• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SRT Titanium .308 any owners out there?

burneyr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2006
N. Florida
Looking for feedback specific to the SRT Shadow Ti model.

Particularly the effect on <span style="font-style: italic">accuracy</span>.

Thanks!

Re: SRT Titanium .308 any owners out there?

IMHO, cant beat em, one of the quietest suppressors i've heard, no POI change with mine.
5 shot group, 3 dead nuts are what the rifle's capable of, 1 shot high and 1 shot low, my movement, shot with the SRT shadow XL ti, with the Armalite Super SASS
12300811.jpg

The SRT can is known for its accuracy and is pretty efficent.
a couple members on here that I can think of that own the 308 models are:
GOT M107
ROB01
&
csi:cyberspace

I have an SRT Universal Typhoon that I use on my 5.56 AR & a couple .22s and a TBAC 30P-1 for my 30 cal stuff.
Couldn't be happier with them both.
I was in the process of buying another SRT can for my 308 when I got the 30P-1 off a prize table at a comp.
Without a meeter, I would rate both of them the same for sound and accuracy.
The SRT product tend to be overbuilt and pretty much bomb proof though.
The 30P-1 has a little bit more of a refined & polished look to it.

Hope this information is of use to you.
Cheers...

Guys, thanks a TON for the feedback. This is exactly the kind of info I need and very helpful.

Doug made me a custom stainless steel Hurricane awhile back for a .223AI, and I have been seriously pleased with it. It has also been quite accuracy neutral as my groups are within .100" of each other with the can on or off. Granted there is a POI difference to be expected hanging a weight off the end of the barrel, but it is not excessive and the difference has been dead-nuts repeatable with zero diversions.

I just wanted to confirm this is the case with the titanium Shadow model. I am about to replace a stainless .308 can with one and Doug's product seemed a natural to go with.

I appreciate your honest evaluation, and I look forward to any other Hide opinions.

Doug's a great guy to deal with, i have a hurricane XL ti, for my 22-250, and its just as good as the Shadow, its been a hammer on them dogs.

I have an SRT Shadow XL, but not the Ti one.

I am very happy with it. I bought it from a member here gently used and its been a performer on a GAP barreled action in an AICS.

I have the Shadow Ti and Ti XL, as well as many other cans from SRT, very pleased with all of them. You will get a top performer and excellent customer service from Doug.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMHO, cant beat em, one of the quietest suppressors i've heard, no POI change with mine.
</div></div>

^ What he said. Exactly my experience with mine. And as Dr. Phil noted, they are "overbuilt" if that's possible. Absolutely (yeah, you see it coming...) bullet-proof!
smile.gif

both mine have then inconel bb, for some magnum durability.

I have both a Shadow Xl Ti and a Hurricane XL TI.

Not only is their quality, performance, and accuracy top notch, but SRT operation is clearly awesome as well.

To me an equally important aspect of buying a can is the support/service from the manufacturer. SRT's customer service is second to none. Absolutely no hiccups with respect to transfer and target dates were hit as promised in the initial order.

Considering the drama that seems all to common with suppressors I was very happy and continue to be impressed with SRT.

Guys, thanks for your assistance, got my second SRT suppressor ordered. Looking forward to receipt of the Shadow Ti. Doug is top-notch to deal with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

To me an equally important aspect of buying a can is the support/service from the manufacturer. SRT's customer service is second to none.

</div></div>

Yeah, without a doubt. I had a recent opportunity to experience the "service" of another manufacturer, and it left me cold. If I had only known, I would have bought the 308 along with the 223 from Doug.

Oh well, live and learn, die and forget it all. Appreciate the time you guys took to post and help. Snipershide is always GTG for straight-up advice.

To expand on this a little bit.

When I first began shopping for suppressors I had very little practical knowledge or experience. Went through the normal forum searches, got a membership at silencer research, read a lot and started making phone calls to manufacturers.

The results from the phone calls were far less than stellar, if a call was answered it was by someone who had no technical knowledge and was simply a front desk girl who could do no better than to promise to have someone call me back or worse yet transfer me to voice mail which would result in no returned phone call as well.

When I called SRT Doug answered. He was extremely patient and very helpful in answering questions for me and getting me directed to the correct products for my needs....even downselling me when it would have been just as easy to take my money with a smile. Once we had decided on the products I wanted he gave me accurate delivery dates right then, and then he did something very rare he met them.

He also referred me to a local FFL who he had experienced good transactions with in the past. I give direct credit to the dealer for his organization, attention to detail, and preparing pristine ATF paperwork. At a time when ATF approval was running in the 16 week range my stamps came back in about 8 weeks.

Its very easy to find suppressor manufacturers....there are plenty who make a marginal product, even more who make a decent product but have horrible to marginal business practices which affect the transaction, and a very small few who turn out exceptional product and follow a solid business practice that results in a seamless transaction.

SRT definitely fall into the latter.

Just to add to what smokshwn said, Doug is the owner, designer, and machinist at SRT. His integrity is second to none. In fact, he has recommended other manufacturers to me for products that he doesn't have experience with. For example, he doesn't make a .45 suppressor (or didn't when I was looking for one). He told me he could make a custom suppressor for me based on his Aztec baffle stack if I really asked him to, but that he thought I met be better served with another company's product as he had not developed and tested that application. He could easily have taken my cash and built what I asked for, without knowing for certain what was going to be the result. He didn't do that, and as a result, I bought one from the company he recommended and am very pleased with it. Subsequently, I have bought two more from Doug. Each time, he took the time to talk with me directly and tell me the pros and cons of each model he builds, and helped me choose the can best suited for what I was planning at the time. He is def. top shelf.