• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner M7Xi 4-28x56

The M7 feels more robust and the turrets are larger diameter giving the feeling of an overall larger package even though it really isn't. The T6 is an absolute home run at its price point. The M series scopes have suffered from unit to unit variance and as such you may get one that the glass looks phenomenal and another that is about on par with the T6 - which makes you wonder why you are paying more money... Nothing wrong with the M7 but it doesn't quite get on par with the Alpha scopes optically.
Many thanks, Lone Range, can definitely get alot of other things...incl. range time with that extra $1k - best to ya !

I don’t really think the m7xi gets enough love as they had so much sample variance. I out of the zp5, pmii, ziess s5, m7xi, mk5 that I’ve seen. Honestly the m7 was my favorite turrets. Fit and finish was amazing too. I’ve seen 4 or 5 different samples. 3 were great, 1 was okay l, and 1 was a turd. The optical design was just pushed too hard imo. If the scope was a 4-20 It would have been a great scope. And I would still have one. They are a tank of a scope. Past 20 power they just fall apart. If someone has one that they think is a bit crappy in those upper power range. Try running the diopter app the way in. When ever I had my diopter set as any other scope it would take on a little more ca and seem out of focus. Kinda weird but that was my fix on one of the scopes. The 2.9-20 I think is a little bit of a more desirable scope imo. I think that design is a litter better. Under 12-16 power I think it rivals a tangent and the zp5. Low light it rocks too. In the end I sold mine as I was put off by the crappy top end for the price. For 3500-4000 I don’t think it’s a good deal. For 2000-2500? Yes everyday of the week if the sample is good. The coyote brown color is beautiful in person. Wish stiener would do a genii or a m6xi honestly. Until then I’m sticking with a old 5-25 pmii and a zp5.

I some what agree, I've got the ZP5 525 and the m7xi 428. yes the zp5 is better optically.
but i really do like the steiners fit and finish. turrets are great , mag ring is nice, durable etc.
24-28x is noticeably down but not unusable. Agree on the price point though

I some what agree, I've got the ZP5 525 and the m7xi 428. yes the zp5 is better optically.
but i really do like the steiners fit and finish. turrets are great , mag ring is nice, durable etc.
24-28x is noticeably down but not unusable. Agree on the price point though
Yeah some days I regret selling my m7. But at the end of the day I can’t afford to keep them all and I like to try new scopes.

Primary reason for me selling my M7Xi was reticle choices. If they offered it with the SCR variants that the T6 offers, I'd probably still have one. That and if the parallax came down under 25yds. I could pick out a lot of detail on steel plates at 500 yds that I couldn't resolve with other scopes, and the turrets were awesome.

Reactions: Tikkaguy
Good afternoon, quick question, I currently have an M7xi 4-28x56. I got a really good deal on it, like it, though it may not perform as well at max magnification for paper target shooting like benchrest competitions (I use the same rifle for all kinds of stuff, PRS, etc.).

I have access to a really nice deal on the Vortex Razor 6-36 Gen III. Is the Razor a step up, or is the M7xi close enough it's not worth switching?

I have both, I like them each for different things. The optically the glass on the Gen 3 is better….

But I keep both around for different things.

Reactions: Bravo6
Good afternoon, appreciate your feedback, I went ahead and bought the Vortex Razor 6-36 for my Precision Rimfire and am going to keep the M7xi and move it to my long range Tikka UPR to replace a Razor LHT I had on it. Thanks again

Reactions: Tikkaguy
Good afternoon, appreciate your feedback, I went ahead and bought the Vortex Razor 6-36 for my Precision Rimfire and am going to keep the M7xi and move it to my long range Tikka UPR to replace a Razor LHT I had on it. Thanks again
Glad you bought both.

How does the glass on the razor compare to the Steiner up to 18x?

Reactions: Bravo6
Glad you bought both.

How does the glass on the razor compare to the Steiner up to 18x?
Hey Gil, I don't have the Razor 6-36 yet, just ordered it today, I don't feel qualified enough to do a good comparison, but I'll give you my impressions in a few weeks

Reactions: Gil P.