• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Subsonic loads in my M1A/M-14

ekaphoto

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2006
Northern California
I am toying with the idea of making some subsonic loads for my Springfield M1A loaded. I will probably use trail boss. You are probably wondering why. No reason in particular other than it is someting diffrent to do.

Anyone see any problems ie damage to rifle etc? Has anyone done this? I realize the rifle probably will not cycle but I don't care. It will be at the range only.

Re: Subsonic loads in my M1A/M-14

It will work with zero issues. Just make sure you work up a load and work without the suppressor and use a chrongraph to keep it below subsonic. Opposite in reloading is that you load from high to low when working subs. Try 11.5 grains of Trail boss and work backwards. Most people find 10.5 to be about right depending on your elevation. In the reloading section on this site there is a long thread on subsonics that I personnaly learned a lot from.