• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Speeding ticket question.

Now we're comparing traffic in Germany to India….home of Mercedes vs. home of donkey's pulling truck axel trailers with 15' tall carpet loads.

I see this thread went on a tangent.

Personally, I do not see how American highway traffic can be compared to Germany highway traffic. Germany's Bundesautobahn was created with a totally different outlook/mindset and purpose than US road ways. Bundesautobahn was created or, at least, design was tweaked due to Nazi transportation needs. Highway turns were made for vehicle to handle speeds close to or greater than 100 MPH. Turns could not be greater than a specific percentage and, if I remember correctly, so did inclines/declines. Earth was moved based on design needs where in America roads go around earth.

I am sure someone who is more aware of the details will chime in and correct/rectify/enlighten above.

Just my two cents...

Frankly I don't care if I don't have credibility with some idiot like you. If your too stupid to know that speeding kills then your not capable of intelligent debate. Frankly you are just trying to justify your bad behavior and I hope that someday you don't get yourself killed or someone else. I do hope that you get caught enough times that you lose your license before something bad does happen.

You're dumber than a box of fucking rocks. Seriously. Give it up.

Also, Germans don't understand the need for cupholders as cars are for driving, coffee shops are for sipping.

That's an asshole cop on a power trip. Especially when they then use it as an excuse to rummage through a car at will while ignoring constitutional rights. After being told that I do not consent to searches. I've had this happen and not a damn thing was done about it.

Done about being pulled over? Having your vehicle searched? You were a bit vague as to which of your rights were violated

I see this thread went on a tangent.

Personally, I do not see how American highway traffic can be compared to Germany highway traffic. Germany's Bundesautobahn was created with a totally different outlook/mindset and purpose than US road ways. Bundesautobahn was created or, at least, design was tweaked due to Nazi transportation needs. Highway turns were made for vehicle to handle speeds close to or greater than 100 MPH. Turns could not be greater than a specific percentage and, if I remember correctly, so did inclines/declines. Earth was moved based on design needs where in America roads go around earth.

I am sure someone who is more aware of the details will chime in and correct/rectify/enlighten above.

Just my two cents...

Tristian,
US highways obviously aren't up to the same specs as German highways. You are correct that many of their roads were purpose built and are designed for much higher speeds. I watched a special on the Autobahn and it's amazing the work they put into the road in order to keep it safe, suitable for high speeds, clean etc. That might not be feasible in the US but it does go to show that roads can be traveled at MUCH higher speeds and still be safer. The Autobahn would be an example of how better roads/drivers make safer roads not lower speeds.

The point I was making is more traffic laws in a place like India isn't going to all of a sudden make Indian roads safer. India is among the highest in the world of illiterate citizens (not percentage, pure number). People that can't read generally have a hard time with signs like "slippery when wet". They also have a high poverty rate. A big problem I've seen in 3rd world countries is nobody can see. Prescription glasses aren't readily available and it's a big problem. There's a lot of vets on this site and I'm sure some remember the signs we put on our vehicles warning locals to stay away….well a lot of them can't read or see the signs so it didn't turn out to well for them. If you want to see some wild driving check out Kabul. You can bring all the Alaska PD guys you want and it isn't going to make the roads any safer. 5 guys on 125cc motorcycle, donkey's in the street, one legged ladies begging for food in the middle of the highway…accidents waiting to happen.

Ahh....yeah.....Back in the day I can rember when.

29d7f6a.jpg

Last edited:
Well even if that were true if you did not speed you would not have anything to worry about.
pat

Goodquestion3_zps4ce8f3a0.jpg

Hate to break your bubble, I can't count how many people I've cited with that specific unit that were pissed. You'll never see me coming until it's too late if I'm running traffic, guaranteed. A crafty officer with a radar unit, or worse a LIDAR unit makes any unit worthless. Just because your following another car doesn't make you safe... Often I will do multi-car stops and if you don't pull over you can bet you will be the one I single out...

You are the worst.....

Now we're comparing traffic in Germany to India….home of Mercedes vs. home of donkey's pulling truck axel trailers with 15' tall carpet loads.

I found this to be a very funny statement. Good one! :cool:

Tristian,
US highways obviously aren't up to the same specs as German highways. You are correct that many of their roads were purpose built and are designed for much higher speeds. I watched a special on the Autobahn and it's amazing the work they put into the road in order to keep it safe, suitable for high speeds, clean etc. That might not be feasible in the US but it does go to show that roads can be traveled at MUCH higher speeds and still be safer. The Autobahn would be an example of how better roads/drivers make safer roads not lower speeds.

