• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Supermatch M1A... I did it again!

oneshot onekill

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2008
DeBary, Florida
Yep, I went and got myself another Supermatch M1A!...
Back in the late 90's I had one. I rarely shot it because I couldn't get the scope mount to stay locked steady and I was using a crappy scope and crappier surplus ammo. I had bought it because I couldn't pass up the deal I got on it. Wound up selling it for twice what I paid.
Fast-forward to now... I just got another one. This time it has an ARMS mount and a Leupold 3.5-10x40 Tactical scope and I plan to only shoot Match ammo at first and my reloads after that. If it comes in under MOA I'll be happy as hell! I just had to do it because there's no denying a Supermatch M1A is one Sexy Bitch! I'll post pics ASAP and a range report as soon as I get a chance to shoot her. Fingers crossed!!!

Re: Supermatch M1A... I did it again!

You'll have to swing by the Flagler gun club and shoot our high power match. They'll let you use a scope, but your score wont count. It's fired ar 200 with reduced size targets. There is also the Volusia gun and hunt club but I'm not to sure what they have as far a finnished ranges or facilities. Ours is private but anyone can shoot the matches and if you send me a PM you can shoot as my guest any-time

That's an offer I'll have to take you up on! I generally shoot at SCGAA (Seminole County Gun and Archery) but I'm always up for shooting at other ranges. I'm hoping to get out to SCGAA on Sunday if I can find some Match ammo at a decent price.

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's an offer I'll have to take you up on! I generally shoot at SCGAA (Seminole County Gun and Archery) but I'm always up for shooting at other ranges. I'm hoping to get out to SCGAA on Sunday if I can find some Match ammo at a decent price.

Thanks! </div></div>

I've had good luck with that new American Eagle M1A 168g OTM load. It is about $15.00 a box around here. I've also had good luck with a M118LR equivalent load consisting of LC brass, 175G SMK, 43.1 grain of RL15, Win large primer or Fed 210 primer with a COL of 2.81. My rifle is a NM not a SM. Great rifles, have fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Prairie Dog Dundee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's an offer I'll have to take you up on! I generally shoot at SCGAA (Seminole County Gun and Archery) but I'm always up for shooting at other ranges. I'm hoping to get out to SCGAA on Sunday if I can find some Match ammo at a decent price.

Thanks! </div></div>

I've had good luck with that new American Eagle M1A 168g OTM load. It is about $15.00 a box around here. I've also had good luck with a M118LR equivalent load consisting of LC brass, 175G SMK, 43.1 grain of RL15, Win large primer or Fed 210 primer with a COL of 2.81. My rifle is a NM not a SM. Great rifles, have fun. </div></div>

Great info! Thanks for that!

Well, I took my new girl out to the range yesterday. No pics because I forgot to bring a camera... And besides, I shot like shit! I was shooting some 150gr. reloads my Brother made back in 1999. They weren't what I would have liked to shoot but they were a Christmas Present he gave me so I'd have something to shoot right away. Anyway, I saw the potential for sub-MOA groups but I have to get used to her. I've been shooting a 40X in a McMillan A5 so I've been spoiled by a 2LB. trigger, longer LOP and an adjustable cheek-rest. I'm sure with some Match Rounds that are a little heavier I'll be able to dial her in. Hopefully I'll get some pics of the rifle posted tonight. I'll do a better range report once I get myself dialed in to shooting with this platform.

And here she is...
n15et3.jpg

Make sure and get those iron's set up for 200 and send a PM when your ready to come visit

Rumor is she loves Federal 168 BTHP Match and Hornady 172 TAP! At least that is what she showed me. Bro ,that is like seeing your ex with her new bo. Wait till you see your ex. A big hell-ya on your test results! Keep it up .