• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stolen valor experience…to save someone else under $100..

TurboTrout

Two Star General
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2020
East Coast
Whole lot of what the fuck

I’m on a trip with a co worker

We end up having to get hotel rooms, company pays for it

He remarks that mid to low 200 a night is way too much, even though this is a vacation destination type place, says we should get rooms at some roach inn, I’m like “homie don’t play that game”

He instantly asks if I have a hotel app, says all you need to do select the gov rate discount (for Mil FD PD) and if you check in on the app you won’t be asked for your gov ID….as he’s never worked for gov

This same person won’t work on a Sunday as he needs to go to church…I don’t think Jesus would stolen valor a fucking hotel room to save his company a few bucks a night 🤷‍♂️

He booked his shady way, I just used my hotel member status and booked a room like a normal honest person

Oddly enough I have found a high percentage of hard core church goers tend to be of iffy character

Oddly enough I have found a high percentage of hard core church goers tend to be of iffy character
I agree.
Years ago a then workmate and his wife were staunch church goers.
Yet both had multiple theft convictions against them. Mostly stealing from employers.
He said that he had no problems with that as every Sunday they went to church, said they had sinned and asked for forgiveness.
Then that meant they were now blameless and could happily continue on stealing for the next week.
Used the church as a crutch to support their crappy lifestyle.
He had no shame about the offences, as after all...they had been forgiven!
She was sacked from 3 jobs for stealing from employer.
He was sacked from our work for stealing from the staff canteen fund...then went on to get a job with Armourguard as a Bank cash deliverer (because he had a cobber who ran that business, and was a fellow church goer).
Wow...great temptation there.
Yes, sadly the church does become a tool to be used by some.

He remarks that mid to low 200 a night is way too much, even though this is a vacation destination type place, says we should get rooms at some roach inn, I’m like “homie don’t play that game”

He instantly asks if I have a hotel app, says all you need to do select the gov rate discount (for Mil FD PD) and if you check in on the app you won’t be asked for your gov ID….as he’s never worked for gov

This same person won’t work on a Sunday as he needs to go to church…I don’t think Jesus would stolen valor a fucking hotel room to save his company a few bucks a night 🤷‍♂️

He booked his shady way, I just used my hotel member status and booked a room like a normal honest person

“Now, I’m a Christian man” is a sure fire way to know that what is about to be said is some seriously unchristian shit.

“Now, I’m a Christian man” is a sure fire way to know that what is about to be said is some seriously unchristian shit.

I always love the " I'm a God fearing man" to somehow validate their credibility. When hear that while trying to do an online transaction I immediately think scam.

Reactions: diggler1833
I used to work insurance claims. Some of my worst claims were with preachers. They let it be known up front that they were preachers. Every claim with those people went south fast. They wanted more than they were owed, wanted upgrades and wanted insurance to pay for it, changed their story. It goes on and on. Every. Single. Time
My motto is -if you have to tell me you are a Christian, you're probably not a very good one

Reactions: geek65

Did you call him on it? Or just complain on the forum?

A portion of the money from the state lottery goes to scholarships and helps pay for the free two years of junior college or something.
Before the people of TN voted to have a lottery their were many on both sides. In this area the majority were against it and were pretty vocal about it. One particular person had signs at his store and in his front yard against the lottery. When his child graduated from high school I asked him where she was going to college. He said that she was going to start at the local community college to use the lottery money. I asked him if he thought that was a bit hypocritical? He said that he was using the devil's money for something good.
When a local county was trying to pass the liquor by the drink bill so that Applebee's and a few other places would open up in the county. The churches were all against it. During that time the wife and I went to a chain steak house in Knoxville. As we were seated we noticed several of the pastors of those churches sitting there eating. So I guess it's okay to support them as long as.... No one sees you doing it? I guess they didn't believe that "God sees you " they preach on Sunday.

Reactions: TurboTrout
Many of the sky-fairy crowd are some of the most immoral and judgmental folks I've known.

I have friends that many would cross the street to avoid, who are the kindest and most generous people I've ever met.

I will point out here that...

In order to have a counterfeit, you necessarily must have a genuine... Jesus is the only human being ever to be perfect. The rest of us... not so much. Christian believers still have a sin nature, and struggle with it every day. Despite our failings, shortcomings, sins, etc. we ARE forgiven, and in the world to come we will live forever, and ever, and ever, and ever.... Say what you want, it will probably be true & mostly accurate. But Jesus is in charge overall, and the devil still runs around loose... for the time being.

The system as I understand it, is totally unfair.