The point I was making is more traffic laws in a place like India isn't going to all of a sudden make Indian roads safer. India is among the highest in the world of illiterate citizens (not percentage, pure number). People that can't read generally have a hard time with signs like "slippery when wet". They also have a high poverty rate. A big problem I've seen in 3rd world countries is nobody can see. Prescription glasses aren't readily available and it's a big problem. There's a lot of vets on this site and I'm sure some remember the signs we put on our vehicles warning locals to stay away….well a lot of them can't read or see the signs so it didn't turn out to well for them. If you want to see some wild driving check out Kabul. You can bring all the Alaska PD guys you want and it isn't going to make the roads any safer. 5 guys on 125cc motorcycle, donkey's in the street, one legged ladies begging for food in the middle of the highway…accidents waiting to happen.

My apologies IF it appeared I was questioning your previous statement. I actually did understand where you were coming from. Especially after reading above.

I agree with what you are saying.

Not sure about elsewhere but LE are given radar and laser devices around my neck of the woods by insurance agencies. LE around here do NOT purchase them.

Insurance Agencies give hardware to LE
LE give out tickets
We pay higher rates to Insurance Agencies
* make sense to generate money - though I disagree
* towns, cities, governments increase revenue and so does your insurance company

I do go over speed limit but I also run under speed limit. When you do the math speeding is usually not even worth it. At least when looking at my driving. If you are 15 minutes behind schedule and your ride is 30 minutes then it does not make sense to speed. You are STILL going to be LATE. In most cases when I did math I found I would have to do DOUBLE my speed to make it to my destination on time. So in a 55 I would have to average 110 or something close. Not even worth it.

The only time I found going above speed limit really does anything is when I'm driving to say Va, Ga or Fl. Averaging 10 miles over speed limit shaves almost two hours off and up depending on distance traveled.

My motto is "Whatever time I arrive is the time I was supposed to be there". I'm not rushing. My wife used to complain about my motto but now she gets it. Rushing can increase stress and stress can increase mistakes and I have NOT time for either.

I could write a book and continue to bore you with my thoughts but I will leave it at that.

Safe driving to all and if you do not know how to drive please stay away from me as I'm the one with the plates that read SUB MOA.

Thank you and have a good night. :)

Ketchup you dont have a constitutional right to speed so the hitler pic has no relevance. It is simple obey the traffic laws and you probably never get pulled over. Free legal advice

to the op...i have gotten several tickets in the last several years...there are 3 or 4 lawyers here who specifically deal with speeding tickets and the prices are not outrageous. they have about a 90% success rate to get you off. i always demand trial by jury. we are in america, its up to the state to prove im guilty. and in almost every single instance, the officer did not or could not show up for court so case dismissed!!!

my sis is an attorny, and she has successfully fought all her tickets in court. her biggest ally in that is 1. is the machine calibrated, when was it calibrated last, and 2. is the officer qualified on that machine and does that officer have all their ce hours up to date on that equipment.

remember, the state has to prove you guilty, you do not have to prove you are innocent!!!

You are the worst.....

Lol, just because I am known to do multi-car stops? Lol, any of my multi car stops are going to require a minimum of 20 over or some sort of reckless driving, drag racing, red lights, DUI, etc. If you get a ticket from me, you earned it. I cite or arrest maybe 1/5th of the drivers I stop so the chances of you getting by with just a warning with me are fairly high. I have my thresholds for cites, etc as do most officers.

a possibility is to see if the speed gun has been calibrated? if things can be? that may help you out. his speed gun may have shown 80 when you were doing 77. he may see it truthfully and to his best knowledge you were doing 80.

This... go to court, ask for the radar certification.
I worked on these for years. At times the cert would get lost. no cert no fine.

to the op...i have gotten several tickets in the last several years...there are 3 or 4 lawyers here who specifically deal with speeding tickets and the prices are not outrageous. they have about a 90% success rate to get you off. i always demand trial by jury. we are in america, its up to the state to prove im guilty. and in almost every single instance, the officer did not or could not show up for court so case dismissed!!!

my sis is an attorny, and she has successfully fought all her tickets in court. her biggest ally in that is 1. is the machine calibrated, when was it calibrated last, and 2. is the officer qualified on that machine and does that officer have all their ce hours up to date on that equipment.

remember, the state has to prove you guilty, you do not have to prove you are innocent!!!
Why don't you stop speeding before you kill someone. Getting several tickets means your a bad driver. Also demand all you want for a jury trial, you are not getting one on a traffic offense at least here. No jail time no right to a jury trial. They are strict liability offenses with no right to a jury trial just a magistrate. I have beaten my share of attorneys. They either were doing the offense or they weren't. Love beating attorneys.

