• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner scopes, here to stay?

Sig33

Private
Minuteman
Oct 4, 2012
Southern Cal
Hey guys, looking at a few scopes for my new rifle build. One of the serious contenders is the Steiner 5-25. I know they are nowhere near a new company overall but, as far as I can tell, they are fairly new (a couple years maybe) into the scope market. Just wondering what your guys opinion is to their longevity within the market. Are they here to stay?

The main reason being, I don't want to buy a scope and then have it go the way of Premier and loose support and warranty services...

Thanks,

Sig

Tangent picked up premiere service and warranty so not a good comparison. Steiner isn't going anywhere I doubt.

Ummm.... Steiner has been making top end binoculars since 1950. They are not going anywhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Killswitch, I did not know that, thanks for the info. Good to hear.

QuickDraw, I understand they are not a new company. I was more wondering about their line of scopes, not their binos.

Thanks for the quick repsonses.

I had their 5-25x and really liked it a lot...would definitely buy another (and hope to) in the future. I talked to one of their reps at Trigger Time's open house last weekend and they do have a new scope that sounds really awesome that they'll be announcing next month, ready by late summer IIRC. I'll let them spill the beans, but I'm VERY interested!

I bought their 4-16x and have been impressed with the quality of the glass already (I have a US Optics 5-25x ER-25 TPAL that I am comparing it to). They have a large booth this year at Shot Show also - so they look legit and the way they are bringing their product to the market - seems they are in it for the long haul!

i have been using their 10X40 bino's for years,
needed a scope, so just received my Steiner 3X15 50mm
MSR ... so hope they are here to stay ..

now to find rings :) but for now carved a piece of wood
and some duct tape ... LOLOLOLOL

Someone convince them to make a light-tac style scope

i have a 5-25x50.
excellent scope

only negative i have is that i woiuld like to see the reticule thinned down at the center region.
i understand they are going to be fixing this with a new design.
when they do, i will have mine replaced.

other than that, top notch all the way.
and yes, they have been making high end binoculars - for years now.

COfox,

Spill the beans dude, killin me.

Steiner unveiled their new scope at the Cup this past weekend. It's bad-ass for sure! The new reticle is amazing. They put two on the prize table. It's a 5-25x, German glass, lower profile turrets, mil/mil, built in CO USA and under $2,000!!!! The second turn indicator is really cool and innovative. It will be available September they said. I'm buying one. There is a 3-15x (IIRC) coming then too.

Steiner unveiled their new scope at the Cup this past weekend. It's bad-ass for sure! The new reticle is amazing. They put two on the prize table. It's a 5-25x, German glass, lower profile turrets, mil/mil, built in CO USA and under $2,000!!!! The second turn indicator is really cool and innovative. It will be available September they said. I'm buying one. There is a 3-15x (IIRC) coming then too.

Any idea when they will post this new scope to their website/release official details? I'm really interested. From your description it sounds like a sweet deal.

Any idea when they will post this new scope to their website/release official details?

No I don't. I would imagine they will shortly, now that they've released the "cat from the bag". The reticle is a cross between the H2CMR (but w/o the hollow mil-dots)...think 0.2-mil hash marks, the MSR...think floating center + (but smaller/thinner than MSR), the NF MOAR, and the G2. It's really a user input product and is really the best of everything into one.

Here to stay for sure and an excellent scope.
Looking forward to what comes from Steiner in the future.

Last edited:
I will post more information on the new T5Xi scopes shortly. It will be minus some specs but the meat of it will be in there including some ret info and pics of course.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I am looking forward to some picks and specks. I had the 4-16 and wanted to down size into something with about the same magnification. I liked everything about the scope but the size. I am looking for 2 scopes for some builds coming my way soon. I will have to wait and see what is coming and use something i have on hand at the time.

Steiner Shooting Team's Facebook page has photos of scope and reticle now. I was wrong about some resemblence to the G2...i thought i recalled a christmas tree, but there is none. Sorry, still groggy after the Cup!

I'm anxiously awaiting the details / pics. I'm in a quandary as to what scope I'll purchase next; will it be a Steiner 5 - 25 or a Vortex HD Gen II RAZOR (4.5 - 27)? Any thoughts / concerns? How about customer service, etc?