• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Spuhr Mount feedback thread with pictures.

Ok I need some help getting my first Spuhr mount. I want to get one for my new AI AT rifle to hold the Vortex HD Razor Gen II scope. I don't think I need one with built in MIL prob just get a 0 Mil one, but not sure what height? Any help would be appreciated.

I have a NF ATACR on the way to put on my Rem700 308. I have a 20MOA rail and I'm looking at a Sphur 0MOA unimount. What height should I go with?

Steyr SSG 08 & Steiner Military 5-25x56

Hi

I did this setup Spuhr mount is nice but I did not pay attention to the fact that the parallax knob will be to big therefore the leveling option is useless in my setup. Only way is to go with the higher mount but this will result in loosing vertical adjustment and I do not think this is worth it to level the scope is nothing that need to be done every day. Bubble is way to small to be useful in the field. I used this mount : SP-4601

Attachments

• 20140722_202341.jpg
    20140722_202341.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 20140722_162759.jpg
    20140722_162759.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I have a NF ATACR on the way to put on my Rem700 308. I have a 20MOA rail and I'm looking at a Sphur 0MOA unimount. What height should I go with?

I suspect the 4001 will be the go. I've got a 4001 and 4002 to try this week for my March 5-40x56 on a Tikka T3 (Roedale chassis with 20MOA rail) and the advice I have received suggests that the 4001 will be the better option as far as height is concerned.

I'm curious if you could build a leveling kit for your independent rings... I was imagining having a ~2.5 inch section of aluminum (you could use a lower grade of aluminum, as it wouldn't be a structural piece of the mount. This would help lower materials and milling costs, I suspect) roughly patterned after the center segment of your mounts. You could place the short piece of aluminum on top of the picatinny rail, and use the cut 10 degree slot much like you would your one piece mounts. Perhaps having a small lip on one side to index off of the side of the rail could ensure that the section is square and doesn't move during installation. Then, you could just remove the section after tightening the screws, leaving you with a level scope. In fact, this type of setup could be used on nearly any ring setup, so you could have a large customer base for such a product.

Is there enough room underneath a set of rings to do something along those lines?