• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock Market

Looking at my portfolio and the market - so obvious that 7 or so stocks are carrying the whole market. Many stocks/ETFs/etc. are at 52 week lows. But we are not in a recession, etc.
Big money is playing it by manipulating those "Index Funds"... they can get together and run up two or three stocks and keep the index up.
Only the code talkers know which 3 they will run up tomorrow.
There is no recession and inflation has been reeled in......:ROFLMAO:

Akio Toyoda is going to have a long and satisfying I-told-you-so moment.
Whoever thinks EV adoption is a straight line is wrong. The trend is up; many peaks and troughs of growth to come.

The key data point to look at is, how many EV owners in the market for a new vehicle are looking at ICE.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
As volatility increases, a term to pay attention to is "speculative leverage".
1698490881330.png

Another leading indicator:

Oct 31 (Reuters) - Caterpillar (CAT.N) reported a double-digit rise in profit on Tuesday, beating Wall Street estimates on solid construction equipment sales in North America, but its shares slid in early trading on signs of slowing machinery demand.
The Texas-based manufacturer's shares fell as much as 6.3% as dealer inventories rose for the third-consecutive quarter at the same time Caterpillar's order backlog shrunk, indicating that equipment demand may have peaked.

1698764287743.png

Reactions: S3th
A simple and transparent way management can determine when it is an opportunistic time to commence a share buyback is simply by looking at the stock price's current % deviation from its 200-day moving average. Enphase's share repurchase will prove to be very accretive. Additionally, following a 200 DMA (or 50 DMA in my case) has shown to be a prudent method of portfolio management.

1698793256349.png
1698793542156.png

There is an extraordinary story to be told when you purchase shares with free cash flow and a growing financial outlook. When you don't, you end up like RAYTHEON. A blistering $20B+ in share repurchases over the last 10 years with near no share price appreciation and staggeringly flat financials.

12/31/13: $56.6B in revenue, $5.7B in net income, 15% operating margin, operating cash flow per share $2.65, free cash flow per share $2.08
09/30/23: $67.1B in revenue, $3.2B in net income, 5% operating margin, operating cash flow per share $2.23, free cash flow per share $1.89

1698796412523.png

I'll just throw this out for discussion. What if a group makes a half decent offer to take this company private ?
Not just LICY but any of the other's that are hitting bottom.
I ask because a company Tonix Pharmaceuticals (TNXP) bought a large tract of land near my place a few years back with big plans to build a plant. Cashed in a lot of credits, grants, etc. Last year they finally put in a double wide office trailer but it has sat vacant for almost 18 months. No activity on the property.

There is an extraordinary story to be told when you purchase shares with free cash flow and a growing financial outlook. When you don't, you end up like RAYTHEON. A blistering $20B+ in share repurchases over the last 10 years with near no share price appreciation and staggeringly flat financials.

See also GM, Boeing, etc.

What's impressive is that RTX is trading at a PE of about 38x, so knock that down to a reasonable PE in a 5% annual ROR and it looks even shittier. Pretty sad for a company that sucks on the government teat.

I'll just throw this out for discussion. What if a group makes a half decent offer to take this company private ?
Not just LICY but any of the other's that are hitting bottom.
I ask because a company Tonix Pharmaceuticals (TNXP) bought a large tract of land near my place a few years back with big plans to build a plant. Cashed in a lot of credits, grants, etc. Last year they finally put in a double wide office trailer but it has sat vacant for almost 18 months. No activity on the property.
The fact that LiCY has adopted a psn pill makes me believe they have secured financing or some other arrangement. (or that their cash runway is still significantly long). I am fine if someone wants to come purchase them, I am sure the offer will have to be north of $1B.

ENPH sold off after hours on terrible SolarEdge's earnings... these are not the same. Enphase increased gross margins from 46% to 48% in Q3. SolarEdge decreased from 32% to 20%.

ENPH sold off after hours on terrible SolarEdge's earnings... these are not the same. Enphase increased gross margins from 46% to 48% in Q3. SolarEdge decreased from 32% to 20%.
There are a lot of nervous investors and fund managers out there.
Not one of them has a crystal ball or is willing to put their money where their mouth is.
If you have a ton of money that is just laying around then follow Cramer's advice... LOL :ROFLMAO:
His 3 picks for today have trended down for the past 5 months with a bounce today.

