• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Super Yoter C - Any Experience Yet?

rlsmith1

Legalize Freedom
Minuteman
  • May 1, 2019
    Midwest
    I know these aren't super common yet, but this is an interesting clip on in the sub $5k range with a 640 core. Only info I've seen is human detection to 2,500 yds and up to 20x magnification supported but this seems very optimistic for a clip on under $5k. I'd love to be wrong!!

Does anyone have experience with this one?

I didn't know if they are out yet. Would love to see a review myself.

I know these aren't super common yet, but this is an interesting clip on in the sub $5k range with a 640 core. Only info I've seen is human detection to 2,500 yds and up to 20x magnification supported but this seems very optimistic for a clip on under $5k. I'd love to be wrong!!

Does anyone have experience with this one?
    I have one right now and I’ll be getting some video of it if it ever stops raining. The image is pretty decent so far with very little time behind it. 20x seems to be a bit of a bogus claim but I’ll have footage soon enough to speak for itself.

Jay

I have one right now and I’ll be getting some video of it if it ever stops raining. The image is pretty decent so far with very little time behind it. 20x seems to be a bit of a bogus claim but I’ll have footage soon enough to speak for itself.

Jay
    Awesome! Looking forward to it.

Jay
    Great to hear! Form factor seems to be about right... Looks to be 6 to 7 inches long? The Yoter C that is...

I used an early prototype. I have to be honest, I don't like any thermal clip ons. I don't like the extra weight, controls in front of a day scope, as well as their extra cost. For the extra price, a person could buy a 2nd gun or for sure another upper.

For a clip-on it is OK. I used it on 4-12x Swarovski and Bering sent a 5-20x Sniper Scope to prove it could handle 20x. Yes, I could make out an image but it was not realistic shooting at that high of a magnification. I would still recommend a lower powered scope even it is better than most clip-ons with a higher glass scope magnification.

I was able to take it off and on (using the objective attachment, not the Pic Rail attachment) and the zero did not shift. I still believe a Hogster, Super Hogster, or soon to be Super Yoter - R will serve most people better than the Yoter - C clip on, but if you are determined to own a clip on, the Yoter - C is a good choice.. Feel free to give Night Goggles a shout if you want to order one. Tell them you are from the Hide to get a Hide discount. Night Goggles doesn't have them on their website at this point, but can get one ordered up so you can get one as soon as they are available.

Last edited:
    Reactions: DIBBS and rlsmith1
    I still believe a Hogster, Super Hogster, or soon to be Super Yoter - R will serve most people better than the Yoter - C clip on, but if you are determined to own a clip on, the Yoter - C is decent.
    Will the Yoter R have different core or specs than C?

Let's just say..... the yoter blows the tig away image quality wise. It's not even close. Now, the tig is a tested military optic and has a much better housing/bomb proof.... but has drawbacks. The Yoter has a much more civilian housing... but man the image is amazing. Even better, or comparable, to the UTC X I owned at lower magnifications at least. And to the dealer that said this clip on is decent in terms of image quality... I'm not sure what you're talking about. The image I seen tonight was phenomenal.

Last edited:
    • Wow
    Reactions: jwramp
    20210714_000456.jpg

20210714_000026.jpg
    20210713_235208.jpg

Images look GREAT ! Good news for the PLA, bad news for us ;) All Hail the PLA !!!

I'm impressed with the sensitivity of the unit, even more than the resolution. But, that doesn't say it will hold up under field conditions. Shoot 100 rds of 308 in the rain with it and report results !! :D

Images look GREAT ! Good news for the PLA, bad news for us ;) All Hail the PLA !!!

I'm impressed with the sensitivity of the unit, even more than the resolution. But, that doesn't say it will hold up under field conditions. Shoot 100 rds of 308 in the rain with it and report results !! :D
    That is the next test for sure.... tomorrow.

The Super Yoter along with all Bering optics thermals are assembled, and serviced in CA and TX. Yes, the sensor is from iRay which is manufactured in China. As for how Bering equipment holds up, I have pounded a Hogster, Super Hogster, Phenom and many other Bering products and they have held up including me personally taking over 300 coyotes during a ND winter. This included 3 nights of hunting at -25F with virtually every night hunting below freezing. If something goes wrong, Bering has a 4-year transferrable warranty and services their entire line up of thermals.

