• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor Order Wait Time (Not Form 4)

macman2564

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Enterprise, AL
I ordered a SF mini suppressor back in January. The dealer still says that the suppressor has not arrived.

Does this seem abnormally long? The payment was made in full for the suppressor on Jan 23. I would not think that it would take that long to recieve one to the dealer.

Please advise me if this is a normal occurrence.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Re: Suppressor Order Wait Time (Not Form 4)

normal for surefire, next time buy one that's in stock at your dealer or find a dealer that has one. Form 3 from another dealer will always be faster.

Depends on how your dealer ordered it. If they called surefire then sure it could take that long. Some distributors might have them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">normal for surefire, next time buy one that's in stock at your dealer or find a dealer that has one. <span style="color: #FF0000">Form 3 from another dealer will always be faster.</span> </div></div>

And how do you figure that? They are all form 3's... Just depends if it is sitting on the shelf or not when you call in.

KYS338 your 3's are going in tomorrow, they should take 4-6 weeks. They were running up to 8. Hoping the get back to the 21 days back in the good old days. Side not. Not so many years ago, 07 form 1's were 45 days. Many how I miss the good old days.

Ky jelly, don't you question me
wink.gif
. I'm going based off if they don't have one sitting on their shelf. If a stocking dealer has one or SF have one available, chances are they'll probably be show up around the same time.

It all depends on what state that you order from. Here in Ky form 3s are taking 3 weeks. The stuff, I order from states like AZ are taking closer to 3 months. Also, be sure to order from a dealer that has them in stock as mentioned above. Some distributors have been backordered on certain suppressors for over a year.

Dealers have nothing to loose here. They get your money up front. Same thiung happened to me on this when I started buying. Did NOT happen a second time. Only buy what you can put your hands on.

I have tried dealing with Surefire-they do make good gear, and they price it accordingly. The SF dealer in my apea cannot produce the product.

Basically you are between the rock and the hardspot.

Thanks for the responses guys. I just wanted to make sure. I guess this is just a Surefire thing then.

It is an industry thing to be fair. It is what happens when demand is way higher than supply. Find a dealer who stocks and order from them and it won't be as frustrating.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: egraham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is an industry thing to be fair. It is what happens when demand is way higher than supply. Find a dealer who stocks and order from them and it won't be as frustrating. </div></div>

+1

I ordered an integrally suppressed rifle back in January and it still hasn't shown up. While initially I had dreams of super-squirrel hunting this fall/winter, I doubt I get it before Valentine's day next year (including my form 4). I really wish I had gotten one that was on the shelf, but either way it is going to be sumbitchin amazing when it gets here!

I ordered a can about 3/1 my dealer got it from a distributor, and it took about 60 days for the distributor to get it in stock, then another 68 days on the form 3 to get to my dealer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its' called vapor ware....Surefire can't come up with their promised products, just like AAC right now. Ask for a refund and get a better suppressor. </div></div>

Excellent advice. Yesterday I went to my regular dealer and got a refund on an AAC SDN-6, then went and bought a TBAC 30BA that was in stock at another shop.

Yes, great advice. I ordered an AAC 300TM but I don't expect to see it for a year. So in the mean time I bought a 30p-1. I'll let you know which I like better in 2014