• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Subtle Camo Job help

MillerRed4

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2012
Utah
In need of some expertise. I've been looking around at alot of paint jobs and find that most on youtube and such are for the airsoft kid genre, they are ok videos but the camo scheme is to drastic i think in most. Im not going for a tigerstripe or a viper look, im looking more for a sublt tan,lightbrown,od look but can't seem to find a good how to online. Ive painted a few rifles but just can't get the look that i want. A member posted this a couple yrs ago but no luck in contacting him. but this is what i would like on my kit.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...5641#Post755641

Re: Subtle Camo Job help

All you need to do is spray your entire rifle with the color that you want dominant. Then take your time and make light passes with the other colors you want. Start with a light pass and then spray another pass until you get the look you want. Keep your distance at first. That will soften the transition between colors. Don't mask off areas. That will just give the hard, sharp lines I believe you are trying to avoid. Visualize it in your head and then spray. You just gotta go for it. Or practice first on some random object.