• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Stock question...

dreamdrummr

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2009
Hammond, Louisiana
I hope this is posted in the correct forum.
Hello all.
I recently bought a Remington 700 SPS Tactical and want to replace the stock but I'm still up in the air about which one.
My question is: For those who has a 700, which stock did you go with? I like the hogue stock, but its not stiff enough. I was even wondering if there was something that could be done to it, but dont know if its worth the trouble if I can get a new one thats already set up.
Why did you choose the one you have, and what are the pros and cons?
I'm looking at the Mcmillians and the H&S, but I'm wide open. I know I want a "stock" looking stock, I'm lot looking for the ones with the adjustable cheeck piece, etc.
Any info will be greatly appreciated...

Jimmy

Re: Stock question...

Check out Bell & Carlson I like mine alot. Go to stockys they Cary all of there line. If there out of stock they still come in preaty fast. I think there just as good as an HS. Just my opinion. It's very stiff I like the aluminum bedding block and the price is not to bad.

Perhaps get a LTR or 700P take-off stock here. They can usually be had for $200 or a little more.

I have the HS, a McMillan A5, and a Manners T4A. My next stock will be another Manners as I think they are the best bang for the buck in premium stocks. Great quality and customer service. Their prices are lower than McMillan and the lead time is significantly less.

It's personal preference. You need a stiff stock. My preference it McM A5, but most of the upper end HS Precision stocks are good, as are the Manners stocks. Also factor in price and availability.

i dont know why there isnt more love for the HS precision stocks.
i guess theyre basic but rock solid. + tons to be found used.

McMillan, Manners, HS Precision, AICS, B&C. All fine and I'm sure I've missed quite a few. I kinda' like the fact that an HS Precision stock is made in such a way that you can get away without bedding... Although bedding is ALWAYS recommended.