• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Spotting Scope Setups - Show Em!

It’s to reduce light and glare in some lighting conditions. It also increases the depth of field.
I've seen some Fclass guys do something similar with their rifle scopes. Put a cover over the objective with a small slit in it.

I've seen some Fclass guys do something similar with their rifle scopes. Put a cover over the objective with a small slit in it.

That’s to cut out sun glare and it helps on mirage with hot barrels a bit different

I thought about taking a picture of mine last time at the range. I started laughing when I realizing I had a $180 spotting scope on a $600+ tripod. :)

I thought about taking a picture of mine last time at the range. I started laughing when I realizing I had a $180 spotting scope on a $600+ tripod. :)
That’s okay. I still see people who think a rifle scope should not cost more that the rifle.

New to this forum but here is my spotter setup.
IMG_5387.jpeg
IMG_5389.jpeg
IMG_5397.jpeg

Took some RRS Cinema Rails and end clamps to make an erector set. Works pretty well with side mount gimbal. Gonna try an Arca Swiss D4 geared head tomorrow as well.

The BTX being angled and a bino (so you can't turn it on its side like a normal angled spotter) is a challenge to use alongside other optics. So you have to keep them quite a bit above the BTX in order to use them at the same time.

IMG_3033.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 3.54.49 AM.png

Last edited:
Took some RRS Cinema Rails and end clamps to make an erector set. Works pretty well with side mount gimbal. Gonna try an Arca Swiss D4 geared head tomorrow as well.

The BTX being angled and a bino (so you can't turn it on its side like a normal angled spotter) is a challenge to use alongside other optics. So you have to keep them quite a bit above the BTX in order to use them at the same time.

View attachment 8356005

View attachment 8356039
That's some Texas sized GBPSE!

View attachment 8356005

View attachment 8356039

Looks highly impractical and uncomfortable to use at best. Not cool

That's some Texas sized GBPSE!

Will likely just use it with a similar variation and the Vector 21 sitting directly over it. Just so there's a lower than 30/35x optic for finding targets fast since the BTX isn't variable magnification.

The good news is that a lot of RRS and Arca Swiss products are built for much heavier setups in film and photography industry. So it moves and balances without any issues.

Man, these are some nice setups. I was to do something similar. Right now I’m just working with one of the few USO 15-40s that actually came out decent mounted to my Slik 700 camera tripod and a vortex ranger 1800 handheld.

Man, these are some nice setups. I was to do something similar. Right now I’m just working with one of the few USO 15-40s that actually came out decent mounted to my Slik 700 camera tripod and a vortex ranger 1800 handheld.

You'll find it hard to have a "perfect" setup unless you're running multiple pieces of glass. It's always something. Mediocre glass, mediocre reticle....etc.

Waiting for one of the new NF Spotters. Since it has a reticle and goes down to 6x, it should be a nice companion to the BTX 65 or 95.

You'll find it hard to have a "perfect" setup unless you're running multiple pieces of glass. It's always something. Mediocre glass, mediocre reticle....etc.

Waiting for one of the new NF Spotters. Since it has a reticle and goes down to 6x, it should be a nice companion to the BTX 65 or 95.
True. There will always be something. I wouldn’t mind picking up the bushnell match pro binos or splurging for geovids, but I really need to get something to combine everything like some folks here have. I was running a set of binos handheld and LRF handheld with the spotter on a tripod in the field. It became a real pain more often than not.

True. There will always be something. I wouldn’t mind picking up the bushnell match pro binos or splurging for geovids, but I really need to get something to combine everything like some folks here have. I was running a set of binos handheld and LRF handheld with the spotter on a tripod in the field. It became a real pain more often than not.

As many plates and contraptions as I have, a lot of times I just end up using one piece of glass at a time on tripod and swapping them out. But I think have the option to put a few things on a plate or rail is good to have in your pack.