• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Strechin' out the SPS-T

badshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2008
South Arkansas
I got to shoot a little longer distance today with the .308. I only got to 300yds, but I'll take it.
155SMK.jpg

I fired 5 shots, but I pulled the second one to the right and missed the paper by about an inch. My rest was the bed of my pickup with a sandbag in the prone position. I think the gun can do better, but I have a hard time holding it with what I got. Would this still be considered a sub MOA gun if I throuw out the flyer?

Re: Strechin' out the SPS-T

That's real good from the back of a truckbed. Try a more solid rest, even prone on ground off your sand bags would increase the hold on target better. Just a thought.

at three hundred that looks to be roughly 1.5 to 2.5 inches which would qualify that as sub moa. So to answer your question yes that is a MOA gun

My so called range is really a power-line right of way on my deer lease in the middle of nowhere. The grass is too high to lay on the ground and a rest heavy enough to be stable would require extra people to load it, and I dont want to leave it out there, since it probably wouldn't be in one piece next time I got ready for it. People cant seem to leave something alone that isn't theirs!

I shoot a powerline area at times too, but have some areas that valley to go prone. Understand the rest transportation thing all to well. Good shooting just the same.