• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spend my money. Do I need a MK20? Edit: Apparently we're forming a Uboat crew now.

Do I need to buy a MK20?

• Yes

Votes: 49 46.2%
  • Yes but in 7.62x51

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • You don't need anything let alone another gun

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • No. Buy something else (which you have posted below, or Ill just ignore you)

Votes: 15 14.2%

• Total voters
Wait, which idea was this?

Where we floated around pirating ships with a uboat? I think I wanted that to happen for the sole reason that I could scream ALARM!! as loud as I could at any given time for no reason other than I was on a Uboat.
It’s HAAAALARM!!!!

Decommissioned-Foxtrot-Submarine-4.jpg

• Complement: 12 officers, 10 warrants, 56 seamen
  • Operating Depth: 246–296 m (807–971 ft)
  • Size: Length- 92 m (302 ft); Beam- 7.5 m (25 ft); Draft- 5.1 m (17 ft)
  • Endurance: 3-5 days submerged
  • Armament: 10 torpedo tubes (6 bow, 4 stern) Up to 22 torpedoes
  • Support: Complete start-up support will be provided on request

INQUIRY FORM​

Thanks for contacting us! We will be in touch with you shortly.

Reactions: Darayavaus

I'm not opposed to fixing things with duct tape, but I don't want a duct taped sub.

The way shits going, this rifle may be an investment. One you can finger fuck until you’re böred with it and shutter it with the KACs and go back to shooting the mk12.

Curious if they figured out how to put a can on a SCAR and still have it shoot worth a shit. Maybe the heavy barrel fixed this?

I’m fairly certain you’ve made up your mind. You thinking 3.5-15 F1? If so, what reticle?

Edit: if the cartel can figure out how to operate a sub and run coke I think you’d be fine. Parking it in Utah is going to be challenging.

I'm on board with the U-boat, but I voted for you to buy the rifle also.

It's a gun, you want it, and your bank account says that's ok. Not sure why you bothered asking?

Reactions: 502Chevelle
The way shits going, this rifle may be an investment. One you can finger fuck until you’re böred with it and shutter it with the KACs and go back to shooting the mk12.

Curious if they figured out how to put a can on a SCAR and still have it shoot worth a shit. Maybe the heavy barrel fixed this?

I’m fairly certain you’ve made up your mind. You thinking 3.5-15 F1? If so, what reticle?

Edit: if the cartel can figure out how to operate a sub and run coke I think you’d be fine. Parking it in Utah is going to be challenging.

Yeah I'd like the NF, problem seems this version had only very limited mil/mil versions. Unless I'm missing something, this may be harder to find than its worth. I also do NOT want a Horus reticle.

Other options to keep it right are the Leupold 3-18 (meh) or the Vortex Razor HD. I'd prefer the NF, but the Vortex would probably have better reticles.

Last edited:
F-4? Tornado? WTF is the matter with you balless people.....F-104 or go home.

Just think...pretty much the highest wing loading of any modern aircraft (well, actually any aircraft), single engine so you can die quickly on take off/landings and not waste any time, and while it goes REALLY fast...in a straight line....it would just take you to Warsaw just to turn the fucker around.

F1045.jpg

Was at Luke AFB in mid-70's and the Luftwaffe sent their F-104 pilots there as a replacement training unit (RTU...where they train pilots new to the platform). You could see them on radar busting out of air space left and right...cause, they really don't turn worth a shit.....but man, Germany sent them in great food, liquor, and beer from the homeland. So, I made friends with them (Baron's mommy didn't raise no fool). I dimly remember getting totally faced with some of them on some ice cold Steinhager. Never tasted the stuff....it was ice cold....but sure felt it.

TBH, they had some big brass balls to fly those things as you could see the burn marks in the desert past the end of the runway where a number of them had augered in with issue on take off...like engine flame out (that'll do it). A death machine if there ever was one. True fact...when first built, they ejected out the bottom as they weren't able to clear the T tail at high smash. Down side was this was generally very bad during take off and landing.

By the by, I thought Das Boot was a fabulous movie...top drawer drama and acting. Just excellent.

Cheers

So we're going to make a well rounded argument as to me needing to buy a MK20, or not. That way I can say a lot of thought went into this and it wasn't just a random purchase.
You need to buy it because why not? It's money and you can't take it with you. Well rounded argument? That's poors talk right there, sir! If you WANT it you NEED to get it!

Yeah I'd like the NF, problem seems this version had only very limited mil/mil versions. Unless I'm missing something, this may be harder to find than its worth.

Other options to keep it right are the Leupold 3-18 (meh) or the Vortex Razor HD.

What? You’re “The German”. I have no doubt you post up what you think you want and one will find you within a week. fWIW, I have one (NP-R1) and I love it, but I just like shooting shit a long way away and don’t pay a ton of attention to stuff like clarity at the very edge 23.4 minutes after dark and if the tree branched 13’ over my target may have a purple edge. If it tracks and I like the reticle, good enough. I’d buy another. The price difference between a used F1 and a used 42mmATACR (edit, corrected objective size as I have been called out) is close enough that it may be a wash unless you already have a mount. That 42mm is a bad mofo. (Same edit)

I only own one Vortex and I’m about to spent another $1000 on mounts and red dot caps to see if I can eventually like it. Otherwise, I’m just buying another ACOG. I’m probably not the worlds greatest Vortex salesman.

What can are you considering for the S20?

Last edited:
What? You’re “The German”. I have no doubt you post up what you think you want and one will find you within a week. fWIW, I have one (NP-R1) and I love it, but I just like shooting shit a long way away and don’t pay a ton of attention to stuff like clarity at the very edge 23.4 minutes after dark and if the tree branched 13’ over my target may have a purple edge. If it tracks and I like the reticle, good enough. I’d buy another. The price difference between a used F1 and a used 44mm ATACR is close enough that it may be a wash unless you already have a mount. That 44mm is a bad mofo.

I only own one Vortex and I’m about to spent another $1000 on mounts and red dot caps to see if I can eventually like it. Otherwise, I’m just buying another ACOG. I’m probably not the worlds greatest Vortex salesman.

The Surefire FA762SV is 'made' for it, so why not.

Yeah I'd start looking for a mil/mil F1 nightforce. I dont really want the Vortex albeit it would be easier.

What? You’re “The German”. I have no doubt you post up what you think you want and one will find you within a week. fWIW, I have one (NP-R1) and I love it, but I just like shooting shit a long way away and don’t pay a ton of attention to stuff like clarity at the very edge 23.4 minutes after dark and if the tree branched 13’ over my target may have a purple edge. If it tracks and I like the reticle, good enough. I’d buy another. The price difference between a used F1 and a used 44mm ATACR is close enough that it may be a wash unless you already have a mount. That 44mm is a bad mofo.

Show me the 44mm ATACR, I'll wait.

Show me the 44mm ATACR, I'll wait.

42. 44 . Ehhh. The little one. (Edit: corrected above due to the call out for fucking up the objective size)

Last edited:
F-4? Tornado? WTF is the matter with you balless people.....F-104 or go home.

Just think...pretty much the highest wing loading of any modern aircraft (well, actually any aircraft), single engine so you can die quickly on take off/landings and not waste any time, and while it goes REALLY fast...in a straight line....it would just take you to Warsaw just to turn the fucker around.

F1045.jpg

Was at Luke AFB in mid-70's and the Luftwaffe sent their F-104 pilots there as a replacement training unit (RTU...where they train pilots new to the platform). You could see them on radar busting out of air space left and right...cause, they really don't turn worth a shit.....but man, Germany sent them in great food, liquor, and beer from the homeland. So, I made friends with them (Baron's mommy didn't raise no fool). I dimly remember getting totally faced with some of them on some ice cold Steinhager. Never tasted the stuff....it was ice cold....but sure felt it.

TBH, they had some big brass balls to fly those things as you could see the burn marks in the desert past the end of the runway where a number of them had augered in with issue on take off...like engine flame out (that'll do it). A death machine if there ever was one. True fact...when first built, they ejected out the bottom as they weren't able to clear the T tail at high smash. Down side was this was generally very bad during take off and landing.

By the by, I thought Das Boot was a fabulous movie...top drawer drama and acting. Just excellent.

Cheers
"In Luftwaffe service, the F-104G got a bad reputation because of the large number of accidents, many of them resulting in fatalities. Intensive flying operations with the Starfighter did not start in Germany until 1961, when only two crashes took place. There were seven crashes in 1962, 12 in 1964, and 28 in 1965, or more than two a month. By mid-1966, 61 German Starfighter had crashed, with a loss of 35 pilots."

Reactions: Baron23
So I still like this idea. I've wondered about it a lot since I was a kid. I'm also worried it would be a 'dont meet your heros' kind of thing.

So we can basically go wherever the fuck we want, and we may or may not be heading to waters off of Africa to pirate shit.

However, I don't know shit about how to operate one as they seem ridiculously complicated and then the real question I've always had; what happens if you're just Uboating it up somewhere and some foreign nuclear sub detects you. Do they just try and figure out WTF that is, or can we actually get shot at?

I am also deathly afraid that somehow someone fucks up the toilet which then doesn't allow us to surface, yet also makes the toilet perpetually back up into the Uboat. I'm not sure if this is better, or worse than my nightmare of being rolled down a hill in a porta shitter.

The good news is, due to modern technology not only can we live on the Uboat indefinitely due to life straws and the invention of Top Ramen, but we will be able to occupy ourselves arguing over the ballistic coefficient and other bullshit, including primer seating depth, of the 10.5cm deck gun.
I believe several of the questions you are asking here , were all covered in Down Periscope .

• Haha
Reactions: Darayavaus

Am I the only one that sees the bow that’s caved in as fuck to where you can see all the structural members? FUCK that boat. You have better chance of getting help in space than 1000’ at the bottom of the ocean.

When the warning sticker on whatever you call the depth guage on that big can of sardines says 500’ max but someone penciled a 1 in front of it 😂

Okay read the description it appears the torpedo tubes are still intact. Maybe I’d be down to play a little bit. How quick can we start an international crisis?