Last edited:
    And to the dealer that said this clip on is decent in terms of image quality... I'm not sure what you're talking about. The image I seen tonight was phenomenal.
    I am prostaff for Night Goggles and test/vet a lot of the thermals for them. I am very glad the image you experienced was phenomenal. The unit I received was a prototype and Bering asked me to test it with a glass scope that was 5-20x magnification. This was my test case and I was also testing in high humidity. In those conditions, the image was OK which may be saying a lot for testing at such high magnification in tough conditions. I am testing the Super Yoter - R currently, and I will say the image is amazing on the - R. I wasn't trying to put a damper the - C, but just being realistic to the 20x claims. I report my actual experiences good, bad and otherwise. There are pros and cons to clip ons.

Last edited:
    Will the Yoter R have different core or specs than C?
    I am testing a prototype of the Super Yoter - R currently. It is a 640x512, 12µm, 50mm, 3-12x TWS. I will post a review video when complete. I would ask to hold additional questions until the review is ready. The specs are different because of the focal length and one being a clip on and the other a stand alone TWS.

Reactions: Bevo
    How well will something like this work with a small objective scope like the razor 1-6?

I've been interested in getting a clip on for a while now because most of my hunts start in day and then move into night.

Reactions: godofthunder
    How well will something like this work with a small objective scope like the razor 1-6?

I've been interested in getting a clip on for a while now because most of my hunts start in day and then move into night.

I tend to default to sub 10x power optics, and that squarely plants LPVOs in the sweet spot of non-collimated clip-ons. You will most likely appreciate using the Razor as the day optic.

The Yoter along with all Bering optics is assembled, and serviced in CA and TX. Yes, the sensor is iRay which is manufactured in China. As for how Bering equipment holds up, I have pounded a Hogster, Super Hogster, Phenom and many other Bering products and they have help up including 3 nights of hunting at -25F.

@kirsch

The cold isn't really a big deal to me because it only really implies your batteries won't last as long. Having no experience with any Bering Optic product, and very limited on PLA products in general, I tend to worry about their ability to handle weather with IPX ratings.

Have you been out in a (and I quote) "Noah's rain" with the Yoter or Hogster lines? Can you tell us a bit about the experience?

It's no secret that China structures pricing to align with "race to the bottom" mentality, and in some cases, it has merit, but overall the huge detractor is that everything is bought cheap because it's viewed as a consumable. We often see warranty claims handled by replacing products rather than fixing existing products that were defective. Can you tell me about your experience with how Bering handles warranty, and what the implied warranty structure looks like?

@jstokes1 those images look really good. I'm interested in hearing your follow-up thoughts, collimation procedures, etc. Love seeing new offerings hit the market.

Reactions: jstokes1
    The cold isn't really a big deal to me because it only really implies your batteries won't last as long. Having no experience with any Bering Optic product, and very limited on PLA products in general, I tend to worry about their ability to handle weather with IPX ratings.

Have you been out in a (and I quote) "Noah's rain" with the Yoter or Hogster lines? Can you tell us a bit about the experience?

I have spent a lot of time behind Bering thermals with my using them for hunting and testing for Night Goggles. I have used it in fairly heavy snow but that is different than rain. I freezer test the thermals but do not "dunk" test them. So, the short answer is no, I haven't hunted with them in any type of "Noah's rain" situations. However, I will say the iRay sensor seems to handle high humidity better than BAE, Flir or ULIS sensors in my opinion. Many people used to scoff when I said that and would say it simply can't be true. Now, James O'neill from O'neill Ops has been saying it and others are realizing it as well and people are starting to see what I have been saying is true.

It's no secret that China structures pricing to align with "race to the bottom" mentality, and in some cases, it has merit, but overall the huge detractor is that everything is bought cheap because it's viewed as a consumable. We often see warranty claims handled by replacing products rather than fixing existing products that were defective. Can you tell me about your experience with how Bering handles warranty, and what the implied warranty structure looks like?
    I agree 100% there is a trend to buying cheap and viewing items as consumable. If this was Bering Optic's philosophy, I would not own their products. First, they do assemble their products in the US. Second, they service their entire line up of thermals in the US.