Last edited:
Meanwhile at GM, we're learning that Mary Berra and Mark Reuss should be asked to clean out their desks and start preparing for the shareholder lawsuits:

Those two get paid $45 million/year for this sort of shitty decision-making. I could do a similarly poor job for half as much and the headlines would be far more amusing.

One more smart CEO that will 'take the money and run" rather than ride the upcoming train wreck.

Whitney Wolfe Herd, founder and CEO of the dating app Bumble, is stepping down from her role at the helm of the company early next year.
Bumble requires women to make the first move with dating prospects, and Wolfe Herd founded the company in 2014 as a way to create an empowering and safe online dating space. She will be succeeded by Lidiane Jones, CEO of
Salesforce’s cloud-based messaging platform Slack, on Jan. 2, 2024, according to a company release Monday.

LOL

“This is the ultimate answer for the battery-electric truck. No one else has got anything else like it,” Kuniskis told reporters during an event. “This is going to be a game changer for battery-electric trucks.”

LOL

“This is the ultimate answer for the battery-electric truck. No one else has got anything else like it,” Kuniskis told reporters during an event. “This is going to be a game changer for battery-electric trucks.”

“The Ramcharger is not a PHEV,” Kuniskis said. “It’s a battery-electric truck with its own onboard, high-speed charger.”

Uhhh... initial thought is that this going to quickly ruin the battery lol. The 145-mile range battery will be drained to zero then a generator will kick on to charge the battery while also discharging through the battery to power the vehicle. Who would buy this over a hybrid? Guarantee that this will be significantly more expensive than hybrids currently on the market.

Tesla teasing a $25kish model out of their German factory again. That would be significant.

The 145-mile range battery will be drained to zero then a generator will kick on to charge the battery while also discharging through the battery to power the vehicle.
It's more likely to send power directly to the motors and only sending excess to charge battery.

Reactions: Lightning8
Perhaps rent one for a few days before buying.

Long way from rural Georgia. I am fine with my ICE pickups and Outback. But game changer for Tesla stock if they can sell at $25kish

“The Ramcharger is not a PHEV,” Kuniskis said. “It’s a battery-electric truck with its own onboard, high-speed charger.”

Uhhh... initial thought is that this going to quickly ruin the battery lol. The 145-mile range battery will be drained to zero then a generator will kick on to charge the battery while also discharging through the battery to power the vehicle. Who would buy this over a hybrid? Guarantee that this will be significantly more expensive than hybrids currently on the market.
This thing is most certainly a PHEV - a series hybrid, to be exact. It's the sort of thing that sounded good 20-25 years ago, before Toyota demonstrated the superiority of the "power split" architecture that was later pretty much perfected by GM in the form of the Two Mode hybrid powertrain for pickups and large SUVs, and the Voltec powertrain in the Volt which could function as a series or parallel hybrid depending upon conditions. This shit worked really well, but didn't fit the narrative of eliminating liquid hydrocarbon fuels.

It makes way more sense to drain the battery on a daily basis than it does to carry around excessive pack capacity that's only accessed on occasion; the techniques for managing pack life under such conditions are fairly well understood nowadays (if you doubt this to be the case, then don't hold out much hope for something like the Tesla Semi). On a related note, Toyota and GM went back and forth on battery sizing and daily depth-of-discharge for about a decade. Toyota favored something with a range of around 10 miles so that the pack would be completely discharged by the majority of commuters; GM preferred a pack with 40ish miles range to capture the driving distance of most commuters. Judging by the spec of the latest Prius Prime PHEV, GM won that argument.

I do not believe there is a single manufacturer of an electric vehicle that recommends you deplete your battery to 0%. Most suggest maintaining a state of charge of no less than 10%-20%. Maybe they are using a different battery chemistry for this purpose or their "0%" is not a true 0%.

It's more likely to send power directly to the motors and only sending excess to charge battery.
“There’s no connection between the engine and the wheels,” he said. “The gas generator is only there to charge the battery.”