• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock Market

EDD41A6C-F604-4EBB-B5E5-D10A54270F43.jpeg

E259562E-DD55-45C4-BAD1-114812C729E6.jpeg
3FEA16EC-6898-411E-BC8E-C8C4BC05BB79.jpeg

BlackRock will invest your retirement fund in Ukraine.... Think about that.

I don't necessarily agree with everything Zeihan says, but I do pay attention because he's damn smart, well-informed, and good at critical thinking.

With regards to the thrust of this thread, I'd use his predictions about China to form reasonable expectations of risk with regards to investing in companies with Chinese exposure (on either the consumption or supply side). There's a non-zero chance that trade either ceases or is severely disrupted in the next decade. It'd also be interesting to see how many companies have a large portion of their cash reserves banked in China right now.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
I don't necessarily agree with everything Zeihan says, but I do pay attention because he's damn smart, well-informed, and good at critical thinking.

With regards to the thrust of this thread, I'd use his predictions about China to form reasonable expectations of risk with regards to investing in companies with Chinese exposure (on either the consumption or supply side). There's a non-zero chance that trade either ceases or is severely disrupted in the next decade. It'd also be interesting to see how many companies have a large portion of their cash reserves banked in China right now.
Yeah, I have always been interested in how much cash Tesla has in China. Obviously, a lot is used for ops but I imagine there is a lot of exposure left. You can’t do much to hedge it. I figure they have a good organization structure to where Tesla China pays service and HQ cost, royalties, etc to get money out.

Reactions: E. Bryant
A "Generator"..... ?

IMG_8187.JPG
IMG_8188.JPG

Reactions: babyguppy
A "Generator"..... ?

View attachment 8050621
View attachment 8050624

I love how it's all the new thing to call these things "generators"
I guess expensive huge heavy battery pack is not a catchy name?

FLINT, Mich. — General Motors plans to invest nearly $1 billion in four U.S. plants to support production of components for electric vehicles as well as its next generation of V-8 engines, signaling gas-powered trucks and performance cars are here for the foreseeable future.

FLINT, Mich. — General Motors plans to invest nearly $1 billion in four U.S. plants to support production of components for electric vehicles as well as its next generation of V-8 engines, signaling gas-powered trucks and performance cars are here for the foreseeable future.
37% of that is going to EV CAPEX. :ROFLMAO:

excellent news

Will that robot have the capability to locate a charging station and plug himself in ?
Similar to a lion locating a watering hole in the Sahara during a drought ?
Is the robot shielded against an EMP ?
Looks like an awful lot of small parts in order to make it function.
Can that robot assemble another duplicate robot using parts provided ?
Is that robot loaded with AI ?
Where is the battery ?
Can the battery be a quick remove / replace set up ?
Competition ?

Last edited:
Will that robot have the capability to locate a charging station and plug himself in ?
Similar to a lion locating a watering hole in the Sahara during a drought ?
Is the robot shielded against an EMP ?
Looks like an awful lot of small parts in order to make it function.
Can that robot assemble another duplicate robot using parts provided ?
Is that robot loaded with AI ?
Where is the battery ?
Can the battery be a quick remove / replace set up ?
Competition ?

I totally understand... I have that thought at renewal time. At this point in time the only thing that keeps me renewing is the Prescription Drug Department. Most old people never research what country their drugs are manufactured. I look at every one. Across the board (but not 100%) Costco supplies meds made in America, Canada and some other top rated countries. I can tell a difference on some of the meds I take. Walgreens, Walmart and some of the Mom and Pop Drug Stores bring in Prescription Meds made in India (Dr. Reedy's Lab,) or prescription meds made in China...

Some will chime in and remind us that drugs are made up of different "compounds" and there is no way for a non-layman to know which of the many countries Prescription Meds come from. When old age and hard livin' catches up to you and there is a Prescription Med that is keeping you alive, you will look a bit closer.