For a long time, it was hard to gauge Bering's service. The reason is none of the Bering thermals Night Goggles was selling were going back for service. I spoke to Tom Austin, director of Night Goggles, and of all the brands NGI carried including Flir, Pulsar, Trijicon, and Bering Optics, Bering thermals were the products they experienced the lowest RMAs %. When Bering released the Super Hogsters last year, there was a small batch of early orders that had a screen issue. The display manufacturer sent one batch of non-cold rated screens. The screens would act up in cold weather. It gave Night Goggles a chance to really see how Bering would handle service. In most cases, Bering turned the repairs around in 1-2 days. I have not had any malfunctions happen to any of the Bering thermals I own. However, last year I dropped a Phenom on a concrete road and broke a piece of the housing. It still functioned perfectly even after this but I didn't want any water or dust to get inside the unit. I sent the Phenom to Bering, and it was repaired and back to me right away. Their 4-year warranty is also transferrable.

Last edited:
    the short answer is no, I haven't hunted with them in any type of "Noah's rain" situations. However, I will say the iRay sensor seems to handle high humidity better than BAE, Flir or ULIS sensors in my opinion.

I agree 100% there is a trend to buying cheap and viewing items as consumable. If this was Bering Optic's philosophy, I would not own their products. First, they do assemble their products in the US. Second, they service their entire line up of thermals in the US.

In most cases, Bering turned the repairs around in 1-2 days.

I'm not discounting the performance they offering in humid weather. I think most people get caught up with pretty images, but at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is how well it finds heat, and if it will help you execute a shot. I haven't found FLIR or BAE cores to prevent me from shooting, but sure, humidity plays havoc on images. There's no way around it.

In terms of rain, most people aren't hunting in a 100% down poor, but if you get caught out in the woods and weather rolls through like it often does in my AO, it's better to have peace of mind which is why we test this component as well. If you get caught in less than desirable conditions, I would be interested in hearing your feedback.

Service in the US is a big deal. Assembly is in the US is important, but one can only assemble these goods to the tolerance that each component can maintain. Even US based assembly lines can have problems, and this is relevant for all manufacturers.

Quick turn around is great, especially if it's rarely exercised. Like any consumer, I prefer to know what I'm getting into with any investment, thermal or otherwise, and it sounds like they have a path to take care of their customers.

Do they service them out of Irving, TX, or California?

For my Phenom, it went to CA. It may depend on the model. I will ask Bering this question, but the response may be delayed as they take 2 weeks off over July 4th.

If your unit doesn't stand up to heavy rain, they have the warranty to back it up. I know most models are IP67 rated.

Reactions: rlsmith1
    I get that these units are assembled and serviced in the USA, but you mentioned earlier iRay (China) how much else of the product is made in China and sent to USA for assembly. I realize that China is hard to get away from (especially with anything with a microchip, circuit board, etc.) but as a general rule I am doing my best to stay away from products that benefit the CCP, so this is an important aspect for me.

I am testing a prototype of the Super Yoter - R currently. It is a 640x512, 12µm, 50mm, 3-12x TWS. I will post a review video when complete. I would ask to hold additional questions until the review is ready. The specs are different because of the focal length and one being a clip on and the other a stand alone TWS.
    Saw @Double Naught Spy testing something from bering as well and figured it was a 640 TWS. Based on everything else from Bering, I'm guessing the image quality is going to be fantastic on this unit...let's see where they land with price though.

Saw @Double Naught Spy testing something from bering as well and figured it was a 640 TWS. Based on everything else from Bering, I'm guessing the image quality is going to be fantastic on this unit...let's see where they land with price though.
    Should end up with pricing around $4,500 for the -R TWS. Less expensive than anything else even close to this image.