Why don't you stop speeding before you kill someone. Getting several tickets means your a bad driver. Also demand all you want for a jury trial, you are not getting one on a traffic offense at least here. No jail time no right to a jury trial. They are strict liability offenses with no right to a jury trial just a magistrate. I have beaten my share of attorneys. They either were doing the offense or they weren't. Love beating attorneys.

Your patrol car is ready
Short-Short-Bus.jpg

i always demand trial by jury. we are in america, its up to the state to prove im guilty. and in almost every single instance, the officer did not or could not show up for court so case dismissed!!!

My State "de-criminalized" traffic tickets for speeding and minor offenses long ago. You can demand a Jury Trial but all you're going to get is a "Magistrate". Only time one gets charged in criminal court is when they've become a chronic DUI offender of if serious injury or death results from their stupidity.

... I have beaten my share of attorneys. They either were doing the offense or they weren't. Love beating attorneys.

Thanks for your service. Use the biggest nightstick you can get I suggest the "42611 Wavemaster 26" FrictionLoc Black Chrome"
ASP Black Chrome Expandable Baton with Foam Grip 16", 21" and 26"

Obviously you know how to hit without leaving evidence. Question: What do you get if you beat the shit out of a lawyer?
Answer: An empty suit.

When a person assists a criminal in breaking the law before the criminal gets arrested, we call him an accomplice. When a person assists a criminal in breaking the law after the criminal gets arrested, we call him a defense lawyer.

When a person assists a criminal in breaking the law before the criminal gets arrested, we call him an accomplice. When a person assists a criminal in breaking the law after the criminal gets arrested, we call him a defense lawyer.

WTF

So I'm going ~77 in a 70, and a state trooper passes me going in the opposite direction (which is why I looked down at my exact speed). I look in the mirror, see him practically lock up his brakes. I keep going without giving it too much thought, my speed now at a nice 65. Next thing I know he's doing nearly triple digits to catch up with me, tailgates me until there is a shoulder, lights me up, and gives me a ticket for 80 in a 70.

So that's a $200 ticket. The ticket alleges that I was doing greater than 10% over (which would be over 77). Should I go to court? I did not tell the officer an exact speed I was going, he told me I was going too fast, and gave me the citation with no affidavit. The officer was extremely courteous and professional, but I was not doing >10% as the citation alleges, nor do I see how he could have pegged my speed coming 70 mph at the opposite direction.

Years ago, me and two of friends/co-workers were coming back from a meeting in New Orleans. I was in the passenger seat and one of my friends was driving on a 19 mile bridge over water and not really paying attention to his speed because we were shooting the shit.. He was probably doing 75-80 mph and the limit was 65 mph. All of the sudden we had a silver Crown Vic on our ass (Louisiana State Troopers usually drove white or blue Crown Vics). I bet there was LESS than 6 inches between the Crown Vics front bumber and our back bumper and the car rode our ass like that for 1-2 minutes. We were freaking out because we thought that we were about to get run off the road and into the Atchafalaya Basin. My buddy driving couldn't even slow down because he feared that we would get hit if he so much as decelerated. Well after 1-2 minutes of the three of us freaking the fuck out, the silver Crown Vic turned on his red and blue lights and pulled us over. A 6' 6" 300+ pound black State Trooper got out of his car screaming at my buddy saying that he was driving recklessly and speeding. My buddy didn't get a ticket because the Trooper didn't didn't have a radar. We didn't confront the asshole but we were all pissed that HE was driving recklessly and tailing us so close and actually putting our lives in danger. He evidently thought he was above the law because in order for him to come up from behind like that, he had to be doing around 100 mph without his lights on. When we got back on the road we called a good friend of ours that's a Trooper and told him about the incident and he laughed and said that the particular Trooper had a reputation for doing shit like that.

