• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

super trickler

This thing looks amazing, and while I didn't delve too deep into their product development, the comment about them having the balls to both hear, and then, incorporate design changes after getting "brutal Facebook feedback" seems to be true (and sure beats releasing a unit and then waiting for threads about its issues to pop up on here).

After looking at and playing with both the AT V4 and Matchmaster, I chose the Matchmaster, because compared to the V4 it's much more "plug and play" (and the Mil/LEO discount is stupid good and made it too hard to resist). The MM doesn't require any aftermarket parts like tubes or shims. IMHO it's pretty dumb to buy a fancy powder dropper that takes so much dicking around to make work right, that one might nearly be better off and almost as fast doing it caveman-style.

For me, the MM has been great (Varget is ~12secs +/- 0.04gr, a little longer if I throw a few back to keep drops +/- 0.02gr), but if this Super Trickler does what it looks like it does, without the drama, then I think I know what I'll be getting next...

Yeah now that Elfsters showed the AI video (in the 41 minute video), I’m even more at ease. Looks like I can get basic settings for each powder by just letting it do it’s thing which will be good enough for me
And I can tweak along the way getting better and betterer as others post their settings for various powders. I was a skeptic last year but not now (having problems w my V4 made pick this thread back up and follow very keenly)

Yeah now that Elfsters showed the AI video (in the 41 minute video), I’m even more at ease. Looks like I can get basic settings for each powder by just letting it do it’s thing which will be good enough for me
And I can tweak along the way getting better and betterer as others post their settings for various powders. I was a skeptic last year but not now (having problems w my V4 made pick this thread back up and follow very keenly)
I'm kind-of in the same place. Been tracking the ST for a while since it was first announced. Now they are in the wild and reviews are coming through, the ST looks very promising. I'm probably going to place an order soon and will ditch my AT v4.

I don't see myself using my v3 anymore. I should have my final review, overview, and how to get quick settings and dropping powder video uploaded in the next week or two. I really like it so far. At first it's kinda overwhelming but once you get an idea how it works, the numerous settings are welcoming.

Just wondering how sensitive the unit is to LED lighting? I have LOW ceilings in my reloading room.

Went to ace and grabbed a sch40 1-1/2" x 3" reducer coupling. The opening for the hopper on top is 2.16" and the hopper holds almost 1lb but not quite. The OD on 1-1/2" sch40 is 1.900", the OD on the hub is 2.25".

The point is, the 1-1/2" x 3" coupling should fit well, add extra capacity and act as a funnel. The opening being 2" is kinda silly and while it's not hard to add powder it's just another thing to do. I'm trying to eliminate things to do in my reloading.

My playlist so far with review and overview coming soon once I've had a solid chance to use the machine. Will be going live tonight too about 630pm central dropping powder with the supertrickler
Screenshot_20221018_085148.jpg

I don't see myself using my v3 anymore. I should have my final review, overview, and how to get quick settings and dropping powder video uploaded in the next week or two. I really like it so far. At first it's kinda overwhelming but once you get an idea how it works, the numerous settings are welcoming.

How easy is it to clean out the powder when you are done using it for the day?

Reactions: TommyD11730
How easy is it to clean out the powder when you are done using it for the day?

I'm curious on this too... it looked like you have no taket the whole "coffee maker" assembly off the scale, and open a port, then manipulate it to over the powder funnel...
This, how is a powder changeout? Both how easy and what are the chances of leaving a kernel between changeout. Any nooks and crannies?

Also, got an update this morning and they are shipping ~40 units a week currently. Hopefully that will increase as they streamline the process otherwise I might be next year getting mine. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
In the one video it shows that you lift the thing off of the scale and open the hatch on the bottom and then dispense the powder via a funnel back into its original container. You might have to unplug a wire also. The device cannot then be placed back on the scale with the hatch in the bottom open Which is a great feature to prevent dumping a whole load of powder all over the scale. You have to tilt the machine and shake it a little bit to get residual powder out of the tubes. I don’t know about nooks and crannies but if one kernel of 4350 goes in a varget load every once in a blue moon I’m not gonna get bent out of shape about that

I can’t tell you how many times on a chargemaster that I have left the side hatch open and then poured powder into it to have it spill all over the bench. Same thing with AutoTrickler I once forgot to replace the plastic slide on the rear and filled it with powder and had powder gel all over the bench. It seems like this design reduces the chances of those kinds of mishaps

In the one video it shows that you lift the thing off of the scale and open the hatch on the bottom and then dispense the powder via a funnel back into its original container. You might have to unplug a wire also. The device cannot then be placed back on the scale with the hatch in the bottom open Which is a great feature to prevent dumping a whole load of powder all over the scale. You have to tilt the machine and shake it a little bit to get residual powder out of the tubes. I don’t know about nooks and crannies but if one kernel of 4350 goes in a varget load every once in a blue moon I’m not gonna get bent out of shape about that

I can’t tell you how many times on a chargemaster that I have left the side hatch open and then poured powder into it to have it spill all over the bench. Same thing with AutoTrickler I once forgot to replace the plastic slide on the rear and filled it with powder and had powder gel all over the bench. It seems like this design reduces the chances of those kinds of mishaps
You don't need to undo the wire. You just pick the unit up slightly tilted back, hold the discharge port over the jug, open port hole, dump, close port hole. Super easy. I'll show how easy it is tonight in the live event

just went live here:

Jesus, that looks like a pain in the ass to empty. Even with a funnel into your jug/jar, you risk spilling or dropping the machine. The emptying of the machine assumes that the user is physically available to do so... I know a lot of disabled reloaders that wouldn't be able to lift, manipulate, and empty the machine easily.

