• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos SSG 7-300 WSM

Bunkerbean

Private
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2007
Kuna, ID
P4232147.jpg

P4232149.jpg

P4232152.jpg

P4232153.jpg

P4232155.jpg

P4232157.jpg

P4232158.jpg

Photobucket

Re: SSG 7-300 WSM

Awesome! I've got the same stock on it's way, just got confirmation this morning.

-Pat

Did you have to bed the stock? I've never tried it before, and was watching some how to vid on YouTube this weekend. There seemed to be a lot to it?

-Pat

I did just to tighten it up but there wasn't much play with it.

I have this same stock I put a 7 RUM in. Love this thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: He Shoot Me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome! I've got the same stock on it's way, just got confirmation this morning.

-Pat </div></div>

Thanks. I was really pleased with the job Nate did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: He Shoot Me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you have to bed the stock? I've never tried it before, and was watching some how to vid on YouTube this weekend. There seemed to be a lot to it?

-Pat </div></div>

I believe you just have to skim bed it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OUVarmintHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rig bro. What are the specs? </div></div>

Specs:
gunsmithing by Nathan Dagley at Straight Shot Gunsmithing
Brux Barrel 1:8.6 Interupted fluting, SSG muzzle brake
Phoenix Action with PTG fluted bolt
Timney trigger
Kwik Klips
TPS base and rings
Coyote Tan coating
Bell and Carlson Varmint Tactical Stock
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56mm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bunkerbean</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: He Shoot Me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you have to bed the stock? I've never tried it before, and was watching some how to vid on YouTube this weekend. There seemed to be a lot to it?

-Pat </div></div>

I believe you just have to skim bed it. </div></div>

Got it! Thanks.

I guess "skim bed it" is what it sounds like.
confused.gif
I'm so clueless, don't know if that means grinding down just a little of what it already sits on, or just trying to fill in any gaps that it sits in???

I don't even know what bedding material everyone's using. I think I'll do a little search here on the "Hide" and see what I can come-up with. I've heard a lot of guys talking about doing it themselves.

Really sweet gun!

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: He Shoot Me</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bunkerbean</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: He Shoot Me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you have to bed the stock? I've never tried it before, and was watching some how to vid on YouTube this weekend. There seemed to be a lot to it?

-Pat </div></div>

I believe you just have to skim bed it. </div></div>

Got it! Thanks.

I guess "skim bed it" is what it sounds like.
confused.gif
I'm so clueless, don't know if that means grinding down just a little of what it already sits on, or just trying to fill in any gaps that it sits in???

I don't even know what bedding material everyone's using. I think I'll do a little search here on the "Hide" and see what I can come-up with. I've heard a lot of guys talking about doing it themselves.

Really sweet gun!

-Pat </div></div>

I used this process and it turned out great. Devcon steel for the bedding.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1049988&page=1