• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Still using Traditional Mil Dot Rets, am I just old fashioned???

HOGTOOTH5R

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2011
DFW, TEXAS
Hi guys, just wondering how many of you still use/prefers the traditional Mil Dot Reticles with the Four Dots Per Line setup? I see all these Highspeed Holdover Christmas Tree and Hashmark Lined Reticles turning up day in and day out. Is there a market left for the old warhorse Mil Dot Reticles? I understand the importance and advantages of the Front Focal Plane setup, but how much more advantage does all of that other reticle clutter in the scope have over the simple four dots???

Just want to hear your thoughts and preferences.

Thanks!

HOG.

I like the Gen 2 mildot and didn't see any reason to switch until I got an H2CMR reticle and love it. I can't do the chrimmus tree reticles, but hold overs with the H2CMR are very easy.

I personally like the Gen 2 Mil Dot as well. It seems to be a great improvement over the Traditional Mil Dot. I think as for the new Generation Hold Over Tree Style Rets my limit stops with the Bushnells G2DMR Reticles. The Horus Stuff are just too much of a clutter at that point.