South Tactical

Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Feb 21, 2010
    Mississippi
    ok so $175 plus return shipping. I don't have pillars to send. Are pillars really necessary with composite stocks?

3 weeks to do this?
    The $25 includes the pillars. Yes I would put pillars in it. Two weeks tops on bedding. Probably less but I’m giving myself some time. Haha. Thanks David.

Reactions: CJC73