• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stuff you don't mix: ARC Rings, LPVOs, Wood Furniture, Suppressed Single Shot

Burdy

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 10, 2013
    Since I moved to all FFP on my comp/defense guns I found a perfect host for my K18i with flip-top elevation turret. The glass is too good to sell and the added value of being able to dial will work perfect for my 6.5CM #1. Likely a collaboration of parts that no one would say would look good, but I think it just...works. Honestly, I tried to find another forum category where this made more sense to post, but nothing really fit. I frequent the optics forum the most and thought it was worthy of a share. You can click the image for full resolution.

You could add a SAP 2 round nylon/velcro cartridge holder to kind of top off the whole "never" aesthetic :)
    Lol, I havent bought a sling since I built the thing a couple years ago because I can't figure out what is going to work with the look.

Reactions: Tchitcherine
    Since I moved to all FFP on my comp/defense guns I found a perfect host for my K18i with flip-top elevation turret. The glass is too good to sell and the added value of being able to dial will work perfect for my 6.5CM #1. Likely a collaboration of parts that no one would say would look good, but I think it just...works. Honestly, I tried to find another forum category where this made more sense to post, but nothing really fit. I frequent the optics forum the most and thought it was worthy of a share. You can click the image for full resolution.

Looks great.

Reactions: Burdy
    Who did the work? I wouldn't mind something like that in 350 Rem Mag.

Hmmm i give it 6/10.

Areas of improvement.
    Ditch suppressor
    Mannlicher stock
    Leupold VX scope

I appreciate the #1 international only comes in fudd calibers and the VX5/6 doesn't come in FFP, but if you are going for pure sex then sacrifices need to be made.

To the red dot / irons comments-

A 16" 6.5 creedmoor will expand adequately to kill big game out to what 550-600?

No idea why you wouldn't want an appropriate optic. Plus irons are usually a no go with a can, unfortunately.

Nice rifle OP, I've been wanting a suppressed breach loader for hunting for some time now, just to more easily accomidate tight deer blinds. I'm using an SBR for now, but a 16" #1 or T/C would be great.

Great looking set up, and something you don’t see every day.
    I have a buddy with a Merkel who is working on a similar set up.

To the red dot / irons comments-

A 16" 6.5 creedmoor will expand adequately to kill big game out to what 550-600?

No idea why you wouldn't want an appropriate optic. Plus irons are usually a no go with a can, unfortunately.

Nice rifle OP, I've been wanting a suppressed breach loader for hunting for some time now, just to more easily accomidate tight deer blinds. I'm using an SBR for now, but a 16" #1 or T/C would be great.
    Have you ever seen or been a part of a driven hunt either here or in Europe?

LPVOs and red dots rule for them.. Not every application requires 12X but when your only tool is a hammer every problem looks like a nail.

Last edited:

If it works for you and your application, thats all that matters.
    Good to see those willing to break away from the herd.
    R/
    CBDR

Have you ever seen or been a part of a driven hunt either here or in Europe?

LPVOs and red dots rule for them.. Not every application requires 12X but when your only tool is a hammer every problem looks like a nail.
    If I’m not mistaken the comment you’re replying to is specifically advocating for the lpvo not against it

Don't forget the Harris knockoff bipod.
    No bipod on this one. #1s are ridiculously picky about forend pressure. I got extraordinarily lucky for this one to be a shooter after all the time and work put in. There is no guarantee with a #1. One of the reasons I dubbed it "The Gambler". I just never knew if the vision I had in my head was going to translate into an absolute disaster or something special. No guts no glory I guess.

Reactions: FuhQ
    You broke a lot of rules with that one, including the 6.5CM chambering, but that is a beauty! 😎

Don't post it on the thehighroad.org or you will put a couple of those boomers into cardiac arrest.
    Well surprisingly enough all of the boomers that tried to talk me out of doing it, including my father, and even some of the people who worked on parts of the gun who begrudgingly took my money and just did what I asked, were shocked that they loved the final result.

As soon as you start asking someone to cut your #1 down to 16" they think your nuts. Then you tell them you want someone to hack the stock down an inch and put in an adjustable comb and they want to put you in a straight jacket. Not to mention all the laughs I got from suppressing a falling block.

When the barreled action came back from Pac-Nor just a few days before the whole place burned down I knew I had to just put my head down and continue trying to create the vision in my head. Worked out this time, probably couldn't do it again if I tried 100 more times.

Lol, I havent bought a sling since I built the thing a couple years ago because I can't figure out what is going to work with the look.
    I would think a leather Ching Sling or Rhodesian Sling from Andy's Leather would be perfect. Or in Biothane if you want the true ying/yang of old and new. Ching slings are what Jeff Cooper spec'ed out for his scout rifle concept.
    Andy's Leather

beautiful rifle, the trigger guard gives it that perfect air I think
    You could add a SAP 2 round nylon/velcro cartridge holder to kind of top off the whole "never" aesthetic :)
    nah, get a nice matching metal quiver from hoptic, velcro is too tacky for that classy thing.

beautiful rifle, the trigger guard gives it that perfect air I think

nah, get a nice matching metal quiver from hoptic, velcro is too tacky for that classy thing.
    Thank you sir. If I add "rounds" it will likely be on the sling.

Was it a pain in the dick to get the kahles turret? From the outside looking in, it seems to be a super elegant solution....
    Once again, sweet rig!

While I love em and own a few, there aren't a lot of 600 yard No.1's out there.
    Yea I feel ya- I'm not a 600 yard hunter anyhow.

Just making the point that a little zoom can be handy even on a shorty 😉

Run the risk of having your eyes be bigger than your gun is accurate. They are some very accurate No.1’s. Most are less so.

People can think what they want, don’t care about them, care what you think.

I think it’s an amazing build, and beautiful.

Have been tinkering with finding a kiplauf myself, in 45-70 and then make a subsonic hunting potato cannon with a gigantic can and a S&B short dot.

Kiplaufs are pure.

Was it a pain in the dick to get the kahles turret? From the outside looking in, it seems to be a super elegant solution....
    Once again, sweet rig!
    It was. The way I was able to get it was a sponsored Kahles shooter over in Europe happened to read one of my blog posts and reached out to me and was kind enough to send me one.

Run the risk of having your eyes be bigger than your gun is accurate. They are some very accurate No.1’s. Most are less so.
    Yeah, and the solutions to coax one into being accurate are less than ideal. This one has actually been to 600 with no issues and Im not a safe queen guy at all so it goes out from time to time.
    IMG_20191012_115013.jpg

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191121075306307_COVER.jpg

There's only one I've ever tried to squeeze real great accuracy out of, and every time I thought I had the "Ah ha!" moment, it was fleeting. I can deal with a rifle that shoots 4 inch groups. And I can deal with a rifle that shoots 1/2' inch groups. I have trouble dealing with a rifle that shoots 1/2" and 4" groups, depending on what I do not know. lol

I really like the stock work, it's a very nice solution to the problems that come up with No.1s and larger scopes.

I think it looks awesome!

Now that’s a sweet deer rifle!!!