• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spend my money. Do I need a MK20? Edit: Apparently we're forming a Uboat crew now.

Do I need to buy a MK20?

• Yes

Votes: 49 46.2%
  • Yes but in 7.62x51

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • You don't need anything let alone another gun

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • No. Buy something else (which you have posted below, or Ill just ignore you)

Votes: 15 14.2%

• Total voters

Decommissioned-Foxtrot-Submarine-4.jpg

• Complement: 12 officers, 10 warrants, 56 seamen
  • Operating Depth: 246–296 m (807–971 ft)
  • Size: Length- 92 m (302 ft); Beam- 7.5 m (25 ft); Draft- 5.1 m (17 ft)
  • Endurance: 3-5 days submerged
  • Armament: 10 torpedo tubes (6 bow, 4 stern) Up to 22 torpedoes
  • Support: Complete start-up support will be provided on request
I do believe that this has been re-classified and is now one of the:

Bender Class subs.

This particular one is named the "R.V. II" or would that be "R.V. Part Deux"?

Theis was a scam.

From Brianf (the money behind Hoplite). @brianf is a completely honorable stand up guy.

"
Hoplite .. real company

R and D .. real I paid for it myself

25 or so action and rifles .. real they are in holding pattern (and they were at the expo shooting knots)

Shit hit the fan .. late November

Theis as a real name .. not so much

Theis knowledge of firearms in general .. not so much

Theis personal history/stories .. there are a few topics that he is semi-knowledgeable about but most of what was posted on this site over the past few years .. not so much, pure google searching

Theis funding hoplite .. not so much

Hoplite Bills /payables .. with in 1-2 weeks of confirmation (there were a few stragglers that I missed initially) all contacts which I was able to find contact information about were contacted verbally, informed, and refunded or paid from my personal checking account.

If there are any questions or unpaid invoices which need to be rectified please PM this account..since this account is the one writing the checks.
"

Quoted from this post.
Post in thread 'Hoplite Arms' https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/hoplite-arms.6953294/post-9981081

Not trying to bring the whole thing up again. Just informing those that might not've heard the news.
My post was sarcasm. And maybe not in good taste.

Reactions: brianf
@TheGerman if/when you get a boat don’t name it Graf Spe or the first time it sees a British warship it will kick the crew off and sink itself in the nearest South American port. 🤷‍♂️

"In Luftwaffe service, the F-104G got a bad reputation because of the large number of accidents, many of them resulting in fatalities. Intensive flying operations with the Starfighter did not start in Germany until 1961, when only two crashes took place. There were seven crashes in 1962, 12 in 1964, and 28 in 1965, or more than two a month. By mid-1966, 61 German Starfighter had crashed, with a loss of 35 pilots."

They should have listened to Erich Hartmann.

Reactions: whatsupdoc
When will you have it in hand?

I’m sure you’ve been kicking the scope / mount around. Curious which way you’re leaning? A smaller ATACRs, something like a 1-10 dual focal? What height mount? Secondary red dot? Not that this thing will ever be an assaulter but in a pinch you could probably shoot, move and communicate with it.

Will there be a reloading station in the sub? If so, what are the plans to keep the scale working properly with the listing, etc.

When will you have it in hand?

I’m sure you’ve been kicking the scope / mount around. Curious which way you’re leaning? A smaller ATACRs, something like a 1-10 dual focal? What height mount? Secondary red dot? Not that this thing will ever be an assaulter but in a pinch you could probably shoot, move and communicate with it.

Will there be a reloading station in the sub? If so, what are the plans to keep the scale working properly with the listing, etc.

Hopefully this week.

I'm sticking with the MK20 theme.

NF 3.5-10 F1 with some sort of mil/mil setup
ADM Delta 30mm 20MOA mount
ADM bipod pic rail attachment
Harris bipod
KAC front sight
SCAR rear sight
PEQ15 LA5
BFG U Loop sling attachments
Step/re profile barrel for FH762SV flash hider
Surefire RC762 suppressor (the actual SCAR suppressor is no longer available)

Have we decided which U-boat we're getting? Maybe the cartels have one we could buy. Just have to wash out all the white powder residue.

Not sure yet, but the cartels really leave alot to be desired with their uboat prowess.

Anytime I see one of the subs they have, I'm always like what in the fuck is THAT?!

We have quite a ways to go.

Hey cartel guys, if you're reading this, hit me up and we can level up that uboat game.

I had the "opportunity" to spend a few days on a diesel boat a little over a half century ago. Leaving port, we were instructed in the use of the toilets, the bunks and where the food was. The bunks were too small for a grown man, the food was better than we were used to and when they explained the operation of the toilet all our guys looked at each other with that "WTF did he just say" look. My conclusions were nobody was going to get any sleep, we were all going to eat too much and the first guy that had to shit after we submerged was going to kill us all.

Oh, if @TheGerman does secure one of these monstrosities and your stupid enough to sign on, beware. If someone wakes you from your sleep, if you can sleep, and tells you that it's time to go and it's zero dark thirty in the Atlantic tell them to GFY. You're not in for a pleasant evening boat ride.

Hopefully this week.

I'm sticking with the MK20 theme.

NF 3.5-10 F1 with some sort of mil/mil setup
ADM Delta 30mm 20MOA mount
ADM bipod pic rail attachment
Harris bipod
KAC front sight
SCAR rear sight
PEQ15 LA5
BFG U Loop sling attachments
Step/re profile barrel for FH762SV flash hider
Surefire RC762 suppressor (the actual SCAR suppressor is no longer available)

When I bought my RC2 in Dec they were everywhere. If you find you can’t source one the gun shop I used had several, in black and FDE. I’ll send the info to you if needed. They are a silencer shop a
Dealer so I’m sure they could/would form 3 it.

Decommissioned-Foxtrot-Submarine-4.jpg

• Complement: 12 officers, 10 warrants, 56 seamen
  • Operating Depth: 246–296 m (807–971 ft)
  • Size: Length- 92 m (302 ft); Beam- 7.5 m (25 ft); Draft- 5.1 m (17 ft)
  • Endurance: 3-5 days submerged
  • Armament: 10 torpedo tubes (6 bow, 4 stern) Up to 22 torpedoes
  • Support: Complete start-up support will be provided on request

Stay away

Nothing says death trap like an abandoned Russian submarine

Not sure yet, but the cartels really leave alot to be desired with their uboat prowess.

Anytime I see one of the subs they have, I'm always like what in the fuck is THAT?!

We have quite a ways to go.

Hey cartel guys, if you're reading this, hit me up and we can level up that uboat game.

Geh einfach zurück in die Heimat und frag nach Carsten Standfuß (Google translate sucks I'm sure)

Unlike the cartel shit, this thing is actually seaworthy

Last edited:
That's fine, that's not the pressure hull

You won't make it alive to 1000 feet on that............
Description says 800-970’ depth. But it’s Russian so if you put pencil a 1 in front of it she will be okay.

I voted yes, duh, but there should be another vote choice:

Niner) Is this a serious question?

If you need someone to poke stuff with a screwdriver, I are mechanic

1644288458427.jpeg

Reactions: Sandhog308
Just wondering for SCAR owners? is the recoil impulse so "severe" that only certain types of scopes, and mounts can handle it? Thanks

Just wondering for SCAR owners? is the recoil impulse so "severe" that only certain types of scopes, and mounts can handle it? Thanks

Not an owner but I have spent some time behind a 17. With the factory stock, I found the impact of whatever the fuck is reciprocating in the folding stock to be painful with 175s and 155s. To the point where both my son in law and I had swollen cheeks in my daughters wedding pictures. He has added a cheek riser to the 17 that is supposed to help significantly. He loves the damn thing and shoots it well but the 17 is not high on my list of gotta haves. I really consider the 17 an updated version of an FAL, that is a lighter but not as soft shooting.

He runs a Trijicon 1-8 and it’s held up well to several thousand rounds. As I recall, that has been one of he recommended / proven scopes over time.

The 20 may be a different beast all together. If nothing else, It looks cool as fuck.

Maybe I’d be down to play a little bit. How quick can we start an international crisis?

CNN

"And in other news, 3 Russian ships were sank in the Black Sea today. Here we have footage of a destroyer Captain discussing it with a Russian patrol submarine that has pulled along side."

"ЧТО, ЧЕРТ ВОЗЬМИ, ТАМ ПРОИСХОДИТ? ТОРПЕДЫ ПОТОПИЛИ 3 НАШИХ КОРАБЛЯ!"

"Gott - es ist, als wärst du blind! Und dumm! Sie haben zufällig keine Torpedos an Bord, die zu diesem uralten Stück Scheiße passen!?"

good news gents, i found the perfect Sub for our SH flotilla......a shortbus submarine.

View attachment 7805132

honestly, for $55K, that seems like a lot more fun that a mediocre sports car or 5 decent hookers
But can you launch yourself out of a torpedo tube. Pretty sure thats a deal breaker.

So good news:

MK20 will be at the FFL Monday
I have already located a literally BNIB Nightforce Army Spec marked optic
Other assorted MK20 correct parts are in the mail trying their hardest to make it to me
I'm also going to screw around with some 130g Berger and Hornady rounds

Bad news:

Sub guys got back to me and that sub is 'for museum use only'. I asked about a cost to make it seaworthy/submersible again and was told simply that it would cost a lot of money. My response of, 'if being able to shoot a torpedo accurately underwater is included in that more expensive price, we'll take it' for which I have not yet received a response.

good news gents, i found the perfect Sub for our SH flotilla......a shortbus submarine.

View attachment 7805132

honestly, for $55K, that seems like a lot more fun that a mediocre sports car or 5 decent hookers

Even the French would laugh at us if we showed up in that.

40m diving depth? LOL

View attachment 7805132

Does the minibar come stocked with crayons?

A byoc party then, I can dig it

You have it in hand yet? If so, initial impressions?

So change of plans. I vote we start a tank brigade. Surplus Russian tanks seem to be easy to come by right now. Can probably get some free Russian AK battlefield pick ups on the cheap also. Someone has to know a good Ukrainian hook up.

So change of plans. I vote we start a tank brigade. Surplus Russian tanks seem to be easy to come by right now. Can probably get some free Russian AK battlefield pick ups on the cheap also. Someone has to know a good Ukrainian hook up.
Is anyone here Ukrainian? We could leverage that into a giant pile of surplus arms I’m sure