I don't know if the pharmacy laws are different where you live, but in TX you don't have to have a membership to use the pharmacy. Might be worth looking into.

I have been saying this (Headline Below) for over a year. USA has dumped more money (per-capita) into frivolous crusades than any other country in the world. This administration and the career politicians continue to dump money and run the printing presses wide open. They are borrowing money to give away..
The FED Reserve is having no effect on inflation or the prices that have risen and are locked in for the rest of our lives.
You will die of old age while waiting for prices to come down.

Goldman says non-U.S. stocks will beat the S&P 500 this year​

so people are buying Russian oil and selling it at a HUGE profit to China and India? (not in article, just a rant)
China and India then take their products and sell it to us.. with so much as a reach around. ahhh .. good ol biden and the democrats

so people are buying Russian oil and selling it at a HUGE profit to China and India? (not in article, just a rant)
China and India then take their products and sell it to us.. with so much as a reach around. ahhh .. good ol biden and the democrats
And China buy's gold with the profits:
The central bank of China has acquired another 30 tons of gold in December, bringing the communist nation’s total public gold holdings to 2,010 tons.

We are all being forced to deal with AI (artificial intelligence) when we email a company like Amazon or a Health Insurance company when we phone or email them.
Here is what I see AI accomplishing 1) It forces a customer to solve his own problem by frustrating him ... or 2) Forces a customer to simply go to a different source for his needs. As you can tell, I am not a big fan of AI... However the young people are following AI down the Rabbit Hole.

Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer have a lot of interest in buying Tesla for the first time. However, they both speak as if they missed the boat already.

Reactions: Earnhardt
We are all being forced to deal with AI (artificial intelligence) when we email a company like Amazon or a Health Insurance company when we phone or email them.
Here is what I see AI accomplishing 1) It forces a customer to solve his own problem by frustrating him ... or 2) Forces a customer to simply go to a different source for his needs. As you can tell, I am not a big fan of AI... However the young people are following AI down the Rabbit Hole.
Lays off thousands of white collar - notice all the tech companies laying off? AI+ML > techies

Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer have a lot of interest in buying Tesla for the first time. However, they both speak as if they missed the boat already.

Dead Cat Bounce........... Look at the volume. Rats leaving a sinking ship. Short it at 150 and ride it down to 100... Take the money and run... Don't get greedy.......... Don't look back.
1674508122066.png

America is falling farther behind at every turn in the road. This is where handing out free money gets a country.

U.S. stocks have fallen far short of their global peers over the past three months, a rarity in recent years, and analysts expect this divergence to widen over the course of 2023.
As of Tuesday morning, the Russell 3000 benchmark for the entire U.S. stock market was up by 6.3% over the three-month period since October 24, while the S&P 500 was up 4.62%.

This makes way more sense than a buyback, regardless of what the Twitter bagholders were saying just a couple of months ago. I like it.

Interesting that Blackstone is "cashing in" at a time like this......... Cash is King.

Blackstone is in talks to sell around half of its stake in India's largest real estate investment trust Embassy Office Parks to private equity firm Bain Capital, two sources said, in a deal worth up to $480 million at current prices.

For Blackstone, it's about cashing in.
If a deal is completed with Bain, Blackstone would have sold units worth $1.4 billion in the Embassy REIT over the last three years, said the first source.

This makes way more sense than a buyback, regardless of what the Twitter bagholders were saying just a couple of months ago. I like it.
They can do both.

Tesla earnings day.

Reactions: Earnhardt
Elon would have to sell a lot more cars to generate that much money to be building new facilities.
Where is the money coming from to pay for all of these expansions ?
The old saying "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".
Inflation reduction act is probably kicking in a good amount. You know, to reduce inflation. 🐒

• Sad
Elon would have to sell a lot more cars to generate that much money to be building new facilities.
Where is the money coming from to pay for all of these expansions ?
The old saying "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".
We will see what they report today but they had ~$15B in cash on their balance sheet end of Q3.