I get that these units are assembled and serviced in the USA, but you mentioned earlier iRay (China) how much else of the product is made in China and sent to USA for assembly. I realize that China is hard to get away from (especially with anything with a microchip, circuit board, etc.) but as a general rule I am doing my best to stay away from products that benefit the CCP, so this is an important aspect for me.
    As a dealer we don’t get a parts list with every part and where it is produced whether for Bering, Pulsar, Trijicon or any thermal company. I would recommend sending a message to [email protected] with that question and the exact model you are thinking about if you wish for that specific of detail.

Reactions: Glassaholic

Well, I am not supposed to say a whole lot, but what I can tell you of the new optic is that it does have a nice picture and is working well for me. Four hogs and 1 coyote down so far. My hands are tied as to model and specs.

Ok, I may be remedial but can someone help decipher this for me?

The FOV on the Hogster C is 9°x6.7°

I’ve heard it mentioned that the clip on has a narrow FOV but how many feet is that at 100yds?

I have a trail and the FOV on it is 9.8’-17.2’@100yds so trying to get a gauge of how tight the clip on is.

Ok, I may be remedial but can someone help decipher this for me?

The FOV on the Hogster C is 9°x6.7°

I’ve heard it mentioned that the clip on has a narrow FOV but how many feet is that at 100yds?

I have a trail and the FOV on it is 9.8’-17.2’@100yds so trying to get a gauge of how tight the clip on is
    You wrote 17.2 feet x 9.8 feet but I believe you meant 17.2 yds which is something like an XQ38. Pulsar typically lists their FOV in yards or meters.

The way to calculate from Angular FOV to Linear FOV is take the degree x 52.5. This is for 1000 yards. Divide by 10 to get to 100 yards but this measurement is in feet. In the example 9° x 52.5 = 472.5 divided by 10 is 47.25 feet at 100 yards. Divide by 3 to go from feet to yards get 15.75 yards at 100 yards.

Your answer is 15.75 yards - 11.725 yards or 47.25’ - 35.175’

Last edited:
    Reactions: mikefraz
    I'll be posting a full review as soon as I can take it out to the range and fully test the zero retention/zero procedure (range was closed yesterday).

Thus far I've tested the image primarily on several different optics including: 4x32 TA31RCOMP, 3x G33 magnifier, Elcan 1.5/6, and the NF ATACR. From my findings so far... the image quality in relation to the price is the best I've seen out of an optic in this category. It provides an acceptionally sharp picture that still holds out to at least 8x optical.

Comparing the image to my TigIR 6z+.. which is a 12k thermal, and it blows it away in terms of sharpness and PID (positive identification) at distance. I was able to PID animals out to 1000 yards with ease.. I'll post some pictures comparing the two.

As a handheld monocular, it is also fantastic and gives the user high resolution detail that can be fine tuned to any environment.

All in all, it's the best under $5000 thermal clip on I've come across thus far.... and holds up image wise with the likes of the UTC X at lower magnification ranges. Only thing left to do now is shoot with it

Reactions: jwramp
    @kirsch

@jstokes1 those images look really good. I'm interested in hearing your follow-up thoughts, collimation procedures, etc. Love seeing new offerings hit the market.

I recently picked up a phenom hand held and it has a great image and is tough to beat for the money. It rains 6 months out of the year here and it will see a lot of miles on a neck lanyard this winter so we'll see how waterproof it is.

I'm very happy with it but hopefully without hurting anyone's feelings I'll say the phenom is a recreational device and the nox is a tool. It's really an apples to oranges comparison it just depends on what a person's needs are.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
    I recently picked up a phenom hand held and it has a great image and is tough to beat for the money. It rains 6 months out of the year here and it will see a lot of miles on a neck lanyard this winter so we'll see how waterproof it is.

I'm very happy with it but hopefully without hurting anyone's feelings I'll say the phenom is a recreational device and the nox is a tool. It's really an apples to oranges comparison it just depends on what a person's needs are.
    You sure aren't going to hurt my feelings as it is good to hear everyone's perspective. My phenom got used on 36 coyotes hunts and was the most crucial part of my shooting 304 coyotes in temps ranging from 70 to -25F. It was used in snowstorms to backyard summer rabbit duty. It has never locked up, froze, or glitched one time. To be the most important component to kill 300+ coyotes in 3 months in ND conditions, if that isn't a tool, I don't know what is? Is it built for military use, probably not, but it flat out works? I would classify coyote hunting as recreational, so your label is probably fine and applies to the majority of civilians using thermals.

