• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Hunting & Fishing Success with a duck call, finally.

Remsen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2006
Northern California (occupied)
After years of watching ducks avoid my area whenever I was foolish enough to try my hand at using the duck call, I finally bagged a duck with the help of a call. I was hunting this morning and all of the ducks were sticking to the stratosphere. I got a bit tired of seeing the little dots that I knew were ducks so I rested my head against the side of the blind and got a few zzz's. When I opened my eyes, I noticed that one of my decoys was loose and floating around a few dozen yards away from the rest of the decoys. On further examination, it wasn't a decoy. A greenhead had snuck in and was milling around my decoy spread.

I didn't want to shoot the duck in the water, out of a sense of sportsmanship and also a desire to not blow apart my roboduck and other decoys, so I stood up out of the blind figuring that when the duck saw me he'd take off and I could shoot him in flight. No dice.

That's when I remembered how ducks react to my duck calling. I grabbed the call and hit a few notes and the duck immediately took to the air to escape and I shot him.

I'll never leave home without a duck call again.

Re: Success with a duck call, finally.

Hahaha thats pretty good.Here is what happens when I try that.
12030916.jpg