• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Special Pricing on Machine Work

Well this has been great for the shop and all the customers. If you all don’t mind help me spread the word. I decided to create to small separate website to help streamline everything. www.7dayrifle.com it has a order form and a reamer list. Like always if you prefer call the shop. I just figured it might help out some. Thanks David.

Got my barrel back today, the thread job and 11° target crown looks great! Can’t wait to go shoot! Thanks again!

Got my barrel yesterday, I think minus shipping, DST had it for less than a week for a chamber/thread job. Won't get to screw it on and test until the end of the month, but it looks great and comms with the whole DST team were awesome.

Just a plug/bump for these guys. I ordered a blank to have sent their way a while back and promptly forgot. When I eventually got around to calling them about it, they had my blank in hand (literally) in about 30 seconds and were able to recall the conversation we had months ago to get it in the queue - invoice hit my inbox a few minutes later. They even apologized for slowing down a little (see post above).

Really solid customer service.

Just a plug/bump for these guys. I ordered a blank to have sent their way a while back and promptly forgot. When I eventually got around to calling them about it, they had my blank in hand (literally) in about 30 seconds and were able to recall the conversation we had months ago to get it in the queue - invoice hit my inbox a few minutes later. They even apologized for slowing down a little (see post above).

Really solid customer service.
Thanks man. We really appreciate it.

Thanks man. We really appreciate it.
Your guys’ customer service is frickin awesome spoke with Nick the other day for 35 minutes about my next build and super excited to send you guys the parts to put it together once I get em all. My 300 Norma you guys built me shoots awesome I’m just another happy customer amongst many others

what does it cost to bed an action? turn-a-round time? does that include pillars too?

what does it cost to bed an action? turn-a-round time? does that include pillars too?
It was $450 to chamber/thread/bed for my last rifle. Which also included mounting/leveling scope and fully assembling the rifle to verify fitment etc. it took about 3 weeks from the day they got it to getting a call it was done and pay for the return shipping. I wanna say the bedding was $150 extra because it’s $300 to chamber/thread both ends. When I sent in all my parts the pillars were included with my Hawkins dbm so idk if the $150 would include pillars from them or not if you don’t have any

@simmonzz is right. It’s $150 to bed. It’s a extra $25 to install pillars. That includes us providing the pillars. Thanks David.

ok so $175 plus return shipping. I don't have pillars to send. Are pillars really necessary with composite stocks?

3 weeks to do this?

ok so $175 plus return shipping. I don't have pillars to send. Are pillars really necessary with composite stocks?

3 weeks to do this?
Some would argue that bedding isn’t necessary at all in a synthetic stock, but I just love the fits-like-a-glove bedding surfaces. I wouldn’t do a bedding job without metal supporting the action screws, the compression of the synthetic or wood materials is too likely to change over time. If the stock has a mini-chassis core surrounding the action screws that’s good to go.

Some would argue that bedding isn’t necessary at all in a synthetic stock, but I just love the fits-like-a-glove bedding surfaces. I wouldn’t do a bedding job without metal supporting the action screws, the compression of the synthetic or wood materials is too likely to change over time. If the stock has a mini-chassis core surrounding the action screws that’s good to go.

If the composite compresses over time, there's issues with the stock and I'd say a new stock is in order. Composite better not compress under the load created by torquing the action screws. That's the point of composites. Pillars were first used in wood stocks because wood will compress and is affected by weather conditions.

Went down this week and picked up a couple 338 Norma’s done by DST. Both Dave and Nick are great guys and we’re a pleasure to deal with. And if you ask nicely, they’ll even do a little custom engraving on your buddy’s Norma. Even when your buddy has no idea what you’re putting on his rig. By the way, he loves it!

Attachments

• 71D991BF-0428-4207-A68F-1730BC3F6352.jpeg
    71D991BF-0428-4207-A68F-1730BC3F6352.jpeg
    898.5 KB · Views: 270
  • 58B93E15-919A-4042-A502-262CBBB49D1A.jpeg
    58B93E15-919A-4042-A502-262CBBB49D1A.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 276
  • 86CDA958-E266-44BA-9FB6-7C91DCC99296.jpeg
    86CDA958-E266-44BA-9FB6-7C91DCC99296.jpeg
    936.4 KB · Views: 270
Went down this week and picked up a couple 338 Norma’s done by DST. Both Dave and Nick are great guys and we’re a pleasure to deal with. And if you ask nicely, they’ll even do a little custom engraving on your buddy’s Norma. Even when your buddy has no idea what you’re putting on his rig. By the way, he loves it!
Lol. Glad he liked it!

Thanks for taking my call today - please message me on here if you make your way to doing TRG-42 barrels.

That sure looks like the same one I had a pic of sent to me in a text that same date. Looks great and even better with the scope on it.

Awesome prices and great work. Had them do Arc Nucleus gen 2 shoulder prefit and turned out great. Headspaced fine no issue. Threads on muzzle worked great. They used my own reamer no extra charge and great guys to talk with and very helpful.. Have not shot the barrel yet but so far impressed. I will be using them again in future.

Looking to have a 22 GT spun up. I noticed that you don't have that reamer on your website. What do you normally do for reamers you don't have?

These guys did a prefit for my Archimedes and it headspaced fine, even got the timing on the barrel markings perfect.

They can handle prefits. 👍

They do a great job and if you do have to send in action it doesn't take very long at all. Very fast