It will be great to hear how it holds up to rain for you.

Last edited:
    I wasn't referring to you I have always found your reviews balanced and
    factual. Some people seem to be emotionally invested in these devices and their mind is made up no matter what. I've actually had people pm me before telling me how wrong I am about something😄.

I skim a lot of posts looking to pick useful information out of the clutter. Posts like yours above are whats useful. You said it went on 36 hunts and unless someone wants to call you a lair it just is what it is. You didn't say that you "feel" like this makes it superior to x, y, or z just 36 hunts period.

As far as my tool comment I'm not a soldier and never have been so I try to avoid military sounding catch phrases to categorize things. I'm also not interested in discussing the current situation in our country with strangers on the internet so I avoid discussing practical applications of the devices in question.

I'd strongly considered a nox 35 over a second 18 because it would take nicer pictures at distance even though the 18 was better in our environment for practical purposes. I realized this was silly thanks to a few members here and ordered another 18 and the phenom. You'll have to read between the lines a bit but I bought the noxs for work and the phenom for play. These are newer devices so we don't have a lot of information to go on but thats my opinion at this point for what its worth.

How about a little comparison? Top is the Super yoter in front of an Elcan 6x, below is the TigIR.
    Screenshot_20210716-171752_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210716-171211_Gallery.jpg

G33 3x magnifier, deer was close.
    Screenshot_20210716-171708_Gallery.jpg

G33 magnifier 3x Yoter.
    Screenshot_20210716-171657_Gallery.jpg

3x G33, 2x digital zoom, building at 500+ yards.
    Screenshot_20210716-171627_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210716-171127_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20210716-171127_Gallery.jpg
      75.4 KB · Views: 112
    Last edited:
    In image order: 6x elcan 1x digital with building at 500+ yards, G33 magnifier 3x building roughly 200 yards away, 6x elcan 2x digital, horse 40 yards w/ a 4x32 TA31RCOM4CP, NF ATACR at 3x optical looking at buildings 1.34 miles away, and ATACR again around 2.5x optical mag.
    Screenshot_20210716-171146_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• 20210713_211317.jpg
      20210713_211317.jpg
      574.5 KB · Views: 191
    • 20210715_215137.jpg
      20210715_215137.jpg
      353.9 KB · Views: 182
    • Screenshot_20210716-171106_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20210716-171106_Gallery.jpg
      102.4 KB · Views: 206
    • Screenshot_20210716-134137_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20210716-134137_Gallery.jpg
      91.3 KB · Views: 221
    • 20210714_210301.jpg
      20210714_210301.jpg
      246.1 KB · Views: 199

No doubt. Variety is the spice of life. Competition is always a good thing

I am prostaff for Night Goggles and test/vet a lot of the thermals for them. I am very glad the image you experienced was phenomenal. The unit I received was a prototype and Bering asked me to test it with a glass scope that was 5-20x magnification. This was my test case and I was also testing in high humidity. In those conditions, the image was OK which may be saying a lot for testing at such high magnification in tough conditions. I am testing the Super Yoter - R currently, and I will say the image is amazing on the - R. I wasn't trying to put a damper the - C, but just being realistic to the 20x claims. I report my actual experiences good, bad and otherwise. There are pros and cons to clip ons.
    I will agree with this. There isn't a enough back end demagnification, like with the UTCx, for the image to support 20x optical zoom and be usable. I'd say the image on 1x optical with the ATACR I tested this with is produces a screen image that is about 2x the size of what that image looks like with the UTCx, so that means about 2x less capability for supporting day optic magnification.

What I have found though, as with 99% of clip ons, it handles 1-8x LPVOs perfectly, and with the added 4x digital zoom, it really increases your PID distance dramatically while still maintaining a usable image.

