• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Supreme Court shoots down NY rule that set high bar for concealed handgun licenses

Listen I am as happy about this as anyone but settle down, this doesn't even remove conceal carry permits.

This provides a nice change of weather for how SCOTUS has handles gun cases but this ruling is not going to invalidate the NFA. We are going to have to do that as yet with more legal challenges etc.

I would be very very happy to be wrong though. haha
Agree. There will just be tons of court cases tied up for years in various states.

Yawn 🥱
You got states all over banning ARs in the last month alone and mag capacity

There will always be a way for them to fuck with gun people.

I would not doubt they limit mags to 2 rounds. Lol

Reactions: stefan73
Wow. For starters, Hochul and company need to be jailed for contempt of court.

The Federal court in Syracuse is hearing this case, and will probably issuing an injunction on the matter very, very soon...

Todays update..

for what it’s worth. here is my opinion on this and other infringing laws written since the Bruen decision. the states that enact these new laws know full well that they are unconstitutional when they wrote them, and they don’t care. they know that it will take years and millions of dollars of private money to bring them to court. all the while they are defending them with taxpayer dollars. and in the end they will not be held accountable for violating the constitution and other written laws. because actually writing those laws in direct violation of the 2nd amendment, they are violating the law they are sworn to uphold. again, they don’t care, because there is no punishment for them.
just my two cents.

for what it’s worth. here is my opinion on this and other infringing laws written since the Bruen decision. the states that enact these new laws know full well that they are unconstitutional when they wrote them, and they don’t care. they know that it will take years and millions of dollars of private money to bring them to court. all the while they are defending them with taxpayer dollars. and in the end they will not be held accountable for violating the constitution and other written laws. because actually writing those laws in direct violation of the 2nd amendment, they are violating the law they are sworn to uphold. again, they don’t care, because there is no punishment for them.
just my two cents.

Yes, this is the game they play. Either they make new obscure laws after they are ruled invalid or withdraw before a ruling for it to be "moot" then reimplement the same thing to reset the clock.

Wouldn't surprise me if NY makes rules after this case like
  1. Cannot have purchased more than 100 rounds in a month
  2. Must not be in possession of more than 250 rounds at any given moment
  3. Must prove you have not used a plastic drinking straw within the past 10 years
  4. Must prove you are not taking any over the counter drugs including basics like aspirin, allergy or cold medicines
  5. Provide one different photo for each year starting from exiting the womb up to current age, full color only
  6. Cannot drive more than 5,000 miles per year
  7. Provide tax returns for past 15 years as applicable

just my two cents.
need a law that when a law is struck down, the funds for said law are paid by the politicians that voted for them

Yes, this is the game they play. Either they make new obscure laws after they are ruled invalid or withdraw before a ruling for it to be "moot" then reimplement the same thing to reset the clock.

Wouldn't surprise me if NY makes rules after this case like
  1. Cannot have purchased more than 100 rounds in a month
  2. Must not be in possession of more than 250 rounds at any given moment
  3. Must prove you have not used a plastic drinking straw within the past 10 years
  4. Must prove you are not taking any over the counter drugs including basics like aspirin, allergy or cold medicines
  5. Provide one different photo for each year starting from exiting the womb up to current age, full color only
  6. Cannot drive more than 5,000 miles per year
  7. Provide tax returns for past 15 years as applicable
Well Nassau County requires a urine test so you are correct they are heading own the absurd road and laughing all the way.

Reactions: KZP
1663537097458.png

Well Nassau County requires a urine test so you are correct they are heading own the absurd road and laughing all the way.
What are they testing for? Isn't marijuana legal there?

And pretty much everything else clears out of your system in a couple of days?

What the point of the SCOTUS when states can just ignore it without anything happening?

We’ll at least when it has to do with giving the citizens more power

Seems when a state wants to give citizens more power the fed gets their granny panties in a twist