• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Range Report Strelok Ballistic Calculator - Android & Symbian

Ranmaniac

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2011
TX
I did a write up on calculating muzzle velocities using ballistics calculator and saw a few being discussed in the forums but not this particular one... I, personally feel, it's the best one and easiest to use. It is free and open for donations to the author.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Strelok Ballistic Calculator
</span>
Strelok.png

The home screen is very modest bus as you start getting around, it's power & functionality becomes apparent.

As a general rule of thumb, you can just start at the top and touch each tab and begin to enter the various inputs but for startup, you want to start with the Rifle tab in the middle of the screen.

rifle_entry.png

From here, you can enter up to 7 rifles, with a custom name for each.

riflelist_resize.png

From there, enter the scope information for each rifle...

rifle_resize.png

Choose your reticle, if available, from the reticle list. The author is adding reticles every week or two. This is one of the coolest features of the app.... more on that later.

scopelist_resize.png

Enter the zeroing weather and then the ballistics for up to 5 cartridges in the cartridges tab..

round_resize.png

roundlist_resize.png

Now that your rifles and rounds are all setup, and your scope is zeroed... return to the home page....

Strelok.png

When you are prepared to shoot, enter the top 4 right entries, and the current weather in the weather tab just below the top 4.
The slope angle and wind are pretty cool, simply click on them and drag you finger to change the slope and wind relative to your current position. There's no need to know the actual direction of the wind, just throw some grass in the air and make the pointer match that direction and enter the speed.

slope.png

wind_resize.png

Continued below.....

Re: Strelok Ballistic Calculator - Android & Symbian

Once the top 4 and weather are entered, and you have your rifle & round chosen, touch Calculate. This will then give you the clicks, mils, MOA, or inches to adjust to your target, relative to your current zero. Just touch the tab under calculate to choose the unit you like.

units_resize.png

Now the cool part…. press the “Reticle” tab…. This brings up your chosen reticle and shows you where you have to hold if you do not wish to dial your scope in and it gives you precise distances to ballistic or mil dots on your reticle

scope_resize.png

After clicking the calculate button, you can also click the “Additional Info” tab near the bottom… This will give you a calculated list of corrections made and info for your shot.

Click the “Table” tab and this will give you a range chart that you can email to yourself for printing. The email will come in HTML for printing with a browser or a CSV that can be opened with Excel or any other data base program. In the settings tab under “Table”, you can change which info is shown in the table, the distance and increments of the table.

Here is a snapshot of table that I sent myself in HTML. It has all columns turned on.

Table2.png

I also use Strelok, and it's been great. I played with "Shooter" for a day or two on my friends rooted phone, but didn't think it was any better.

I don't know why or how, but Strelok is dead-on for my R.O. dope.

no H59

fail

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taseal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no H59

fail</div></div>

I'm guessing that Horus will see to it that it stays that way without royalty payments (don't hold your breath for a free app).

Edit: Though I guess they have one Horus, I could be wrong.

It seems that if the guy that wrote this gets enough requests for a particular scope, he adds it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know why or how, but Strelok is dead-on for my R.O. dope.</div></div>
Up to what distance?

This program has definately been the most reliable, accurate, and easiest to use for me!!

DK

This is the only ballistic app I use - always dead on with my 338 LM and 6BR.

Another vote for Strelok. Plus you always have it!

I use shooter, but I do have to say that if I hadn't paid for shooter I would use this and not had been disappointed. I think both have pluses and both have minuses. I actually use both, I use shooter for most of the ballistics because I have used it the most, but I love the reticle view in strelok and use it on occasion. I tell my friends about shooter and strelock and let them decide and have both both on my phone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ranmaniac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It seems that if the guy that wrote this gets enough requests for a particular scope, he adds it. </div></div>

Just send him an e-mail and ask him to put your reticle in the program. I had him put the Vortec Razor HD EBR-2B in the program and it was done a couple days later. He's real good about communicating.

I've been using the desktop version for a while and I really like it. Simple and easy to use without any extra flashy stuff.

Thanks for the info ... I have been using ISnipe on my IPhone. It works okay as long as I allow it to input weather conditions based on GPS coordinates. If I try to manually add weather conditions using a Kestrel, it seems to confuse the program.
Apple IPhone has an app titled IStrelok. Is this the same program?

I was wondering if I could get a little help with this app. I've put in all the info that I can and calculated it. Strelok comes up with 12.27 minutes to get to 600 yards for my .338 win mag. Then to double check the numbers, I ran it through the online version of JBM and put in the exact same information. JBM comes up with 11.3 minutes for 600 yards. I think I've put all the info into Strelok properly, so why would I be getting a full minute difference. Can anyone think of anything off the top of their head I might check to see if I put in wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Apothus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was wondering if I could get a little help with this app. I've put in all the info that I can and calculated it. Strelok comes up with 12.27 minutes to get to 600 yards for my .338 win mag. Then to double check the numbers, I ran it through the online version of JBM and put in the exact same information. JBM comes up with 11.3 minutes for 600 yards. I think I've put all the info into Strelok properly, so why would I be getting a full minute difference. Can anyone think of anything off the top of their head I might check to see if I put in wrong.</div></div>
My opinion would be - Strelok uses averaged (single) G1 BC, so it should suffer compared to (stepped or even to) averaged G7 BC as the range increases. Strelok has been designed with simplicity and convenience in mind, so my bet in this particular case would be on JBM. <span style="font-style: italic">Assuming you've done your part correctly, all the inputs indeed are the same, with the appropriate and correct conversions when needed, etc.</span>

It would be nice to have you actually shoot the rifle and compare your real adjustments to what the calculators tell you.

Is there any possibility to still get Strelok for Symbian?
It´s not possible to install the zip anymore due to some certificate, and Igor has no cue of how to do it.

Does anyone have any idea?