• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressor advice

I would caution the OP against this advice. Buying a .30 cal can to use on all your ARs and bolt guns is the only way you're ever going to only buy one can. If you stick to the above advice and buy a 556 can you will absolutely end up buying another can. And if you stick to the specific advice of not shooting a smaller bore gun through a larger bore can then that means you need to buy a .223 can, a 6mm can for your competition bolt gun, a 6.5 can for your AR-10 6.5 CM, a .30 cal can for that 308 you own, a 9mm can for your pistol, etc. So and so forth. By definition that advice is overkill.

Here is something to consider. Thunder beast doesn't even make a 556 can anymore because they believe the difference in sound is negligible. I own a dozen cans. None of them are smaller than .30 cal with the exception of one .22LR can.

I think resources like Pewscience is great but I can see the drawback to presenting a bunch of data in a "just the facts, ma'am" way is that people get wrapped up around the numbers without context of how much they really matter when you're shooting a 2 gun match. A few decibels will go unnoticed when you're running and gunning. After your first couple of range trips where you're just listening to your new suppressor for the sake of trying to appreciate the sound reduction, you likely won't notice.
What cans do you own??

I looking real hard at the DeadAir Nomad-30 with the addition of the E-brake and KeyMo QD system.

But I'm also still open to the ThunderBeast Ultra 7 GEN2
Or the Silencerco Omega 300

It will be used on 300WM, .308, 6.5CM Gassers and Bolt Guns.

I'll of course try it on my small gassers but more than likely I'll pick up a dedicated 5.56 suppressor, you have any recommendations??

I should clarify a little of what I said - you absolutely can shoot smaller calibers through a larger can. You’ll most likely loose flash performance and sound depending on barrel length, suppressor length, and caliber being shot. All depends on what you’re trying to prioritize.

Thinking you’re going to own one can that does it all is a fine idea, but everyone I know has failed at sticking to that.

Reactions: AMGtuned
What cans do you own??

I looking real hard at the DeadAir Nomad-30 with the addition of the E-brake and KeyMo QD system.

But I'm also still open to the ThunderBeast Ultra 7 GEN2
Or the Silencerco Omega 300

It will be used on 300WM, .308, 6.5CM Gassers and Bolt Guns.

I'll of course try it on my small gassers but more than likely I'll pick up a dedicated 5.56 suppressor, you have any recommendations??

CGS Helios QD Ti

I thought TI was a No-No with High output cans.

Also anyone ever run a can on a AK, kinda seems like that would be the rifle to do it on.

Ti is only a concern with temperature. Unless you plan on doing like 4 mag dumps in a row on an AR you're going to be fine. They have the inconel version as well if you need a ridiculously durable hard use can.

el6wJIF.jpg

Reactions: AMGtuned
If you wanna be nerds the Pew Science review of OCL Polonium makes the CGS Helios Ti look sad especially for how much it costs.

Ti is only a concern with temperature. Unless you plan on doing like 4 mag dumps in a row on an AR you're going to be fine. They have the inconel version as well if you need a ridiculously durable hard use can.

el6wJIF.jpg

I see you have the nomad and Omega both with their own version on the muzzle brake front caps, any preference or pros and cons one over the other??

Other consideration is Ti sparks to some degree. If that’s a signature issue, something also to consider.

My advice would be to NOT spend $1k on a 5.56 can. Plenty of performance is available for WAY less than that.

OCL Polonium
YHM T2

If you're looking for very low backpressure/gas then look at OSS/HUXWRX cans.

DDC is developing a 5.56 can as well...I'm sure it will compare similarly to the Polonium but they might have more options in terms of materials and lengths (not sure about that though).

I’ll just chime in to say that you will probably be happy with any modern can from a reputable company. I’d recommend .30 cal and with a HUB (1.375x24) rear so you can use whatever mounting system you want. Any can will make a difference and be more pleasant than not having it on. Sounds like you did your research so just pick the one you’re leaning towards and get it! It sounds like money isn’t a big issue for you so I’m sure you’ll end up getting more in the future.

Reactions: ut755ln
I see you have the nomad and Omega both with their own version on the muzzle brake front caps, any preference or pros and cons one over the other??

I don't notice a huge difference tbh, they do work but I don't use them. Also shooting prone in the desert it makes dust and whatnot kick up. Makes each one an inch or so longer with some added weight. I feel like the omega's is slightly more effective but it's also louder.

On something like a 300wm it would probably be more noticeable. 6.5cm, .308 you can tell it works, 5.56 it still works but it's mostly negligible imo. I just run the flat caps.

If you wanna be nerds the Pew Science review of OCL Polonium makes the CGS Helios Ti look sad especially for how much it costs.

Kinda, it's still the best 6-7" can on 308 by a large margin, quiter at the ear on 5.56 than the polonium as well. But it's muzzle rating is not that surprising since you can technically shoot .338 through the helios. If you listen to his podcast he also postulates that a longer barrel/ increased velocity will increase the performance. That matches my experience. Its not great on my 10.5" noveske but does sound pretty good on my 16" kac and 18" radian. It really shines on 6.5 and 308. The polonium ear data is also very concerning imo, you better have a well tuned host. The impulse data at the ear is not fantastic. It's the highest back pressure 5.56 can tested so far.

If someone like bigjake is asking for something for use on bolt guns, 300wm, 308/6.5cm bolt and gas guns and some 5.56 use it's going to be my recommendation over other 30 cal can I have/have used. It's very impressive on 6.5 cm and 308, gas or bolt.

Reactions: bigjake83
Unfortunately all mine are in jail. I was never into the suppressor game with the pay up front and wait a year. Since ATF started the eForms I have a Sandman S, K, Cgs Helios QD TI, Nomad TI, CGS Mod 9 and SK and Mask HD all in jail. My 2 Sandman cans just broke the 90 day mark. I figured I’d knock out my wish list before something changes. Lol

My comparison points are all the following cans that I have shot/handled:

Helios qd ti, Dominus cb, Dominus k, ultra 7, ultra 7 6.5, sandman k, surefire rc2, aem5, full Nelson, 762 rc2, 338 ultra sr.

Last edited:
If I could only have 1 can I’d go sandman s or Helios qd ti. The ti is full auto rated down to 10.3 5.56. Also you can buy the 5.56 end cap for the sandman.

Reactions: ut755ln