• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Stripped lower with no sn

I'm sure someone with more experience will post but....

It is my understanding that it is legal to own, but if you build it and try to sell it it needs a serial number.

As I understand it, you can't build one to purposely sell. However, selling it after x years b/c you wanted to after the fact should be ok I assume. But that's only a guess.

Just like you can't buy weapons to sell as an unlicensed dealer but you can buy and sell your own stuff later in the course of adjusting your collection.

It is perfectly legal to make your own firearms. If you make it yourself or finish it in the case of an 80% lower, it does not have to be searialized. However if you decide to sell it, legaly it has to have a serial number. Also if you make it yourself it has to fall with in the confines of the law no SBR's, AOW, or full autos. Hope that helps

It is perfectly legal to make your own firearms. If you make it yourself or finish it in the case of an 80% lower, it does not have to be searialized. However if you decide to sell it, legaly it has to have a serial number. Also if you make it yourself it has to fall with in the confines of the law no SBR's, AOW, or full autos. Hope that helps

Wouldn't "making" your own require proper completion of an ATF Form 1?

Wouldn't "making" your own require proper completion of an ATF Form 1?

Only if it's NFA (short barrel rifle, any other weapon, short barrel shotgun, etc.) in which case you'll have to engrave it with your info and the id number the AFT assigns to the weapon. Local laws may vary,& I'm not a lawyer. Follow advise you get from the interweb at your own risk:)

Last edited: