• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Stupid question. AR15/AR10 stocks

hydro556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
STL, home of the Cardinals.
It seems that I see some stocks (PRS) appear not to be interchangeable between AR10's and AR15's. Is this the case with all stocks?

I have a LMT Modstock for an AR15 and I am wondering if I can put it on an Armalite AR10 lower.

Re: Stupid question. AR15/AR10 stocks

The PRS AR-10 stock will fit on an AR-15 without modification, but an AR-15 PRS will not fit on an AR-10. The adjustable cheekpiece on the 15 version, if raised, will not allow operation of the longer, AR-10 charging handle.

As for the modstock...I assume you mean the VLTOR, not LMT Modstock. If so, the VLTOR stocks (both collapsible and rifle length) will work on both the AR-10 and AR-15 assuming you have the proper buffer and spring.

Re: Stupid question. AR15/AR10 stocks

Yes, it is a Vltor Modstock. It came off an LMT AR15 lower, but it is made by Vltor.

Ok, well good deal. I was hoping I could put it on an Armalite AR10 lower I have. I found a NIB stainless Noveske 18" N6 upper and am going to put together something of a precision 308. I like the Modstocks and I think it will be good for this build.