• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressing 5.45 Krinkov?

PatrickChewing

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 28, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    Evening gents,

I'm in the process of getting a Russian Tula 5.45 SBR built. I like the idea of it being suppressor ready. The suppressor I'm thinking about is Surefire Socom556. I figure it could pull double duty on some of my other rifles.

Does anyone have any experience or tips about making all this work? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Clay

Re: Suppressing 5.45 Krinkov?

I'm building a Krink as well and that looks like a pretty good set up. I'll have to put one of those on my short list of cans to buy.

smile.gif

I have a Krink and I'm waiting on my Stamps for 2 cans.

I've came across several problems. One of'em is with the threads being concentric with the barrel. Hate to get a baffle strike, right?

Gemtech has and adapter for their Halo cans... I've personally shot one mounted on an ak74... that sh*t was sweet, and very quiet.
    http://www.vltor.com/sound-supressors-and-adpaters.html

as for my Krink... I would probably have to go shave off material to get a 1/2x28 threaded adapter put on (as I have an AAC 726 SDN6 on it's way to me soon) and modify my muzzle booster to still work with the 1/2x28 threaded barrel.

.30 cal cans. The whores of the suppressor community!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BravoSector1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.30 cal cans. The whores of the suppressor community! </div></div>

X2

Who did the work to mount the brake. Id be interested in using my M4-2000 in my Tula Krink.

photobucket-7996-1342726931310.jpg

I had my good friend/gun smith (BPTactical) shave off enough meat to get the Brakeout to screw directly on the barrel leaving me some meat to thread back on the muzzle booster if needed.
    I was initially going with a blank, but he recommended mounting it straight onto the barrel. He has worked and threaded many firearms for suppressors and never had a baffle strike, and he wasn't planning on starting with mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 317millhand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who did the work to mount the brake. Id be interested in using my M4-2000 in my Tula Krink.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: islandermyk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had my good friend/gun smith (BPTactical) shave off enough meat to get the Brakeout to screw directly on the barrel leaving me some meat to thread back on the muzzle booster if needed.
    I was initially going with a blank, but he recommended mounting it straight onto the barrel. He has worked and threaded many firearms for suppressors and never had a baffle strike, and he wasn't planning on starting with mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 317millhand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who did the work to mount the brake. Id be interested in using my M4-2000 in my Tula Krink.

</div></div> </div></div>

For most this is the best option. Relying upon Kyhber Pass or run of the mill block country gunsmith quality control will end up in frustration and/or a damaged suppressor.

To thread the barrel did he use a pilot guide and die or did he turn it on a lathe? i have a krink that i wanted to do the same.

Do you guys not like the Vltor/Gemtech Halo setup?

There wasn't anything in-stock here in CO. and saw that the AAC SDN6 would work I figured why not. I have a buddy that has the Gemtech setup and thought it was great, but I went with the SDN6 so I could move around on different host with different calibers.

To thread the barrel did he use a pilot guide and die or did he turn it on a lathe? i have a krink that i wanted to do the same.
    You would probably have to ask him.
    Here's a link to his business:
    http://www.bptacticalservices.com/

Really cool guy... more than willing to help out! Just let him know "islandermyk" sent you about the work he did on my Krink.
    I haven't shot the dang thing yet... but I'll get back and update this weekend :)