Take this for example, this was taken with the Yoter on an Elcan 1.5/6, set the to 6x setting along with 4x digital zoom for a net magnification of 24x. The building is roughly 500+ yards away... and it still looked much better to my eye than what you can see in the image below. I think most people that get into clip ons have the misconception that they can go with just any day optic and fail to recognize that the day optic really determines how good/bad of an image you're seeing.

Add is another picture of the same building but at 6x optical, but this picture came out a little clearer

Attachments

• 20210715_215137.jpg
      20210715_215137.jpg
      353.9 KB · Views: 319
    • 20210715_211953.jpg
      20210715_211953.jpg
      590.3 KB · Views: 345
    Last edited:
    Can you, please, clarify what are those two images? Which one is the image with the wider FOV?
    Both are from the Super yoter, the first is a net magnification of 24x (6x optical and 4x digital) and the other is just 6x digital. I was trying to show the capabilites of the unit under even more extreme magnification, to which is does very well... especially for the price point. The image on the right hand side is less resolution because you're zoomed into the core 4x, therefore fourthing the core resolution, on top of being 6x zoomed into the OLED display. Given this, that's a great image that out performs the TigIR.

Both are from the Super yoter, the first is a net magnification of 24x (6x optical and 4x digital) and the other is just 6x digital. I was trying to show the capabilites of the unit under even more extreme magnification, to which is does very well... especially for the price point. The image on the right hand side is less resolution because you're zoomed into the core 4x, therefore fourthing the core resolution, on top of being 6x zoomed into the OLED display. Given this, that's a great image that out performs the TigIR.
    Thank you! Actually, to my eyes, the image on the right (wider FOV) looks better than the one on the left if I zoom it in.

Thank you! Actually, to my eyes, the image on the right (wider FOV) looks better than the one on the left if I zoom it in.
    Thats probably just my camera itself causing that, making the images more blurry than they actually are. The image on the right is a better representation of what I'm seeing through the scope.

Reactions: Max_R
    got any pic of the mounting system for this clip on? is it rail mountable?
    Same options as the Hogster - C. Both have the option to be scope mounted or rail mounted.

rail_mount.jpg

scope_mount.jpg

These images are taken directly from the Bering Optic's Web page for the Hogster - C.

got any pic of the mounting system for this clip on? is it rail mountable?
    You can either mount it on bell of your day optic with the Rusan mount, or with the pic rail adapter. The height is 1.5" with the pic rail. I typically use the pic rail as I know it'll remain zero, and has thus far upon dismounting then remounting.

Also, thanks again to 357magag for shipping the unit to me overnight, and ensuring that I was one of the first customers to receive a unit!

Oh, and I never addressed the claim of "supporting 20x magnification". I will say that just about every clip on thermal receives the most benefit when using in combination with an LPVO (1 to 10 power per say). This unit has back end demagnification, making the OLED display smaller than it actually is, for a total net mag of 1x (which is needed). Based on what I would assume is a 2x optical mag from the 50mm objective and 0.5x mag from the eye piece, this thermal supports maybe up to 12x optical and retain a usable image.

Now.... when you pair this with the up to 4x digital magnification, you can push it past 20x net mag. First picture elow is of a rabbit about 50 yards away, with the day optic turned up to 10x optical and 4x digital mag added. The second is a cat using 10x optical mag and 1x digital native mag.

Attachments

• 20210719_220129.jpg
      20210719_220129.jpg
      328.3 KB · Views: 252
    • 20210719_222200.jpg
      20210719_222200.jpg
      68.3 KB · Views: 273
    Interesting. Wonder how the yoter-c and a leupold mk6 1-6 or a vortex 1-10 vs a halo lr would compare?

Reactions: Bmaier69
    Interesting. Wonder how the yoter-c and a leupold mk6 1-6 or a vortex 1-10 vs a halo lr would compare?
    It looks best with LPVOs in general. However, the best day optic I've seen with the Super Yoter is the Vortex 1-10x24 Gen III Razor. This day optic seems to be the best with any clip on thermal I've seen to date. Even does better than my NF ATACR 1-8x24.

I had a Halo LR previously, and the image to my eye is slightly better at 3x optical with the Vortex/Super Yoter than with the Halo LR.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Jgunner