• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Speer Gold Medal Match 168gr. hpbt

p5200

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2008
poplar bluff mo.
Has anyone loaded this bullet for 308 Win and if so, how well did it perform for you? I was just curious cause I found a box locally but haven't got a chance to load and try any yet. Thanks!
smile.gif

Re: Speer Gold Medal Match 168gr. hpbt

They are a good bullet, often overlooked. They never competed with Sierra on price though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: p5200</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone loaded this bullet for 308 Win and if so, how well did it perform for you? I was just curious cause I found a box locally but haven't got a chance to load and try any yet. Thanks!
smile.gif
</div></div>

I've loaded up a couple/few boxes. They were just labeled Match and are probably 15 years old...I think I still have a full box.

The guy above nailed it, they're a very good bullet, but they never did get out of 3rd place with their target bullets.

Now they're just an afterthought. I mean...if you can get them in the $15-$20 range, sure.

Chris

Seems like Noslers are often overlooked as well. So far I've gotten comparible results with Nosler CCs as the Sierras.