Why should Jesus, being the only perfect, sinless human being ever to walk the face of the earth, have to endure the pain, public humiliation and shame of suffering the death penalty for YOUR & my sins? And then we get off scot-free, and then get to have eternal life?

Last edited:
That's because there's segments of the church going populace that think no matter what they do, it's fine... because they believe in Jesus.

Unfortunately they don't seem to read the bible much, and when they do... they only read the parts that don't convict them.

Why should Jesus, being the only perfect, sinless human being ever to walk the face of the earth, have to endure the pain, public humiliation and shame of suffering the death penalty for YOUR & my sins? And then we get off scot-free, and then get to have eternal life?
That's the point... we didn't deserve it, but he did it anyway. We don't get off free, as signing your life over to Jesus, signs you up for a life of suffering. Every time anyone tries to live their lives as Jesus prescribes, you will be relentlessly attacked by those that are not right or just or moral. You will not be able to share truth, without being attacked by those that despise truth. Yet continuing to do it anyway, in spite of the trials, brings you closer to Him.

Try it and see.

The Word doesn't say we will have an easy life when following Jesus. It says the opposite. Yet it's worth it.

Christians aren't perfect, they're just forgiven.

And here is the justification for every shitty thing ever done to people. Thieving, whoring, stealing, accepting bribes, cheating at life, drugs, booze, child rape or murder, every single piece of shit I have ever met went to church and decided that an imaginary God told them it was okay to be a complete pile of shit.

God fucking hates you. That is why he does not answer your prayers and when you die you go to Hell.

Reactions: TurboTrout
Don’t have to be perfect

Just don’t be a dishonest scamming stolen valor asshole 🤷‍♂️

I mean I don’t claim to be perfect, and I think regardless of if you cure cancer or if you’re a serial killer, when you die you bloat pop and rot just the same, no after life, do not pass go and collect $100, that being said, my “code” as a man prohibits me from doing things like claiming to be a vet or cop to save a company a few bucks for a hotel

God does not hate.

Everyone should strive for perfection. We may not ever attain it, but a life spent trying, is a Godly life.

8ZayhPbh.jpg

And here is the justification for every shitty thing ever done to people. Thieving, whoring, stealing, accepting bribes, cheating at life, drugs, booze, child rape or murder, every single piece of shit I have ever met went to church and decided that an imaginary God told them it was okay to be a complete pile of shit.

God fucking hates you. That is why he does not answer your prayers and when you die you go to Hell.

No sir. As a Christian, one should strive to do what the Lord has told us to do. Those who steal, connive, cheat and fornicate are folks who pretend to be a Christian. Just like military stolen valor, there is nothing to be said for those who try to use a story to better themselves.

Christ knows. They are only fooling themselves. There will be a time and place for those folks who pretend to be a Christian. I won't bore you people with scripture because I can see that being a Christian isn't something that you believe in, but rest assured, I know where I'm going after this worldly death, can you say the same?

I love the “I know where I’m going do you?” Saw a bumper sticker years ago “ I love Jesus, it’s his fans I can’t stand.”

No sir. As a Christian, one should strive to do what the Lord has told us to do. Those who steal, connive, cheat and fornicate are folks who pretend to be a Christian. Just like military stolen valor, there is nothing to be said for those who try to use a story to better themselves.

Christ knows. They are only fooling themselves. There will be a time and place for those folks who pretend to be a Christian. I won't bore you people with scripture because I can see that being a Christian isn't something that you believe in, but rest assured, I know where I'm going after this worldly death, can you say the same?

100%

When I die, it’s cut to black and that’s that, that’s what I expect

Now I do live a good life, I leave things better then I find them, more so than most people, I figure in the very remote chance that there is a god like creature and afterlife and the creature lets “good people” in, I’ll be fine, now if it’s just about if you kissed it’s ass worshipping it in your prior life, I’m good not spending eternity with a ego maniac

Now I don’t follow my code, so to speak, because I want to impress some god and get a afterlife, I do it because I’m not a shitbird and I wouldn’t feel good victimizing people and being a scammer, I also think it takes more bravery to wrap your head around you ain’t special, when you die you don’t get to see your dead family or some all loving god, you just get your off switch pressed and that’s a wrap

As far as fearing those who believe in god, I’m not sure why that’s scary, that would be like being afraid of children who believe there is a fat man who comes into their house to give them presents, or a rabbit that dumps chocolate eggs

That “you afraid” bit issue a odd argument, the gays also use it, “homophobia” as if anyone is afraid of a some delicate lisping man who likes it up the poop chute, if anything more people probably consider them funny

Anywho I digress

Last edited:
Reactions: Flintdog2011
I will point out here that...

