• Site updates coming next Wednesday

The site will be getting down for server maintenance next Wednesday starting at 8am CT. The site is expected to be down all day while we're doing site updates, so very sorry about the inconvenience and if you have any questions let me know!

VIEW THREAD

Strechin' out the SPS-T

badshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2008
South Arkansas
I got to shoot a little longer distance today with the .308. I only got to 300yds, but I'll take it.
155SMK.jpg

I fired 5 shots, but I pulled the second one to the right and missed the paper by about an inch. My rest was the bed of my pickup with a sandbag in the prone position. I think the gun can do better, but I have a hard time holding it with what I got. Would this still be considered a sub MOA gun if I throuw out the flyer?

RTA

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2009
S. Georgia
Re: Strechin' out the SPS-T

That's real good from the back of a truckbed. Try a more solid rest, even prone on ground off your sand bags would increase the hold on target better. Just a thought.

deadly0311

Tacticool Ninja
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2009
Birmingham, AL

at three hundred that looks to be roughly 1.5 to 2.5 inches which would qualify that as sub moa. So to answer your question yes that is a MOA gun

badshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2008
South Arkansas

My so called range is really a power-line right of way on my deer lease in the middle of nowhere. The grass is too high to lay on the ground and a rest heavy enough to be stable would require extra people to load it, and I dont want to leave it out there, since it probably wouldn't be in one piece next time I got ready for it. People cant seem to leave something alone that isn't theirs!

RTA

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2009
S. Georgia

I shoot a powerline area at times too, but have some areas that valley to go prone. Understand the rest transportation thing all to well. Good shooting just the same.