Years ago, me and two of friends/co-workers were coming back from a meeting in New Orleans. I was in the passenger seat and one of my friends was driving on a 19 mile bridge over water and not really paying attention to his speed because we were shooting the shit.. He was probably doing 75-80 mph and the limit was 65 mph. All of the sudden we had a silver Crown Vic on our ass (Louisiana State Troopers usually drove white or blue Crown Vics). I bet there was LESS than 6 inches between the Crown Vics front bumber and our back bumper and the car rode our ass like that for 1-2 minutes. We were freaking out because we thought that we were about to get run off the road and into the Atchafalaya Basin. My buddy driving couldn't even slow down because he feared that we would get hit if he so much as decelerated. Well after 1-2 minutes of the three of us freaking the fuck out, the silver Crown Vic turned on his red and blue lights and pulled us over. A 6' 6" 300+ pound black State Trooper got out of his car screaming at my buddy saying that he was driving recklessly and speeding. My buddy didn't get a ticket because the Trooper didn't didn't have a radar. We didn't confront the asshole but we were all pissed that HE was driving recklessly and tailing us so close and actually putting our lives in danger. He evidently thought he was above the law because in order for him to come up from behind like that, he had to be doing around 100 mph without his lights on. When we got back on the road we called a good friend of ours that's a Trooper and told him about the incident and he laughed and said that the particular Trooper had a reputation for doing shit like that.

Some people are happy with their lives and some are not. Sucks when a person with some power takes out their unhappy life on others.

Officers are not ASS HOLES.
ASS HOLES are ASS HOLES.
And, some ASS HOLES are officers.

Most of my family are officers and they do right by what they do for a living. I do have one friend who is an ASS HOLE as an officer. Not sure why because he is not an ASS HOLE when not on duty. His choice.

He evidently thought he was above the law because in order for him to come up from behind like that, he had to be doing around 100 mph without his lights on.

Have you ever heard of the phrase "Law Enforcement Exception". It's a part of just about every law regarding speed, firearms, knives, etc. Yes, he can "speed" because sometimes it's part of his job.

Have you ever heard of the phrase "Law Enforcement Exception". It's a part of just about every law regarding speed, firearms, knives, etc. Yes, he can "speed" because sometimes it's part of his job.

Yes and they use to be "Above the law". He was cruising along the bridge at a high rate of speed and just so happen to come up on us. He didn't have his lights on and we hadn't passed him up so he had no inclination that we were speeding until he came up on us. I could understand if he was driving to a call at 100 mph with his lights on but if he were going on a call he should have had his lights on if he was doing almost double the speed limit on a waterway/bridge. And to damn near cause us to wreck is another story.

Some people are happy with their lives and some are not. Sucks when a person with some power takes out their unhappy life on others.

Officers are not ASS HOLES.
ASS HOLES are ASS HOLES.
And, some ASS HOLES are officers.

Most of my family are officers and they do right by what they do for a living. I do have one friend who is an ASS HOLE as an officer. Not sure why because he is not an ASS HOLE when not on duty. His choice.

I totally agree with that statement. I have numerous friends that are LE and aren't like that. On the other hand, my brother was LE and he is like that. Lol

The speed exception most often causes complaint when it comes to left lane violations. A driver figures I'm going the limit, I'm not going to move right or the driver just doesn't realize some other motorist has come upon them.

If someone is in a "Fail to move Right" violation and I determine to stop them they usually get a long winded explanation with their written warning. I'm not required to explain why I get to exceed the speed limit and ride the left lane but I do any way because there might as well be a learning moment for the guy that I'm grateful to for paying my salary

Two reasons why we do it

A. My patrol area is over twenty miles in length. If I drive the limit I see the same car for twenty miles rather than observing through traffic for violations. A reasonable speed above the limit allows for more effective monitoring of traffic.

B. If I drive the limit it usually results in everyone behind me driving lower than the limit and not wanting to pass. I can create a giant traffic jam and create problems for other motorists. The first thing I do upon this type of stop is to direct the operator to the amount of traffic suddenly passing his car. It is the result of his sitting in the left lane with a marked cruiser behind them. During inclement weather I do slow below the limit from common sense to avoid becoming the guy that does pass me and I get to meet in the median 5 miles up the road.

Left lane violators also get told about the number of road rage incidents created by sitting in the left lane and why we educate/it's to their benefit to move right.

The only violators guilty of left lane violations that do get a ticket from me are the ones that stop in the left lane when lit up. In this case the issue usually is because the driver has no clue about the entire volume of the rules of the road rather than just being unaware of becoming a traffic cock block.

So sometimes it's not arrogance it's just common sense why there are exceptions.

Last edited:
Following is based off NY area. Do not know elsewhere.