K. So like, MK20 inbound.

Now to grab:

Optic
Mount (depends on optic)
Bipod
ADM Bipod Mount
Magazines
Sling
Port side charging handle upgrade

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Two36
Am I the only one that sees the bow that’s caved in as fuck to where you can see all the structural members? FUCK that boat. You have better chance of getting help in space than 1000’ at the bottom of the ocean.

When the warning sticker on whatever you call the depth guage on that big can of sardines says 500’ max but someone penciled a 1 in front of it 😂

Okay read the description it appears the torpedo tubes are still intact. Maybe I’d be down to play a little bit. How quick can we start an international crisis?
yeah, it looks like it's missing a few screen windows too.

about 20 seconds after I clicked on that link, some dude named Kumar popped up in the chat box and asked if I had any questions about the boat.

yeah, it looks like it's missing a few screen windows too.

about 20 seconds after I clicked on that link, some dude named Kumar popped up in the chat box and asked if I had any questions about the boat.
^^^ Kumar must be working 24x7 to sell that sub!!! He popped up for me, too. Told him I would rather talk to Harold.

Sirhr

Yes, buy it. Then, move to MA and sell it to me. Or you could sell me one of the KAC;s you're no longer using. Being in the peoples republic of Massachusetts makes me a gun poor by default. On the plus side, I'm about 5 miles from the ocean and U-boat docking will be much easier here than in Utah.

Have we decided which U-boat we're getting? Maybe the cartels have one we could buy. Just have to wash out all the white powder residue.

Park that boat at Ocean Isle in NC and everyone can stay at my house. Let’s just JB Weld over the duct tape. It will work I promise! And for @TheGerman , your reputation has been damaged by you even asking if you should buy a rifle. For God‘s sakes man, the only person you have to ask to do that is the Ms!

• Haha
Reactions: Jscb1b
@TheGerman
PROS

- This would fill the 6.5 semi niche I don't have; only 6.5 gun I have is the caliber conversion kit for the MRAD
-Do you have a man-bun? Can you grow one?
- I'd basically keep the MRAD a 338LM most of the time and not even really switch calibers
- I already have a ton of 6.5 reloading materials and data
-So, you DO have a man-bun.
- It's available for me, in stock, at dealer cost and the entire platform is cheaper than the fucking 6.5 M110 upper I haven't been able to find in stock for literally years
- 6.5cm > 308
-We get it. Man-bun.
- Doesn't have reciprocating charging handle
- Just like the M110s, has good aftermarket support and parts
- Cheaper and easier to source parts vs KAC
- Precision built/minded stock versus basic 'carbine' stock on a KAC
- Folding stock
- Monolithic rail

CONS

- I already have 2 large frame KAC M110s but both are 7.62x51/308. They would both probably never be shot.
- Already have a 6.5 platform albeit not semi auto
- Would require new optic at additional cost (the way its looking, would be either a NF 3.5-15 or a Vortex Razor HD.)
-Additional cost? GBPSE
- Would require new and different magazines, spare parts that have 0 parts commonality with any other rifles
- More shit to buy, Gucci material sling, suppressor, HK grip, etc.
-GBPSE.
- It's a 20 inch versus my 16 inch M110K1; it is also heavier
-Get stronger.
- Do I REALLY need yet another rifle? Like seriously? Even I am questioning it at this point.
-Yes, and a Uboat.
- Would need to then add a 6.5 semi mag panel setup and figure all of that shit out.
-GBPSE.
- Would fill a good DM role gun but chances are that 1. it wont be the gun I grab as its not a carbine and 2. I still Mk12 over everything else and doubt that thought process is going to die as its been that way for a LONG time. Plus there's that whole ammo redundancy thing.
- The 14 different fucking shades of FDE on it are going to fuck with my OCD.
-Variety is the spice of life.

And before you ask. You can put it away and close your trench coat, no one wants to see your KAC...

No. In my experience mk20’s are hit and miss with regards to accuracy.
Likely you’ll end up with a 6.5 KAC upper at some point any way.
How about a 14.5” 6.5 MARS LMT? Throw enough money at unclemoak and maybe he’ll put one together for you.

Can theis hook you up?
Theis was a scam.

From Brianf (the money behind Hoplite). @brianf is a completely honorable stand up guy.

"
Hoplite .. real company

R and D .. real I paid for it myself

25 or so action and rifles .. real they are in holding pattern (and they were at the expo shooting knots)

Shit hit the fan .. late November

Theis as a real name .. not so much

Theis knowledge of firearms in general .. not so much

Theis personal history/stories .. there are a few topics that he is semi-knowledgeable about but most of what was posted on this site over the past few years .. not so much, pure google searching

Theis funding hoplite .. not so much

Hoplite Bills /payables .. with in 1-2 weeks of confirmation (there were a few stragglers that I missed initially) all contacts which I was able to find contact information about were contacted verbally, informed, and refunded or paid from my personal checking account.

If there are any questions or unpaid invoices which need to be rectified please PM this account..since this account is the one writing the checks.
"

Quoted from this post.
Post in thread 'Hoplite Arms' https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/hoplite-arms.6953294/post-9981081

Not trying to bring the whole thing up again. Just informing those that might not've heard the news.