• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Stock inletting

LongrangeHawk

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
Radcliff, KY
I recently bought the Badger detachable magazine system for a Remington 700 I have used up until now with a hinged floor plate. I use a B&C tactical stock with a aluminum bedding system that is installed from the factory. Is there a logical reason to utilize the two pillars that came from Badger Ordnance? Or would I be just fine with the setup I have minus the normal inletting that is required for a good tight fit.

Re: Stock inletting

No pillars needed, but you will need a mill to inlett the B&C, and it aint going to be easy.

And you need to make sure that the bottom metal height is set at the proper distance. The badger pillars usually do that so you need to make sure you stay the same distance with them in the new block.

Dude, send your stock to Jeff at CDI Precision. He will inlet your B&C perfectly and his prices are so reasonable you can't afford to not have him do it. And his turn around time is extremely quick.