I hear what you are saying but that does not always work around my area. Not sure what LEO devices are used around your way but Lasers do not work like that. Lasers are deliberately aimed at YOUR vehicle license plate so laser gives up YOUR speed and not a speed which LEO must then determine who it belongs to.

Once your radar informs you of LEO's laser detector your already GOT. Laser takes less than one second to register your vehicle speed.

Not sure around your way but up here INSURANCE agencies supply LEO's with detectors. They are NOT purchased by LE.

Not that following means anything but I owned various radar detectors when in my twenty's and still managed to get a few tickets here and there. Beat all but one. Once I gave up on running radar I have yet to get a ticket. Been over 15 years since.

Safe driving...

Just my two cents.

sent via Tapatalk

That's why I referred to the speed estimating device as "radar" in the post. If I was talking about an instrument that utilizes laser, I would have said something other than "radar". We don't have front plates here either.... Not that front plates are really relevant to the topic....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A reasonable speed above the limit allows for more effective monitoring of traffic.

How far over the limit before you cite the driver?

Not sure around your way but up here INSURANCE agencies supply LEO's with detectors. They are NOT purchased by LE.

GEICO is a big contributor.

You know who's a real asshole? Out of state cops speeding in yours.

Today I had the pleasure to block a speeding Indiana sheriff deputy for miles on a construction zone while on my way to an IDPA match. The closer he got to my bumper the slower I went.

What a fucking douchenozzle

How far over the limit before you cite the driver?

Hypothetical, conditions dictate but....

55 marked limit stop at 75, 65 marked limit stop at 80+

Typical patrol speed 75-80.

Again just a generalization based on conditions that can not be used as your defense should you get stopped going 65 in a 55.

Last edited:
Technically an officer is supposed to be an expert judge of speed, and to CONFIRM with the radar.

Go to court and ask for Deferred Adjudication - Drive good for a year and it falls away, get a ticke tand BOTH tickets go on your record.

Otheriwse fight it, but beware the courts have heard every argument and you BETTER have some evidence, much like the black box in your car (Which can be subpoenaed).

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Wow.

So I, umm, I paid the ticket, and I'm comfortable with my decision.

Getting several tickets means your a bad driver.

Your logic is flawed. I'm a retired professional racer. Lap records, championships, lots of wins, etc. I've spent more time over 180mph than most people do over 80.

Are you trying to tell me that if I get three tickets I'm all of a sudden a bad driver? How does that work?

Having an intelligent conversation with a man that resorts to juvenile insults is worse than talking to a retard. Grow up

Keep the racing on the track and off the road

How can anyone expect to have an intelligent conversation with retards?

Are you drunk? You can't blame auto correct on you not being able to read.

I asked, how does getting speeding tickets make me a bad driver? Answer that.

Just an FYI, I haven't had a speeding ticket since 2005. It was for 5 over. The ticket before that was in 1998. If you could read you would have noted that I was presenting you with a hypothetical situation. Go ahead, I'll wait while you look hypothetical up.

Hmm I don't recall calling you retarded so not sure about any irony in that post.

Getting a speeding ticket shows you are disregarding the traffic laws which means you are not a safe driver

Firearms Instructor.
Urban Rifle Instructor.
Colt M16/AR15 Armorer.
Glock Armorer.
Basic Sniper course, 2 to 5 man entry team tactics, flash bangs,and tear gas training with APD
You're all of these things^^^^ and can't differentiate between a bad driver and a fast driver? That's horrifyingly scary.

Some one violating the law while driving is a bad driver.

Getting a speeding ticket shows you are disregarding the traffic laws which means you are not a safe driver

Explain to me then how I can drive up to 3x the speed limit and I have NEVER been in an accident? By your math I should be a mass murderer.

Picking on you is like picking on the "touched" kid. I'm starting to feel bad about it.

Never said I haven't no one is perfect. However my errors don't void my argument. What is safe on a race track is not safe on ra public road. Also
Technical driving skill does not mean you have good judgement while on the road.

Ah again with the juvenile insults. That is generally a sign of a weak argument.

Never said I haven't no one is perfect. However my errors don't void my argument. What is safe on a race track is not safe on ra public road. Also
Technical driving skill does not mean you have good judgement while on the road.

Maybe you're not paying attention. I rarely get tickets. I've never been in an accident. I never said what is safe on the race track is safe on the road.

I said prove your point that speed kills. You obviously can't. You sound just like the anti 2A people. No facts, just a bunch of feelings.