• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stop being poor in the PX

There’s a difference between it being decent enough it almost instantly sells, and sitting on something for months because you think it’s worth more and being the real life “I know what I’ve got” guy.

For sure, if it sells within 10min and multiple are saying they’ll take it if the first guy falls out, probably under priced.

If it’s pages of “bump” and no offers for weeks, probably more than the market will bear.

Had a guy try to lowball me on a TCS and I said I’d reach out if it didn’t sell for asking price. It was gone 5 minutes after that, he got all pissy because “I had been looking for one for a long time and I can never find it” well….STOP BEING POOR!

that or be more poor everyone loves a happy hobo and what's wrong with asking for something less than the cost of making it ? just say no and move on to a better offer 1/2 the fun of buying someone else's crap is haggling down the price. sometimes you can get a way better price sometimes not but unless you try you will never know . no one buying something from someone else should ever pay retail prices on a used item no matter how new the seller says it is .

Haggling is for old women. I have no desire to ask someone I don’t know for a favor.

If his price is too high I pass. Not worth my time.

Haggling is for old women. I have no desire to ask someone I don’t know for a favor.

If his price is too high I pass. Not worth my time.

Well I grew up the opposite, you were considered stupid if you didn't haggle over the price.
I'll almost always make a lower offer to what I want and then we can work up from there.
I do the same thing when I'm selling, I usually leave myself a bit of wiggle room if possible & negotiate from there.

Generally speaking negotiating over the price and coming to an agreement tends to make everybody feel happier with the deal.

• Love
Reactions: acudaowner
Well I grew up the opposite, you were considered stupid if you didn't haggle over the price.
I'll almost always make a lower offer to what I want and then we can work up from there.
I do the same thing when I'm selling, I usually leave myself a bit of wiggle room if possible & negotiate from there.

Generally speaking negotiating over the price and coming to an agreement tends to make everybody feel happier with the deal.

Why would a seller feel better about selling lower than his asking price? Talk about stupid…

When I buy used stuff online it’s not because I’m trying to save money - it’s almost always because I can’t find it anywhere else. If I can’t find it elsewhere that means it’s in demand so I’ll happily pay what the seller wants if I determine it’s reasonable. He gets what he wanted and I got what I wanted because I didn’t miss out haggling like some annoying Asian woman at a garage sale while some other guy like me offered full asking price. If he has it listed at a price that’s too high - then I didn’t want it badly enough.

When I sell used stuff online I really don’t want to deal with tire kickers and dumb shit. I want it gone smoothly so I ask a little less than the market. This gets me an influx of buyers that I can sift through, review feedback, and sell to the one least likely to be a dickhead.

It works for me. If you enjoying haggling that works for you.

I'm the same way as @Eurodriver. When I put up something online is because I want it gone which means the price I ask is the price it will sell at.

Anyone who comes in lowballing gets told to fuck off, or ignored if they're lucky

I'm the same way as @Eurodriver. When I put up something online is because I want it gone which means the price I ask is the price it will sell at.

Anyone who comes in lowballing gets told to fuck off, or ignored if they're lucky

I usually ignore lowballers but I had this one asshole when I was selling a NF ATACR 7-35 offer me $700 in scratch off winnings and an XBOX with like 50 games and "two wireless controllers". What the fuck? I thought it must have been a troll so I sent him back a picture of Goatse and wrote "This you?"

I've been banned from ARFCOM ever since.

If I see something I want - but the price is anywhere close to what a "New" one from a retailer will cost - I simply buy the new one if they are available. If it's something that's not available new - I think long and hard about it before I buy from anybody online.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
Nothing wrong with making an offer. It’s the fucksticks that get angry when you decline their offensive offer that are assholes. Also, if you lowball me, I generally move on even if you come up to lowest selling price. It’s an indicator that you’re likely going to be a pain in the ass throughout the rest of the sale. Including expecting some sort of warranty or return policy once it arrives. Generally just another game to get something more out of you. Been in retail a long time. I can smell you a mile away. Too many other buyers to take your place. I’d rather sit on it then play your fuck boy games.

Last edited:
I like how he called me stupid, but doesn't get the "Rumpleforeskin king of the Poors" is obviously a joke.

He smaht

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
Pro tip: find a new fiancé. It will only get worse once you say "I do", it actually means "I'll do what you tell me or suffer the consequences you randomly create out of thin air".

Of course my guns are in the garage, because if I ever had them all out at once she would complain there's more than I need. She's clueless on what those needs are, but damned if she isn't sure of herself on it.
It was a joke she's a supportive and patient woman whose long accepted I'll likely end up with a damn Abrams tank. I also put priority on growing our wealth though unlike some guys I know $100,000 in debt and still holding on to three safes of almost identical AR's. Sorry to hear it.