There will be a lot of cried tears when someone spills their RL26 or Varget all over their reloading bench.

I don't have social media but maybe Rex can come up with a better solution.🤷🏾‍♂️

The advantage of say the IP is everything can be done without manipulating the machine too much.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still waiting for my Supertrickler.... But emptying appears to be an Achilles heel.

just went live here:

Nice job showing the run of the menus and parameters.

It is obvious you have put time into tuning the parameters and know your way around the software.

I appreciate not editing out the overthrows or glossing over the draining procedure.

None of these things are perfect, but they certainly have come a long way.

Reactions: elfster1234
just went live here:

Thanks for this. It's nice to see the good (saving settings for each different powder, huge number of tweaks, etc.) along with the warts (cleaning the powder out of the machine once you are done). I'm not sure if I will buy one (I have an ATv4) but I want to see how this develops and how responsive the designers are to user feedback.

Paid out my balance today.
Order number #300 estimated ahip date is the 31st.

Preordered. Order 817. Got sick of waiting for a v4 and put down a deposit. Then get the v4 invoice.

I’ll compare the two and keep whatever I like better.

I’m about to smash my chargemaster lite every time I load h4350

Preordered. Order 817. Got sick of waiting for a v4 and put down a deposit. Then get the v4 invoice.

I’ll compare the two and keep whatever I like better.

I’m about to smash my chargemaster lite every time I load h4350
You will feel the same about the v4 after using it.

• Haha
Reactions: NiteQwill and S3th
Nice job showing the run of the menus and parameters.

It is obvious you have put time into tuning the parameters and know your way around the software.

I appreciate not editing out the overthrows or glossing over the draining procedure.

None of these things are perfect, but they certainly have come a long way.
Its definitely hard to drain the unit while in front of a camera, especially LIVE, and it's not hard to drain the unit although kinda wonky, it's not that bad.

Jesus, that looks like a pain in the ass to empty. Even with a funnel into your jug/jar, you risk spilling or dropping the machine. The emptying of the machine assumes that the user is physically available to do so... I know a lot of disabled reloaders that wouldn't be able to lift, manipulate, and empty the machine easily.

There will be a lot of cried tears when someone spills their RL26 or Varget all over their reloading bench.

I don't have social media but maybe Rex can come up with a better solution.🤷🏾‍♂️

The advantage of say the IP is everything can be done without manipulating the machine too much.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still waiting for my Supertrickler.... But emptying appears to be an Achilles heel.
yea im usually a sucker for new items in reloading, but Im honestly not seeing anything I like over then Gen 3 + the ingenuity precision add on. In the video i was seeing more over throws vs my gen 3 and clean up looks harder. having a separate screen is also not a bad thing in my book. Who doesnt have a smart phone now? The app can be loaded on mutiple devices and if something happens to the Supertrickler's screen you are SOL (not that it would).

Ill keep lurking and let others do the testing on this one first.

Reactions: NiteQwill
what about this:

I might try that or just go back to using my Promethius For everything. I really purchased it for doing load work up and if It was something like a hunting round I really wasn’t worried about being to the kernel.

The suck part is it almost takes longer to us the v4 than to keep adjusting my Promethius during work up. It’s the constant over throws.

I might try that or just go back to using my Promethius For everything. I really purchased it for doing load work up and if It was something like a hunting round I really wasn’t worried about being to the kernel.

The suck part is it almost takes longer to us the v4 than to keep adjusting my Promethius during work up. It’s the constant over throws.
Without derailing this thread. Just be aware that the IP, while it works with the V4, is severely limited by the V4 software when using the IP.

You will get the PRECISION of the IP but not the speed of the V2/V3+ IP.

This is the big reason John went back to using the V3. (He's a local to me so I have the opportunity to pick his brain outside of the YouTube videos). Lots of local shooters went back to the V3 in my area. Last local V3 sale sold for $675.

Best to just put a deposit down on a ST. 😬

Well, I'm pre-order #845

I was a Chargemaster guy, then an AT V2 user, then upgraded to the V3. I sold the V3 and got the V4. I've only messed with the V4 a few times due to life sucking all my precision shooting time away this year, and not needing to reload for precision matches, but it has never instilled confidence like I had with the V2 and V3. The tips, shims, and calibration/test, calibration/test, calibration/test cycles have me not even wanting to devote the time to it.

We'll see how the ST does and maybe the V4 minus scale will go to a new home. Should have never sold my V3 :(

Reactions: secondofangle2
Sold my V4 this AM. IM going to hand throw and hand trickle charges until ST arrives. Will be way more pleasant than effing with V4

#889 just pulled the trigger. Also waiting on the IG for my V3. I load for 2 shooters so I am hoping to find a happy medium with both machines.

Any idea what order/pre-order number they've shipped so far? I read a page r two back that they were shipping 40/week back in October, but not sure where that info came from and/or if it'll hold true. If it is 40/week, I'm looking at a Feb/Mar timeframe for mine at pre-order #845

Ordered a supertrickler; order #676. Sick of fucking around with the V4. Making shims and shit, jerking off all the time changing settings, recalibrating each time.
I don't know, but I set up my V4 according to what Adam emailed me (dropping H4350) and I get 1 overcharge out of every twenty or so...

I don't know, but I set up my V4 according to what Adam emailed me (dropping H4350) and I get 1 overcharge out of every twenty or so...
Try that with RL50 or n570. That’s the problem w the v4 it’s oriented towards the middle of the caliber spectrum. I don’t think Adam shoots 50 BMG

Right there with you, accept that I am more like 49/50 with h4350.
Have been running n560 the last couple of days. I think I have it dialed now, ran 1 overage today in 25 charges.