• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Spuhr Mount feedback thread with pictures.

Hakan, which model number will work with the Nightforce BEAST? Also I have the 30mm 6 mil mount on my Nightforce NXS and a pair of 30mm rings on my Leupold Mark4. They have been great, going on a year and a half now, love them and zero issues. Only complaint is I don't have more mounts/ rings and scopes and rifles to use.

Don't know if this has been pointed out already.
A S&B PMII 3-20x50 (and, I would guess, any S&B PMII) mounted on separate (34 mm) rings does not leave enough space to use the scope levelling tool.
While the tool itself is great -- very ingenious and simple to use -- there is simply not enough place between the rail base and the large S&B scope's box bottom to insert the 10 degrees guide.
Had to do it the old school way, with bubble levels.

Beast have two alternatives either The 1" high separate rings or The 1,5" high SP-xx03b series.
sp-4003b , sp-4603b and sp-4803b

Hakan, are the rings on the SP-4602 and SP-4616 mounts the same distance apart? I just mounted up my Bushnell XRS in a SP-4602 mount and I can't get it far enough forward on the rail to accommodate my natural point of aim. This led me to look at the SP-4616 mount as it's the same height and cant as the mount I now have. The reason I ask about the rings is there isn't a lot of room between the rings and turret housings and I don't think I'd want them any closer.

A S&B PMII 3-20x50 (and, I would guess, any S&B PMII) mounted on separate (34 mm) rings does not leave enough space to use the scope levelling tool.
While the tool itself is great -- very ingenious and simple to use -- there is simply not enough place between the rail base and the large S&B scope's box bottom to insert the 10 degrees guide.

I own two Spuhr mounts with S&B's and I was able to level without issue. Now I do not have 3-20x50 so I cannot comment on that S&B model.

Not sure if this will make sense but I do remember stating low and gradually working up with level tool during level process. :confused:

Hakan, are the rings on the SP-4602 and SP-4616 mounts the same distance apart? I just mounted up my Bushnell XRS in a SP-4602 mount and I can't get it far enough forward on the rail to accommodate my natural point of aim. This led me to look at the SP-4616 mount as it's the same height and cant as the mount I now have. The reason I ask about the rings is there isn't a lot of room between the rings and turret housings and I don't think I'd want them any closer.

Not sure if I am understanding you correctly but I will follow with this.

When I first mounted my Sphur's w/ S&B's I found issue within one of two rigs where I was not able to move scope far enough forward from me to obtain my natural POA, have enough eye relief and not have bolt hit my nose. I know I did but not sure if still have that one rig's Spuhr Mount ONE notch PAST my rail. I can tell you when it was or still is like this I have NO ISSUES at all.

The Spuhr catalog recommends using rosin to increase friction in the Spuhr mounts for .300 Win Mag and up. My internet search found nothing relevant to the use of rosin with scope mounts. Perhaps you can offer some specifics regarding type, source, and correct use of rosin.

When I first mounted my Sphur's w/ S&B's I found issue within one of two rigs where I was not able to move scope far enough forward from me to obtain my natural POA, have enough eye relief and not have bolt hit my nose. I know I did but not sure if still have that one rig's Spuhr Mount ONE notch PAST my rail. I can tell you when it was or still is like this I have NO ISSUES at all.

I run a DTA SRS rifle and the forend mates up to the receiver picatinny. It isn't perfectly flush and if I run the mount up onto the forend it would make the mount set unlevel. Thanks for taking the time to try to help me with an answer though.

The Spuhr catalog recommends using rosin to increase friction in the Spuhr mounts for .300 Win Mag and up. My internet search found nothing relevant to the use of rosin with scope mounts. Perhaps you can offer some specifics regarding type, source, and correct use of rosin.

The instructions for the mount state to use rosin on high recoiling or setups that will be submitted to a lot of vibration. You can pick up the rosin at Brownells. I didn't want to order a ton of the stuff and have lots left over so I used medium strength machined surface sealant. I did this with mine as it spends a lot of time on either a atv or in my Jeep. Old CJ's ride quiet rough lol! Also don't forget to wipe the wax off your screws if you decide to use blue Loctite on them.

There was a member on here that was offering some of the Brownell's rosin to anyone that needed a little. Can't remember his screen name though.

Which model is appropriate for a TRG-42 using an ATACR, getting the objective as low as possible? And did the recoil lug issue ever get squared away?

I own two Spuhr mounts with S&B's and I was able to level without issue. Now I do not have 3-20x50 so I cannot comment on that S&B model.

Not sure if this will make sense but I do remember stating low and gradually working up with level tool during level process. :confused:
Indeed, on a one-piece mount that is not an issue at all; I was talking about separate rings, which are a great deal lower.

Indeed, on a one-piece mount that is not an issue at all; I was talking about separate rings, which are a great deal lower.