Nothing wrong with making an offer. It’s the fucksticks that get angry when you decline their offensive offer that are assholes. Also, if you lowball me, I generally move on even if you come up to lowest selling price. It’s an indicator that you’re likely going to be a pain in the ass throughout the rest of the sale. Including expecting some sort of warranty or return policy once it arrives. Generally just another game to get something more out of you. Been in retail a long time. I can smell you a mile away. Too many other buyers to take your place. I’d rather sit on it then play your fuck boy games.

I could never be in retail man. Those types of people out there are crazy. Good luck to you amigo.

I could never be in retail man. Those types of people out there are crazy. Good luck to you amigo.
I’ve been in management for years so rarely deal directly with customers. But I’ve got a good memory. 🥸

Why would a seller feel better about selling lower than his asking price? Talk about stupid…

When I buy used stuff online it’s not because I’m trying to save money - it’s almost always because I can’t find it anywhere else. If I can’t find it elsewhere that means it’s in demand so I’ll happily pay what the seller wants if I determine it’s reasonable. He gets what he wanted and I got what I wanted because I didn’t miss out haggling like some annoying Asian woman at a garage sale while some other guy like me offered full asking price. If he has it listed at a price that’s too high - then I didn’t want it badly enough.

When I sell used stuff online I really don’t want to deal with tire kickers and dumb shit. I want it gone smoothly so I ask a little less than the market. This gets me an influx of buyers that I can sift through, review feedback, and sell to the one least likely to be a dickhead.

I guess it's going to be a case of you do what works for you and I'll do what has worked very well for me.

In my case I'm one of the poors, I buy used stuff to save money when I can get a good deal.
For stuff I know well, I'll often prefer to negotiate a deal on something used rather than buy new as the savings mean you get what you want and get to keep more of your hard earned money.

I generally don't buy stuff that is so rare that it's buy it at any price. If it's that rare I'm usually like, I don't need it.
Many times I would like something if I can get a good enough deal on it and if not, no problem I didn't really need it, so I'll almost always make an offer on things and most of the time things work well, outside of the occasional assholes who get all huffy.

When I sell stuff, I have the price I'd like to get in mind and try for that, but then also have an idea of, if I don't get any better offers, what's the lowest price I'm willing to take rather than keeping it. Usually I wind up getting somewhere between the two depending on how quickly I'd like to move it and buyers / customers often are much happier if they were able to negotiate a deal and that often comes back around to more sales or smoother transactions.

If folks get offended by getting a lower offer, well that's I guess on them.

In the business world I work in, bargaining back and forth and making offers, bundle offers, and counter offers for inbound as well as on the outbound end is crucial to keeping competitive & profitable.

I’m tired of being patient with you all.

$5 for this whole shit show.

No holds and no godamn money orders. It’s 2022. Jeez.

sometimes...
buyers know the first thing a person is going to ask is.....
what's your bottom dollar? How much will you truly take....
We've watched pawn stars, we know how the 'game' works.
So, sometimes a buyer set's his price high, expecting to haggle, so after he knocks off 20%, he's right where he wanted to be.

Sometimes a buyer actually sets a price as firm, and tells everyone, to FO, this is as low as I'm going.
To each their own. You can't get a date if you don't ask her for the number.

Well now I know who is buying the $80K pickup trucks. I wondered who the fuck would pay that for a new truck that should sell for $40K tops. Turns out a lot of them are Hider's ;)

Reactions: STex
Well now I know who is buying the $80K pickup trucks. I wondered who the fuck would pay that for a new truck that should sell for $40K tops. Turns out a lot of them are Hider's ;)
we knew of a person with more money than brains, that the car salesmen LOVED. Salesmen would see him coming, double the price. He'd haggle, and they'd knock 50% off the truck. He thought he was a great negotiator. Salesmen would always say, see you next year. Numbers might be a tad inflated, but most of the people get the idea.

Reactions: Arc Light
I’m tired of being patient with you all.

$5 for this whole shit show.

No holds and no godamn money orders. It’s 2022. Jeez.

Not appreciated.....

Bumped within 24 hours reported....

• Haha
Reactions: db2000
Is this still available?

What's the lowest you'll take?

Get a bigger safe

Why bother? All the tools are sitting there to be into it in 5 minutes or less. Grinders, saws, torch, sledges, etc.
I'd just be creating a target.

Hidden storage and insurance are way easier than moving a giant gun steamer anyways.

Look Jimmy, I don't sell anything and see no reason to upgrade.
Listen buddy I’m not your jimmy pal, I was asking if that’s what you were saying people were doing it wasn’t about you 😆

Well it’s pretty wide spread in the reloading world, so... you flap your cock holster every other day, why be a chicken shit now?
Sorry about your daddy issues .

