• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor Work

aslrookie

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2017
I have a Rugged Obsidian 45 suppressor and it's currently rated for subsonic 300blk and whatnot. The serialized portion is on the rear of the suppressor which is a high strength material. The rest of the tube is aluminum and threads onto the mount. The baffles are heat treated and high strength as well. I wanted to see if a shop could just make me a 17-4 SS tube and end cap to make it useable with .30cal centerfire calibers and supersonic 300blk. Since the factory suppressor has a .45cal diameter bore and the rear portion is serialized, this wouldn't affect NFA requirements to resubmit a form 1.

I have a form 1 suppressor that was my very first entry into the NFA world a few years ago. I am looking to have a shop do a recore on it.

Anyone have recommendations for a shop to do these? I contacted Rugged about just making an option to have an outer tube to swap expanding the use of the suppressor, but their response wasn't too interested.