Ooops. That is why reading is so fundamental. I just re-read and you did clearly state "separate" rings. :(

...The instructions for the mount state to use rosin on high recoiling or setups that will be submitted to a lot of vibration. You can pick up the rosin at Brownells. I didn't want to order a ton of the stuff and have lots left over so I used medium strength machined surface sealant. I did this with mine as it spends a lot of time on either a atv or in my Jeep. Old CJ's ride quiet rough lol! Also don't forget to wipe the wax off your screws if you decide to use blue Loctite on them.

There was a member on here that was offering some of the Brownell's rosin to anyone that needed a little. Can't remember his screen name though.

Thank you.

Is this the mount 100-011-211WB Cantilever 34mm H37mm 6mil Mfr Part: SP4616 you're using? I'm building a Rem 300WM 5R with the 2014 AX chassis and the 4.5x27x56 Vortex HD2 and need a mount that will work.

Coanan,

Dave at Mile High was great. He thoroughly checked my specs with me to make sure I purchased what I needed.

Don't quote me on numbers as I do not have my rigs with me.

My setup required 1.3xx height to clear front AX rail with chosen scope, chassis and already built-in 20 MOA intergrated on BAT Tactical Action.

When all said and done I had about 3.2 MILs left at 100 yard zero.

sent via Tapatalk

Hakan/ or anyone who might know.
I tried searching but haven't found the answer.

I'm ordering a AI AXMC and have a Steiner T5xi 5-25x56 (should come with tenebraex covers) also coming. I'd like to know which mount to order for the setup. 4002? 4006?

Thanks in advance.

I ordered the SP-4602 to get ~40 MOA for my AXMC/PMII setup on the recommendation from Spuhr.

No more scope mounts losing zero for me, ever again:

IMG_3915.JPG

IMG_3914.JPG

Chrcoe01
how much space is between your objective and top rail?

MSTN
Which mount is that?

We'll find out on Tuesday. I ordered it based on the recommendation from Spuhr and will update with the clearance and a picture when it arrives.

Yes they are same distance apart
If you need a lower mount we also have SP-4011 that is the special mount that works as a cantilever mount as well as a straight mount also.
But it yet only comes as 0 moa and in 1,1" height.

Attachments

• SP4011.jpg
    SP4011.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 127
  • SP-4011.jpg
    SP-4011.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 10268654_10152833261184408_4898285149694599457_n.jpg
    10268654_10152833261184408_4898285149694599457_n.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 85
Which model is appropriate for a TRG-42 using an ATACR, getting the objective as low as possible? And did the recoil lug issue ever get squared away?

HI

I woudl recomend the ST-4801 if you intend to use orignal rail.
The recoillug is not a problem since we have changed to a hardened recoillugscrew.

If you prefer picatinny I would use the SP-4801

Hakan/ or anyone who might know.
I tried searching but haven't found the answer.

I'm ordering a AI AXMC and have a Steiner T5xi 5-25x56 (should come with tenebraex covers) also coming. I'd like to know which mount to order for the setup. 4002? 4006?

Thanks in advance.

Depends if you want additional tilt on what you already have on the rifle.
If you don't want any additinal tilt you can go for the SP-4006 but it will be very low and it's not certain there is sufficient room for the tenebraex covers.
Othervise go for the SP4002 that is .15" higher.

If you want additional tilt, SP-4602 as stated above gives you 20 moa additional tilt.

Which mount would you recommend for the new SSG300 18" with their fix rail and using a USO 3.2-17 44 scope. Also would like the option of a 18 or 20 MOA tilt.

Which mount would you recommend for the new SSG300 18" with their fix rail and using a USO 3.2-17 44 scope. Also would like the option of a 18 or 20 MOA tilt.

Sorry I don't have any mount for that scope.:(
We have mounts for US optics 34mm scopes but not for their 30mm.
The very long middlesection is to long for our 30mm mounts.

In Australia, can we buy direct through you Hakan?
Looking over the website, no mention to international shipping is addressed.

Thanks,

Excellent, thanks.
I do use Delta from time to time, they are top guys to deal with.
Any idea as to when the 35mm mounts will be back in stock, Ive been waiting months through delta.

Cheers,

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405506582.570122.jpg

New version Of SP-5001 and SP-5601 is now ready, and they have been out of stock to long.

Difference betwen new and old is that The new model is shorter so it accepts new Leopold and it have a cutout for springhousing on IOR.

As a matter of fact this is incorrect. Their must be something wrong with your method. I have PMII scopes and SPUHR mounts and the leveling wedges work well and have plenty of room.

As a matter of fact this is incorrect. Their must be something wrong with your method. I have PMII scopes and SPUHR mounts and the leveling wedges work well and have plenty of room.
Integral mount (which does not have this problem) or separate rings (which I am talking about)?

Integral mount (which does not have this problem) or separate rings (which I am talking about)?
Mine is integral one piece, I missed the part of your post that says you have separate rings. I apologize for my mistake.

Hey guy, I've been pouring over pages of google searches trying to get a difinitive answer for my specific application with no go so I appologize if a suitable answer has already been given but my specs as follow.

MDT TAC21 LA w/ 20MOA continuous rail paired with 30 mm Leupold Mk4 40mm obj

which mounting system would you suggest?