• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Springfield 2020 .22LR

I got one and had it cut to 16" took it out today for the first time. Unfortunately mine is not looking very promising.. Only shot CCI Quiet ammo and was too lazy to swap a better trigger into it yet so verdict is still out.

FYI my factory trigger broke at 6 pounds 🤢. Much more shooting to come hopefully. Suppressed it sounds like a stapler! Fed perfectly too which was good.

I got one and had it cut to 16" took it out today for the first time. Unfortunately mine is not looking very promising.. Only shot CCI Quiet ammo and was too lazy to swap a better trigger into it yet so verdict is still out.

FYI my factory trigger broke at 6 pounds 🤢. Much more shooting to come hopefully. Suppressed it sounds like a stapler! Fed perfectly too which was good.
Did you slug it before cutting the barrel? What other ammo have you tried?

Did you slug it before cutting the barrel? What other ammo have you tried?
Negative on slugging. Haven't tried any other ammo yet. Putting a Timney in and will try some different velocity ammo next time out. Only have CCI but do have 3 different velocities to try.

The urge to tinker with the 2020 put one on the rack in my shop. I have the Target sage/black model and run all the ammo thru a Neal Waltz bullet profiling die. I use the Eley style flat point at .134" in diameter, dropped the trigger to 2lb and started to work with barrel pressure pointing. Random flyers and groups opening during a firing string make me think I need to find the harmonic node to settle the barrel. I ordered a EC V2 tuner for more testing. I will say 1/2" groups at 100 yards shows promise. Photo is 50 yard 10 shot ammo test and receiver torque settings.

Attachments

• 20240316_165047.jpg
    20240316_165047.jpg
    467.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 20240308_150520.jpg
    20240308_150520.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 35
I got to handle and shoot a 2020 today. A friend was having mixed results with it. We played with the torque on action screws. 22in/lb. worked the best. With Contact and SK Long Range I was getting 1/2" at 50yds. and sub 1" at 100yds. Seems to be a nice gun for less than $500.00

Trying to introduce a couple of gents to barricade shooting/rifles, I threw a bag on a chair back, had them try 10 rounds through my B14-R, CZ457MDT, and the Springfield from a modified kneeling position.
The Springfield was the darling of the day, with a fellow saying he was definitely picking one up!

Reactions: Bob the nailer