In order to have a counterfeit, you necessarily must have a genuine... Jesus is the only human being ever to be perfect. The rest of us... not so much. Christian believers still have a sin nature, and struggle with it every day. Despite our failings, shortcomings, sins, etc. we ARE forgiven, and in the world to come we will live forever, and ever, and ever, and ever.... Say what you want, it will probably be true & mostly accurate. But Jesus is in charge overall, and the devil still runs around loose... for the time being.

The system as I understand it, is totally unfair.

Very few if anyone gets off scot-free. This is a world with lots of good of course, but also with lots of unimaginable and horrendous suffering with many if not most of the suffering people being decent folk.

He said that he had no problems with that as every Sunday they went to church, said they had sinned and asked for forgiveness.
Then that meant they were now blameless and could happily continue on stealing for the next week.
Yeah, that's not how it really works... There has to be some penitence... An effort of conscience and action. It isn't carte blanche to keep being a reprobate.

Christianity, like a lot of other religions and philosophies, tend to expound mastery over one's self... Recognize what your failings/weaknesses are and make a conscious effort to overcome them. You can add sin, God, and Satan in there as your beliefs dictate... But in the end it is overcoming temptation and being a better person (and enjoying a better society) because of it.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, has a weakness that they struggle with. Christians tend to lump them into one of the 7 deadly sins. And the thing is one person can be tripped up by one of them... Whereas someone else will have no issues with that same sin.

I tend to be very wary of anyone who is in peak physical condition, doesn't curse, eats right, and has no discernible vices/bad habits and doesn't struggle with anything... I tend to wonder how many dead hookers are buried in their crawl space.

Maybe a bit pessimistic, I'm sure there are people who are genuinely "straight as an arrow." Or maybe they're just very good at hiding their dark side.

The tragic part of being a human being is we're pretty keen to recognize someone else's faults and completely miss our own.

Not me though... I freely admit I'm worthless.

Mike

I tend to be very wary of anyone who is in peak physical condition, doesn't curse, eats right, and has no discernible vices/bad habits and doesn't struggle with anything... I tend to wonder how many dead hookers are buried in their crawl space.
6 but, I cycle them through after a few years so I don't run out of space. They're much easier to load in the trash can after they've had a few years to age. Why lug unnecessary meat to the dump when it'll leave of its own accord in due time?

Yeah, that's not how it really works... There has to be some penitence... An effort of conscience and action. It isn't carte blanche to keep being a reprobate.

Christianity, like a lot of other religions and philosophies, tend to expound mastery over one's self... Recognize what your failings/weaknesses are and make a conscious effort to overcome them. You can add sin, God, and Satan in there as your beliefs dictate... But in the end it is overcoming temptation and being a better person (and enjoying a better society) because of it.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, has a weakness that they struggle with. Christians tend to lump them into one of the 7 deadly sins. And the thing is one person can be tripped up by one of them... Whereas someone else will have no issues with that same sin.

Maybe a bit pessimistic, I'm sure there are people who are genuinely "straight as an arrow." Or maybe they're just very good at hiding their dark side.

The tragic part of being a human being is we're pretty keen to recognize someone else's faults and completely miss our own.

Not me though... I freely admit I'm worthless.

Mike

The other one like that are people who very freely call themselves “experts”

The other one like that are people who very freely call themselves “experts”
I'm an expert at not being an expert at much of anything. I can't run fast, don't know what I bench, can't shoot very well... And I THINK my wife says I don't listen very well.

And a disclaimer: my previous posts were in no way denigrating religion. I was raised in a strict Christian household. Still hold to most of what I was taught... Still a believer, still carry the faith. But honestly, it's just one more thing I'm not very good at. I have a temper and express it with foul language... But I'm honest. Probably cost me a few promotions... But what the hell... If you ask me, I'll tell ya what I think.

Carry on.

Mike

I agree.
Years ago a then workmate and his wife were staunch church goers.
Yet both had multiple theft convictions against them. Mostly stealing from employers.
She was sacked from 3 jobs for stealing from employer.
He was sacked from our work for stealing from the staff canteen fund...then went on to get a job with Armourguard as a Bank cash deliverer (because he had a cobber who ran that business, and was a fellow church goer).
Wow...great temptation there.
Yes, sadly the church does become a tool to be used by some.

I wanted to ask god for a bike, but I know that's not how he works. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.