• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Stag 10 6.5 CM

Hammerz668

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2018
Looking to buy one these, any feed back from owners, Build quality, overall impressions?

I can only speak to the Stag AR15 models; and what I say is that I like them.

I own a air of the 24" 223 Bull Barrel Varminters, one of them for about a half dozen years. It's been very accurate and completely trouble free.

My second one was built using the builders' kit and a basic stripped Stag lower receiver. Performance-wise, if I hadn't put a Luth AR MBA-1 stock on one, I wouldn't be able to tell them apart except for the multi caliber marking on the stripped receiver.

I would recommend a builders' kit for your Stag-10, it's really a very easy assembly process, starting with a factory completed Upper and BCG. The Stag-10 system is essentially DPMS Pattern which uses different pins (I think better pins), but it makes using the Stag Upper and Lower together a necessity (with which I have no problem).

My only reason for not having one already is the lack of a .260 chambering in the product line. I also really want a fairly pain-vanilla AR-10 .308, and have been weighing the Stag 10 .308 versions for some time. Of course a Stag-10 .308 with a .260 swap barrel/upper is not such a terrible solution, either.

Greg

I have one in lefty. Fit and finish are great, factory trigger is pretty good.

Had some FTF's within the first 20 rounds but it has since settled in. Total round count at 96. Only shot factory loads but Hornady Match 140gr shoots well and American Gunner is okay (good for price).

My only warning would be to call for lead time, mine was around 3-4 months but I ordered right after Black Friday and expected it.

I've had a couple Lefty's, a carbine in 5.56 for maybe 10 years & a heavy barrel 5.56 for 5, They have run perfectly on all ammo and are solid, zero failures of any kind. I would get an AR 10 and have no concerns, in fact maybe I will.