• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Stolen rifle southern Colorado

What cartridge is it chambered for?
What color is the stock?
If you have a picture you could post?

bummer, good luck.
was it stolen from the line?
i shoot alone, so this is always a concern if i have to leave the line to use the head.

SS bbl green spider web factory stock.
Stock rifle off the shelf, chambered in 308win. Yes from the line. Filed a report with CC Sheriff's office with s/n.

I live in Gunnison. Really sorry to hear this.

Was just swapping stories with other guys at our local gun club about members who had inadvertently left a gun at the range and we got it back to them. In my own case, pulled into the empty parking lot of my local gun club. Noticed a nice metal pistol case just sitting there. Had three very expensive pistols in there. Took the case home with me and posted my name and contact info. on club bulletin board. A couple of days later got a call from an older gentleman who was very relieved to learn that I had his guns. Had been loading up his truck, put the pistol case down, then loaded up some other stuff. Hadn't noticed the case was still on the ground and drove off.

I assume this was at a public range.

We as a community sure don't need theft from fellow shooters. We have enough enemies from outside to deal with. That's really sorry. Hopefully somehow they will get caught.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I was shooting at a membership range with my son on a week day.

Only ones there, another person pulled up got out and started plinking with a 30-30 Winchester with open sights at the 100 yard range.

I called the range cold.
The guy had no gear, bags or targets and was shooting offhand standing.

Said he was shooting at leftover clay pieces. I sent my adult son downrange to change targets.

I tucked my shirt behind my sidearm and the guy abruptly left.

I hate thieves.