Hey OP, that is hilarious that you were so embarassed you marked those Bergers as Sold . It must suck to be poor and still not be able to sell . Should have shut your mouth in the first place .

• Haha
Reactions: lead ƒarmer
Pro tip: find a new fiancé. It will only get worse once you say "I do", it actually means "I'll do what you tell me or suffer the consequences you randomly create out of thin air".

Of course my guns are in the garage, because if I ever had them all out at once she would complain there's more than I need. She's clueless on what those needs are, but damned if she isn't sure of herself on it.
I hope you have a climate controlled garage. I have seen the results of good men marrying anti gun women who slowly push their firearms out to the garage and out of use.

The safe turns into a time capsule and goes unopened for years. The constant temperature swings and moisture begin to take their toll. Corrosion sets in, mold and mildew grow, rubber deteriorates. Denial sets in too that every thing will be okay. After 10 years you wont even recognize yourself any more or your neglected boom sticks.

Best to start finding them a loving home now.

Reactions: TurboTrout
I hope you have a climate controlled garage. I have seen the results of good men marrying anti gun women who slowly push their firearms out to the garage and out of use.

The safe turns into a time capsule and goes unopened for years. The constant temperature swings and moisture begin to take their toll. Corrosion sets in, mold and mildew grow, rubber deteriorates. Denial sets in too that every thing will be okay. After 10 years you wont even recognize yourself any more or your neglected boom sticks.

My wife has grown tired of my continual need for more space for safes and reloading benches..... but the kids moving out of the house and going their own way has freed up a bunch of space! Yay. No choices have to be made. Eventually I will need to begin going the other way. But not now.

Reactions: GreenGO Juan

People have a very odd view of marriage and women.

Any woman who wants to change you, if you can’t get her to see things your way, dump her and maybe get her a gift card for cat food, she’ll need it once her tits and ass start to sag

End of the day, with 90% of relationships, men go up in value till they are pretty damn old, women tend to start to depreciate like a car, I’d say after the early 20s depreciating liability. There are also, last I looked, more women on this rock than men.

I am who I am, I don’t BS around, you’re ether on board or GTFO, the idea of getting hitched is already a hugely bad decision for most men, having the state force me to support you like a child, and also wanting one to give up the things you enjoy, man pussy is good, but it ain’t that good.

My wife has grown tired of my continual need for more space for safes and reloading benches..... but the kids moving out of the house and going their own way has freed up a bunch of space! Yay. No choices have to be made. Eventually I will need to begin going the other way. But not now.
It sounds like you have yet to yield, well done. My story is basically a chronicle of some one who was completely neutered.

From an outside in view it was hard to watch.
People have a very odd view of marriage and women.

Any woman who wants to change you, if you can’t get her to see things your way, dump her and maybe get her a gift card for cat food, she’ll need it once her tits and ass start to sag

End of the day, with 90% of relationships, men go up in value till they are pretty damn old, women tend to start to depreciate like a car, I’d say after the early 20s depreciating liability. There are also, last I looked, more women on this rock than men.

I am who I am, I don’t BS around, you’re ether on board or GTFO, the idea of getting hitched is already a hugely bad decision for most men, having the state force me to support you like a child, and also wanting one to give up the things you enjoy, man pussy is good, but it ain’t that good.
Lots of truth here.

Last edited:
It sounds like you have yet to yield, well done. My story is basically a conical of some one who was completely neutered.

From an outside in view it was hard to watch.

Lots of truth here.
I will admit that my ability to continue without an intervention was almost entirely the result of the kids leaving the nest, and NOT my ability to win arguments with my loving wife of 33 yrs. But I am under no illusions that it won't all become an issue when we decide to downsize and retire.

Reactions: Jgault
I will admit that my ability to continue without an intervention was almost entirely the result of the kids leaving the nest, and NOT my ability to win arguments with my loving wife of 33 yrs. But I am under no illusions that it won't all become an issue when we decide to downsize and retire.
shipping containers :) they are portable, and you can bury them

shipping containers :) they are portable, and you can bury them
They actually don’t take a side load from back filling very well at all. The right answer is to carry sufficient insurance and keep your toys in climate controlled areas or at least throw a golden rod in the safe.

I have heat in the garage, and average humidity is 30% or less.

I also don't own a safe, as a garage full of tools that could destroy it in 5 minutes means it's useless and just attracts attention.

I have heat in the garage, and average humidity is 30% or less.

I also don't own a safe, as a garage full of tools that could destroy it in 5 minutes means it's useless and just attracts attention.
If your safe can be destroyed in 5 minutes with a garage full of tools you have the wrong safe.

TL30x6 is tested by engineers *with blueprints they get to study beforehand* and it takes 30 minutes of tool contact time to breach. That means blade changes don’t count toward the 30 mins or tool swaps etc.

Last edited: