• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stag Pursuit-named appropriately

Ace562

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2019
KS
I was excited to see that STAG was releasing a new bolt gun at shot show. Was is the operative word there. Don’t get me wrong, the modular stock design is intriguing for sure. But 4 colors FDE, Black, ODG, Grey. And then it’s as if they just slapped as many of the after market style extras as they could with wreck-less abandon. Spigot type mount? Bravo-esque stock? I know I’m not in a marketing department, and I don’t have my finger directly on the pulse of consumer demand. But if it was me, with a company that wanted to take a first step into a whole new market, I’d want to make a name in there by creating something innovative instead of an amalgamation of google key search terms for hip rifle accessories. They had a chance to hit the ground with something that people could admire, instead of trying to check all the boxes on the current trends. Naming it pursuit was appropriate for sure, they are Pursuing all the “greatest hits” of 2022. It’s a disappointment to me, and I’ll admit I’m a dunce. So perhaps my opinion is mine alone. Agree to disagree, but I feel the release is at the least underwhelming.

Ran across the rifle online yesterday. Looks to be a great factory option for a hunting rifle. Anyone put hands on one yet?

Ran across the rifle online yesterday. Looks to be a great factory option for a hunting rifle. Anyone put hands on one yet?

Yup. It's an OEM Solus action. Feels pretty nice, truthfully. I think I'd prefer a standard stock or a mini-chassis style setup, but it's definitely functional.

Reactions: rookie7